newmeadow wrote: »
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    PRMinx wrote: »
    wamydia wrote: »
    Yep. And trying to online date made it even worse. I quit after an incredibly short period of time because all I could get were text conversations along the lines of PRMinx's up there. And guys who insisted that if we didn't meet immediately IRL (like an hour after our first message on the dating site, no kidding), that I was "stringing them along" and <gasp!> "wasting their time." Sheesh.

Isn't that nice?

I especially liked hearing "well, I test drive a car before I buy it" line. Classy.

Men really use that line. I would never say that to a girl but am I thinking that. Yes and so is almost every man I know.

What meet in a hour after first message? Are you sure you are talking to the guy in the pic. I will say that people do need to confirm identity before meeting IRL.

Charming.

It's the truth though.

Your truth, perhaps.

and "almost every man I know". There is only one person I know 100% bought the car without a test drive and I kind of knew he would. I encourage it since he wanted to wait why not.

Since "test driving" is slang for "having premarital sex" then I think we're all pretty much guilty as charged. At one time or another.

Some of us may take issue with the expression, but it is what it is.

:smiley::lol:
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,946 Member
    Options
    I'm convinced were all crazy. So stop blaming every one else
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    wellsjr79 wrote: »
    I'm convinced were all crazy. So stop blaming every one else

Because this needs to be said twice... possibly 100 times.
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I was married for 13 years so being single again has shocked me. People don't "date" now...they "hang out." 90% of men are just looking to get laid while 90% of women are just looking for someone to be their sugar daddy. Those of us that would like a decent relationship are in the minority.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I was married for 13 years so being single again has shocked me. People don't "date" now...they "hang out." 90% of men are just looking to get laid while 90% of women are just looking for someone to be their sugar daddy. Those of us that would like a decent relationship are in the minority.

Not looking for a sugar daddy, but it sure would be nice to meet a guy who 1) has a job and 2) doesn't live with his parents.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

Not looking for a sugar daddy, but it sure would be nice to meet a guy who 1) has a job and 2) doesn't live with his parents.

Dang. You got high expectations!
  • PRMinx
    Options

I am amazed at the sheer number of men (boys) my age who still live at home. Like, WTF? Grow up.
  • CherylynBen
    CherylynBen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    JeriAnne84 wrote: »
    I can't even count how many horrible dates I've been on. I had one guy stare at my boobs the whole time. THE WHOLE TIME. Seriously a glance now and then I get, but he stared the whole time and I don't think he had an idea of what my face looked like until I said "hey, they don't talk or do tricks".

I had another guy tell me that just the way my dog looked annoyed him and I'd have to get rid of him. I had just adopted him the week before and saved him from being put to sleep. KTHXBYE, @$$hat.

I had a guy meet me at Wendy's (because ya know, class) and then grabbed my boob in the parking lot. Then begged for a 2nd date and sent me a junk picture as I was almost home from that date.

I've had a guy grab me, start kissing me to the point I thought he was going to suck my face off my skull. He was also grabbing my boobs. I finally got away from him and told him I wasn't like that and he replied with, "but I like them". Good for you jack@$$. Then he grabbed me again and I put him in a wrist lock and made him hurt for a bit.

And that was just four different first dates. My ex-boyfriends were all cheaters, except one who was emotionally and verbally abusive, and another who just decided to get back with his ex who cheated on him the whole time. She also lived in California when he was in Kansas.

Man this really makes me appreciate my current boyfriend now. Love the crap outta that man.

OMG with guys and the boob thing. I was a widow at 30 and got back in the dating pool and, my God, guys are a ton more boob obsessed. I got in the car with someone and he grabbed my boob immediately. I ditched him during dinner and never saw him again. Even upon meeting my now fiancé, he stared at my boobs a lot. But he made a lot of eye contact and our chemistry was good. but I tease him about it all the time still. Dating is tough. But going on dates now, with the man I love is priceless <3
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

I am amazed at the sheer number of men (boys) my age who still live at home. Like, WTF? Grow up.

Times are tough, man! Give a brother a break!
  • PRMinx
    Options

Times are tough, man! Give a brother a break!

If I can do it, they can do it.
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options

Very true.

• LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,946 Member
    Options
    So everyone is saying that they are single because everyone else is screwed up? Lol. I get it now. It couldn't possibly in a million years be anything your doing yourself.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    So everyone is saying that they are single because everyone else is screwed up? Lol. I get it now. It couldn't possibly in a million years be anything your doing yourself.

Believe when I say I learned real quick about things I do wrong.
  • PRMinx
    Options

LOL.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

That's it?
  • PRMinx
    Options

That's it?

Well, of course there's other criteria like chemisty. But this would be a good start.
  • lexlowe
    lexlowe Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    MissAnjy wrote: »
    Anyone else feel like a flystrip for dysfunctional men/women?

I'd be happy attracting anything,even dysfunctional. My messages to women on dating sites almost never garner any replies.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    lexlowe wrote: »
    MissAnjy wrote: »
    Anyone else feel like a flystrip for dysfunctional men/women?

I'd be happy attracting anything,even dysfunctional. My messages to women on dating sites almost never garner any replies.

Try having more fun with your message.
  • yopeeps025
    edited March 2015
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

You mean single versus married? (Meaning actually married, not becoming roommates.)

I'm not sure how many single people who are dating are actually interested in marriage or know what it takes to get and stay married. Or what it even means to be married.

I know women have been hypnotized to believe that availing themselves sexually to men before marriage makes them more marriageable. And that doesn't seem to be a very effective game plan judging by the general demise of marriage overall and the huge increase of women remaining single in their 30s and well into middle age. Meanwhile men get to have their cake and eat it too.

I don't think it's so much the individuals who are screwed up but more the cultural brainwashing that's screwed up. Which in turn, screws up the individuals. Granted it can be seen as a what-comes-first-the-chicken-or-the-egg kinda thing.

But I see your point too. For as many people who complain about their dates coming off as creepy, weird or psycho - one or more of those adjectives have probably been used to describe them as well. Whether that description is one that's deserved is unknown.

But some of the most egregious stories on this thread, and others like it, which detail being groped and sexually propositioned in a vulgar and crude manner within a very short period time from being introduced - women aren't the ones doing this. And most men don't do this either. But the number of men who DO do this appear to be rising. Compared to 20 years ago for instance.

I would call the bold a very big problem these days too. Now what people will start to notice is clues the other gives for how far you can go.

Like going to the movies. Do you:
    A) ask the person to cuddle, hold hands etc...
    B ) just do whatever you want
    C) play in cool and wait to see if the other does something.

Maybe it is a maturity thing too. Maybe the person does not care about the person there on a date with.