1111213141517»

Replies

• CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Afzg
    I think it's what's been "sold" to women: to be equal to a man, one should be like a man. It's total crap, and both genders miss out. Unmarried women should not be putting out at such a rate that single men think if they spend money they should get sex.

That's not dating, it's something else, and the entire culture suffers for it, not just women. I had a friend complain, sorrowfully, about the meaninglessness of his hookups (good news - he finally found a wife!) Men need real relationships too, and benefit greatly from marriage.

Hook-up culture is a terrible lie that says you can get your needs met without the effort of a relationship. The problem with that is that people's deeper needs are being neglected. We are not animals evolved from other animals that need to behave in animalistic ways. When we behave in this way, (which most of us do from time to time), unhappiness results, because deep down we know we are better, we are made for better things.

Only problem with "hook-up culture" is when both adults don't consent. Something tells me that your view on open marriages and swingers would be interesting.

How about a more objective view?

Business Insider has an article that looks at marriage. One section has to do with open relationships. They scored lower than every other group: single, married, widowed, divorced or it's complicated. Open relationships don't make people happy. It just satisfies their sex organs to the detriment of their overall well-being.

http://www.businessinsider.com/interesting-facts-about-marriage-and-love-2012-7?op=1

I wanted to hear your views because I knew it would be funny.

Ok here is my view about open relationships. "There is a way that seems right to a man, but the end is it's way to death."

I have NEVER met a person that was sexually promiscuous (and that would be ALOT of people), that weren't sad and regretful of it at some point, whether they were men or women. I've seen too many women who either can't concieve because an STD robbed them of that, men depressed because they've had so many women they can't find someone special or memories of degrading encounters that make men feel like they are not living up to the people they wanted to be.

It starts out as fun and games, but is pretty detrimental.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I agree and online dating is a cruel joke for women. I have male roommate that really enjoys it but for me its been really lame. I have also found that the men want to meet immediately after greeting you....um. no.

And to be clear, men need to be taught how to keep it in their pants.

WHAT?

What's your question?

I forgot to make my joke.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Ok
  • kalin73
    kalin73 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 24 and I have never been in a relationship...
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    kalin73 wrote: »

I'm 42 and never been in a relationship, you have time, don't worry, just keep looking
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    kalin73 wrote: »

I'm 42 and never been in a relationship, you have time, don't worry, just keep looking

I'm older than both of you, have been in lots of relationships. They come and go. Just don't get bitter.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Dating is so horrible that I wish arranged marriages still existed.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Dating is so horrible that I wish arranged marriages still existed.

That takes out a lot that I feel can make or break a marriage.
  • trying4real
    trying4real Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    I'm right there with ya. Want to laugh? Check out this gem of an exchange I had with a dude from Match. Seriously, you can't make this sh&t up.

imgur.com/a/15b6g

Keep on, keeping on.

lmao at this !!
  • yopeeps025
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm right there with ya. Want to laugh? Check out this gem of an exchange I had with a dude from Match. Seriously, you can't make this sh&t up.

imgur.com/a/15b6g

Keep on, keeping on.

lmao at this !!

That guy is 39 and all I'm reading is that there is no way he is not a virgin. Also why would he tells the person he is talking to that he wants to test drive before he buys. He 100% never kisses on the first date.. :lol: So much wrong in one conversation.

• YanskaNY
    YanskaNY Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You are not alone my dear. I myself am here on MFP so that I can become the fittest, healthiest cat lady I can! :0)
  • almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    YanskaNY wrote: »
    You are not alone my dear. I myself am here on MFP so that I can become the fittest, healthiest cat lady I can! :0)

I'm gonna become a parakeet lady :)

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

imgur.com/a/15b6g

Keep on, keeping on.

lmao at this !!

That guy is 39 and all I'm reading is that there is no way he is not a virgin. Also why would he tells the person he is talking to that he wants to test drive before he buys. He 100% never kisses on the first date.. :lol: So much wrong in one conversation.

No actually, he always kisses on the first date. In fact, I think he was suggesting sex on the first date. Read it again.

And he never said he was a virgin. Quite the opposite.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

imgur.com/a/15b6g

Keep on, keeping on.

lmao at this !!

No actually, he always kisses on the first date. In fact, I think he was suggesting sex on the first date. Read it again.

And he never said he was a virgin. Quite the opposite.

Just because someone talks about doing things does not mean he has actually done them. That not what being humble is to me when talking about sex.

And got it. I did read his "rule girls" wrong. LOL he's an idiot