What you love about where you live?

Options
12346»

Replies

• 1184cjs
    1184cjs Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I love where I live mainly because it's rural but also has easy access to the city. It has great woodland areas for running and some lovely places to have lunch. It is also along the Norfolk broads, which is lovely in the summer as you can hire a boat and sail down the river and stop of at pubs along the way... now all we need is some summer weather :(
  • happywithme12
    happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Not the best photo from the back of my house. Can't see the gorgeous Owyhee mountains. But, I love it!

269560_10150299078353834_2245118_n_zpse8b6a047.jpg

it looks great and he looks like a very happy cute little boy
  • MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I love that we have lots of family here. I love that it takes 10-15 minutes to get to the beach. (and where I grew up it was even closer) Spring & Fall are best for weather as Summer is just down right HOT and it can get fairly chilly in the winter.

I like where I live, but I wouldn't say I love it. We have talked about moving in the past, but now that we have kids we don't want to up and leave all the family members that are here. I think it's great that my kids get to see their grandparents, great-grandmother, aunts, uncles, and cousins as often as we do, unlike me who grew up cut off from everyone and barely saw my relatives.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I love the Rocky Mountains where I live. In the summer, they're great for lots of hiking and trail riding and in the winter, out comes the ski equipment.
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Lake Huron just a few minutes from home:

3163tom.jpg

ETA: my profile & ticker photos were also taken near home
  • shepram50
    shepram50 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I live on Kent island in Maryland. May don't know where that is but most know where the cChesapeake bay bridge is.........some do anyway. It connectes as to the rest of the world. Im lucky enough to wake up with the sun coming up over the bay an watching all tthe ducks an geese fly around. On thw water see all the sail boats an waterman out ttrain to catch the crabs for the local bars...... then at nite or afternoon snuggle up to the bar an over look the beautiful water at the dock bar an relax. Its the most relaxing thing I could think of an have such a hard time. Leaving the area ;),
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    The Cascade Mountains
    The Olympic Mountains
    Puget Sound
    The San Juan Islands
    Clean air
    Endless hiking trails all within a few minutes drive (actually I can run to some during my lunch hour)
    Orca whales - bald eagles
    And so many green trees
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I live in Ontario. Used to live just outside of Toronto and I loved it there simply because it was so close to everything, had tons of stuff to do and I LOVED being super close to ethnic food stores where I could stock up on super fresh produce for cheap! There was also an amazing trail less than a five minute walk from my house. It was great to be close to nature and see the beauty of the area and feel like you were in the middle of nowhere while you were smack dab in the middle of a huge city.

I now live in a smaller town about an hour away from Toronto. I love being back to a smaller town (still a pretty large city) but miss being so close to some things in a larger city. I love that we are now much much closer to family and friends (best part of being back) and I love being close to the downtown area that while this is a bigger city the downtown has a small town feel. Our current home is my favourite since we now own our very own home.. with a lovely yard that has a decent sized veggie garden started.

If I could pick anywhere to live I would live on the East Coast... close to the beach.
  • klemro
    klemro Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I moved to boise Idaho from a small town in Oregon so I love that the city always has something to do Concerts, museums, endless parks and things for the kiddos to do.
  • happywithme12
    happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    i am loving hearing all of you talk about where you live it all sounds so wonderful and i want to thank you all for sharing it with me, and the pictures are beautiful. I love nature and wildlife photos of different areas.
  • Jaxxy_Fae
    Jaxxy_Fae Posts: 28
    Options
    Nothing. I'm actually in the process of moving to somewhere I love far more. What I like about THAT location is everything - mountains, wildlife, flowers, rivers, fishing, snow... It has all the things I really enjoy.
  • Happy_10yr
    Happy_10yr Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Luv the restaurants and parks!! You can walk all over town. Everything is in walking distance (hospital, supermarket, clothing shops, etc.)

There is really no need to drive anywhere in town.

It's neat to park your car on Friday and not get back into it till Monday morning
  • Bajiggity
    Bajiggity Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I live in San Francisco and I love the crazy busy city life and I am so close to the beaches, warfs and mountains.
  • Mama06
    Mama06 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I love NOTHING about where I live. It's Northern VA near D.C. Hideous area of strip malls and condos.

Do you live in Reston? LOL! Just kidding!
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Being equal distances from Boston and Cape Cod
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Northeast Ohio...hmmmm.....

I like the season's. Fall is my favorite but each one (even winter) has positives.
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I live about 50 miles NW of St Louis. I love my small town. We have a state park here and that is my new favorite place to go hiking. The house that I rent has the city park right behind it. I am not too terribly far from the "finer" things in life that the big city has to offer. The weather is pretty good. Summers can be a bit warm and winters we get a little snow but nothing like Wisconsin or Minnesota. I grew up in Phoenix and having four seasons is a nice change. I couldn't think of any other place I'd like to be.