I have the WORST dating history of all time

Options

Replies

• LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,946 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'd stick with society and gender inequality. And when I sat i think genders should be equal. I mean equal in everything.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    newmeadow wrote: »
    wellsjr79 wrote: »
    So everyone is saying that they are single because everyone else is screwed up? Lol. I get it now. It couldn't possibly in a million years be anything your doing yourself.

You mean single versus married? (Meaning actually married, not becoming roommates.)

I'm not sure how many single people who are dating are actually interested in marriage or know what it takes to get and stay married. Or what it even means to be married.

I know women have been hypnotized to believe that availing themselves sexually to men before marriage makes them more marriageable. And that doesn't seem to be a very effective game plan judging by the general demise of marriage overall and the huge increase of women remaining single in their 30s and well into middle age. Meanwhile men get to have their cake and eat it too.

I don't think it's so much the individuals who are screwed up but more the cultural brainwashing that's screwed up. Which in turn, screws up the individuals. Granted it can be seen as a what-comes-first-the-chicken-or-the-egg kinda thing.

But I see your point too. For as many people who complain about their dates coming off as creepy, weird or psycho - one or more of those adjectives have probably been used to describe them as well. Whether that description is one that's deserved is unknown.

But some of the most egregious stories on this thread, and others like it, which detail being groped and sexually propositioned in a vulgar and crude manner within a very short period time from being introduced - women aren't the ones doing this. And most men don't do this either. But the number of men who DO do this appear to be rising. Compared to 20 years ago for instance.

I would call the bold a very big problem these days too. Now what people will start to notice is clues the other gives for how far you can go.

Like going to the movies. Do you:
    A) ask the person to cuddle, hold hands etc...
    B ) just do whatever you want
    C) play in cool and wait to see if the other does something.

Maybe it is a maturity thing too. Maybe the person does not care about the person there on a date with.

So much yes to the bolded.

I've been out on a lot of dates. Some guys are great, some are not so great. Sometimes it clicks and there's chemistry, sometimes there's no chemistry.

All of that is ok - that's what dating is all about.

But the text message convo I posted earlier in the thread? That's disgusting behavior. Since when is it ok to talk about sex and be that aggressive about it in the very first texting exchange?

The guy who flipped out on me in a parking lot because I wouldn't kiss him goodnight? That is crazy, scary behavior.

Neither situation has anything to do with me as a person.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    So everyone is saying that they are single because everyone else is screwed up? Lol. I get it now. It couldn't possibly in a million years be anything your doing yourself.

You mean single versus married? (Meaning actually married, not becoming roommates.)

I'm not sure how many single people who are dating are actually interested in marriage or know what it takes to get and stay married. Or what it even means to be married.

I know women have been hypnotized to believe that availing themselves sexually to men before marriage makes them more marriageable. And that doesn't seem to be a very effective game plan judging by the general demise of marriage overall and the huge increase of women remaining single in their 30s and well into middle age. Meanwhile men get to have their cake and eat it too.

I don't think it's so much the individuals who are screwed up but more the cultural brainwashing that's screwed up. Which in turn, screws up the individuals. Granted it can be seen as a what-comes-first-the-chicken-or-the-egg kinda thing.

But I see your point too. For as many people who complain about their dates coming off as creepy, weird or psycho - one or more of those adjectives have probably been used to describe them as well. Whether that description is one that's deserved is unknown.

But some of the most egregious stories on this thread, and others like it, which detail being groped and sexually propositioned in a vulgar and crude manner within a very short period time from being introduced - women aren't the ones doing this. And most men don't do this either. But the number of men who DO do this appear to be rising. Compared to 20 years ago for instance.

I would call the bold a very big problem these days too. Now what people will start to notice is clues the other gives for how far you can go.

Maybe it is a maturity thing too. Maybe the person does not care about the person there on a date with.

I've been out on a lot of dates. Some guys are great, some are not so great. Sometimes it clicks and there's chemistry, sometimes there's no chemistry.

But the text message convo I posted earlier in the thread? That's disgusting behavior. Since when is it ok to talk about sex and be that aggressive about it in the very first texting exchange?

The guy who flipped out on me in a parking lot because I wouldn't kiss him goodnight? That is crazy, scary behavior.

That is pretty out there like why is he so mad? Must be a maturity thing

• PRMinx
    Options

Oh! He was mad because he paid for dinner (I offered) and thought he deserved it. I had to go inside and get the manager.

That's not a maturity thing - that's an unhinged, crazy person thing.
  • yopeeps025
    edited March 2015
    Options

Oh! He was mad because he paid for dinner (I offered) and thought he deserved it. I had to go inside and get the manager.

That's not a maturity thing - that's an unhinged, crazy person thing.

