I have the WORST dating history of all time

Options

Replies

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    wellsjr79 wrote: »
    I think she should be arrested for hitting a man just as easily as a guy is arrested for hitting a woman. That equality. Obviously u don't know what I'm talking about so I will dismiss your ignorance.

That best case scenario but that is not reality right?

I know what equality is. For true gender equality you think that will ever happen in this world? How about our life time will this happen? Next generation? Utopia?

Gender equality does not and will no exist. It will not exist as long as women keep pulling out "but I'm a girl!" card when it involves doing things that gets your hands dirty. Happens all the time.

Note: I realize not all women do this. Kudos to you for that.

MRA FTW!! What in the actual *kitten*?!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    This should help some of the men out there with finding the right woman:

http://youtu.be/vwbKYcBdVyk
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I think it's what's been "sold" to women: to be equal to a man, one should be like a man. It's total crap, and both genders miss out. Unmarried women should not be putting out at such a rate that single men think if they spend money they should get sex.

That's not dating, it's something else, and the entire culture suffers for it, not just women. I had a friend complain, sorrowfully, about the meaninglessness of his hookups (good news - he finally found a wife!) Men need real relationships too, and benefit greatly from marriage.

Hook-up culture is a terrible lie that says you can get your needs met without the effort of a relationship. The problem with that is that people's deeper needs are being neglected. We are not animals evolved from other animals that need to behave in animalistic ways. When we behave in this way, (which most of us do from time to time), unhappiness results, because deep down we know we are better, we are made for better things.
  • chivalryder
    Options
    I think it's what's been "sold" to women: to be equal to a man, one should be like a man. It's total crap, and both genders miss out. Unmarried women should not be putting out at such a rate that single men think if they spend money they should get sex.

That's not dating, it's something else, and the entire culture suffers for it, not just women. I had a friend complain, sorrowfully, about the meaninglessness of his hookups (good news - he finally found a wife!) Men need real relationships too, and benefit greatly from marriage.

Hook-up culture is a terrible lie that says you can get your needs met without the effort of a relationship. The problem with that is that people's deeper needs are being neglected. We are not animals evolved from other animals that need to behave in animalistic ways. When we behave in this way, (which most of us do from time to time), unhappiness results, because deep down we know we are better, we are made for better things.

But we did evolve from other animals.

I'm so confused! :confused:
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    cf78be61180f4defcbe567b9c1ccb90a.png
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Only problem with "hook-up culture" is when both adults don't consent. Something tells me that your view on open marriages and swingers would be interesting.
  • chivalryder
    Options

Only problem with "hook-up culture" is when both adults don't consent. Something tells me that your view on open marriages and swingers would be interesting.

Apparently half of the BDSM community is doing it wrong.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

Apparently half of the BDSM community is doing it wrong.

BDSM has nothing to do with this.
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I was going to join this thread as a late comer and say I literally don't know how to meet people anymore. But clearly s**t's going down here.
  • gspero72
    gspero72 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    _Tink_ wrote: »
    I can't even get my own husband to date me. We've been on one date since 2002. To a lunch buffet.
    I don't understand how this is possible? I've been married/engaged for about 15 years now. We still do date nights, spontaneous lunch or coffee hook ups. It takes work and effort, even more so than when dating!! Hoping things change around for you!!

• Hoop4la
    Hoop4la Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    PRMInx .. sorry to interrupt and I wont stay but .. I loved your comment " that is quite a rule you have there " lol !!! :)
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I was going to join this thread as a late comer and say I literally don't know how to meet people anymore.

Silly. Just talk to people. You look like you have a cute sense of humor. Always say hi to people and start up a little friendly chat here and there with no expectations. You'll find you'll love it and it'll become a habit.

Key words.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I was going to join this thread as a late comer and say I literally don't know how to meet people anymore.

Silly. Just talk to people. You look like you have a cute sense of humor. Always say hi to people and start up a little friendly chat here and there with no expectations. You'll find you'll love it and it'll become a habit.

I've found self-deprecating humor and non sequiturs make for great icebreakers.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

I've found self-deprecating humor and non sequiturs make for great icebreakers.

They do! And you guys who do that with flair are all taken :heart: :cry:

What is this icebreaker y'all are talking about?
  • CJisinShape
    Options
    Should have gone with my first instinct:

8yngi3dhth2j.jpg
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hoop4la wrote: »
    PRMInx .. sorry to interrupt and I wont stay but .. I loved your comment " that is quite a rule you have there " lol !!! :)

LOL, right? Rules girls are awesome.
  • CJisinShape
    Options
    Should have gone with my first instinct:

8yngi3dhth2j.jpg

• Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Lucy-Hale-No-Idea-Whats-Going-On-Here-Reaction-Gif.gif
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blocked_user/new/UserNumberGoesHere

If you want to block someone from sending you messages, just replace the last part where it says "UserNumberGoesHere" with their number. To get their number, view their profile and click the "Send Message" button. Get the number from the browser, at the end.

AND WE DO NEED THE FORUMS IGNORE BUTTON BACK!!!!!!
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I met a guy online and we hit it off immediately, after a few dates and chivalry and romance he mentions he is married!! Jaw drop! Anyway he went to Spain and thought he'd share that he couldn't concentrate with the prostitute he was with night before because I was on his mind!!
    Even weirder, the guys I showed the text to kind of shrugged and went, well it's a compliment really,
    WHU WHU WHAT???

I also spent DAYS texting with the funniest guy ever, and he turned out to be a different person and ethnic background and name from his picture. So now I just have a few little texts and try to meet them quickly to avoid that kind of disappointment.

Lots of 'married' guy experiences!

But I've also has great experiences too, and am currently dating an absolute diamond, that I nearly didn't go on a second date with because he wasn't exciting enough. Thank god he pursued me!