So maybe it was men who started the "I paid so she has the do something in return mentality which is just stupid." These men need to go to some dating class 101. Maybe more than one there's a lot to learn.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    This thread:

5t2rg0ye37gl.jpg
  • LiftingRiot
    Options
    I hear a lot of bashing on guys like we are the only ones vulgar? Ummmm. You should hear what some ladies say to me on here when it's uninvited.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's because I try to surround myself with cool people, but I feel like I really don't know anyone, male or female, who is a quarter the amount of crazy as what I'm hearing described in these stories.
  • PRMinx
    Options
    I hear a lot of bashing on guys like we are the only ones vulgar? Ummmm. You should hear what some ladies say to me on here when it's uninvited.

No one is stopping you from sharing your experiences.

You seem to be taking this personally.
  • LiftingRiot
    Options
    Not really. I don't feel the need to share. But I like things being equal and not one sided. like meadows said, We need to take responsibility. I don't like some things that are said to me but then again, look at my pics and the site I'm on. I can leave if I want to but I'm still here
  • yopeeps025
    edited March 2015
    Options

LOL when do you ever hear a guy say.

I went out on a date with this women. Towards the end of the night she kiss me and felt my junk. Now I feel violated.

Some guys are getting bashed because they don't know how to interactive with the opposite sex and no we cannot used treat people the way you want to be treat.

Where is that guy who talked about equality? Oh it is the person I quoted. So if I hit you would we not start fighting? If a lady hit you would you start fighting her?
  • LiftingRiot
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I think she should be arrested for hitting a man just as easily as a guy is arrested for hitting a woman. That equality. Obviously u don't know what I'm talking about so I will dismiss your ignorance.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Not really. I don't feel the need to share. But I like things being equal and not one sided. like meadows said, We need to take responsibility. I don't like some things that are said to me but then again, look at my pics and the site I'm on. I can leave if I want to but I'm still here

Wait, what? You can't complain about a thread being one-sided and then not contribute the other side. Women who date men know crazy men stories. They don't know crazy women stories. They can't provide the other perspective. I'm sure if there were some lesbians posting their "WORST dating stories of all time," you'd see some stories about crazy women.

Or are you trying to say that some of the stories on here are partly the fault of the woman? Let's apply that to the most recent story of the dude who flipped *kitten* because he thought he was due something. What's the other side of that story you're looking for? Like, she ordered the lobster and wouldn't put out?
  • yopeeps025
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I think she should be arrested for hitting a man just as easily as a guy is arrested for hitting a woman. That equality. Obviously u don't know what I'm talking about so I will dismiss your ignorance.

That best case scenario but that is not reality right?

I know what equality is. For true gender equality you think that will ever happen in this world? How about our life time will this happen? Next generation? Utopia?
  • LiftingRiot
    Options
    Good point tin. I was actually harassed by my boss grabbing me when I was young working in a restaurant. All the waitresses said things at times too. Some were friends and fun at first but it gets old quick. Some ladies just straight out tell me to do sexual things to them on here. A couple times.

If everyone payed for their own meals like the lady offered to do, someone wouldn't feel cheated. She didn't do anything wrong and that guy had some issues. But I do believe society has a lot to blame in how people perceive how the genders roles should be.
  • LiftingRiot
    Options
    And I don't mind paying once in a while but we both work hard for our money. And unfortunately, I know I'm crazy, haha, and have been on too many dates and paid for too many meals.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options

I know what equality is. For true gender equality you think that will ever happen in this world? How about our life time will this happen? Next generation? Utopia?

Gender equality does not and will no exist. It will not exist as long as women keep pulling out "but I'm a girl!" card when it involves doing things that gets your hands dirty. Happens all the time.

Note: I realize not all women do this. Kudos to you for that.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    8fc337b420cc4b7e4aba585a888f9126.png
  • yopeeps025
    edited March 2015
    Options

Gender equality does not and will no exist. It will not exist as long as women keep pulling out "but I'm a girl!" card when it involves doing things that gets your hands dirty. Happens all the time.

Note: I realize not all women do this. Kudos to you for that.

I haven't seeing that too much happening lately or maybe I feel it and just leave before I realize it.
  • PRMinx
    Options

Wait, what? You can't complain about a thread being one-sided and then not contribute the other side. Women who date men know crazy men stories. They don't know crazy women stories. They can't provide the other perspective. I'm sure if there were some lesbians posting their "WORST dating stories of all time," you'd see some stories about crazy women.

Or are you trying to say that some of the stories on here are partly the fault of the woman? Let's apply that to the most recent story of the dude who flipped *kitten* because he thought he was due something. What's the other side of that story you're looking for? Like, she ordered the lobster and wouldn't put out?

<3