I have the WORST dating history of all time

Options

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    jyogit wrote: »
    ive not been asked for money yet .. lol

if a woman starts asking about work and money stuff its an instant sign to me.. yes its something to talk about at some point but ..ya know .. i never ask, its none of my business unless its a few dates in and looks like its gonna go somewhere .. the online dating things good for not having to trawl bars n clubs but full of minefields for both sexes i agree

I get not asking about money, but not asking about what your job is? You spend a third of your life working. If I'm on a date with a guy, of course I'll ask him what he does for a living. It's better than asking how well he sleeps (which is another third of his life approx.). Or should I just ask how his weekends go generally and then stop talking?
  • jyogit
    jyogit Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »

if a woman starts asking about work and money stuff its an instant sign to me.. yes its something to talk about at some point but ..ya know .. i never ask, its none of my business unless its a few dates in and looks like its gonna go somewhere .. the online dating things good for not having to trawl bars n clubs but full of minefields for both sexes i agree

I get not asking about money, but not asking about what your job is? You spend a third of your life working. If I'm on a date with a guy, of course I'll ask him what he does for a living. It's better than asking how well he sleeps (which is another third of his life approx.). Or should I just ask how his weekends go generally and then stop talking?

lol .. i dunno its just not something i think about if im honest .. which i usually am ..
    my jobs dull n boring so i know im never going to impress a woman with what i do for a living, but .. it pays the bills and for my holidays and thats all that i care about.
  • beanrider
    beanrider Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    wolfsbayne wrote: »
    sklarbodds wrote: »
    I'm a short guy (5'4) I pretty much get eliminated from every girls search filter immediately with online dating lol. Ok not really funny, but true story!

Oh yeah...in my experience girls are pretty obsessed with height (though I'm 5'10"). Most need a guy to be 3" taller than them so they can wear heals.

I've always been curious why that's not as shallow as what a lot of guys say.

I think that's pretty shallow. While, I do appreciate a guy that's quite a bit taller than me, it's not a deal breaker. I don't wear heels-whatever.

On another note, I would totally go out with Peter Dinklage if he wasn't married and he asked. :heart_eyes:

As a 6'2" tall woman, if I filtered by height, I would never date!!
    And I am right there with you on Peter!! woot woot!
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »

Ask about the illegal substances they deem most inappropriate lol
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    beanrider wrote: »
    wolfsbayne wrote: »
    I'm a short guy (5'4) I pretty much get eliminated from every girls search filter immediately with online dating lol. Ok not really funny, but true story!

Oh yeah...in my experience girls are pretty obsessed with height (though I'm 5'10"). Most need a guy to be 3" taller than them so they can wear heals.

I think that's pretty shallow. While, I do appreciate a guy that's quite a bit taller than me, it's not a deal breaker. I don't wear heels-whatever.

On another note, I would totally go out with Peter Dinklage if he wasn't married and he asked. :heart_eyes:

As a 6'2" tall woman, if I filtered by height, I would never date!!
    And I am right there with you on Peter!! woot woot!

I can only imagine lol

• ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    ascrit wrote: »

Have they told you that or do you just assume that your height is the reason?
    I've talked to women and many say it is a big factor. I do get some responses, but if you look at 95% of women's criteria on what they are "looking" for. It's 5'8 and above, usually 5'10 and above. Even for the 5'3 and shorter chicks!

And many of them specifically in their profiles state must be tall. I have confidence though so I'm not super worried about it!

I get that. I am atheist and I have noticed that most women's profiles that I see say they are looking for a religious person but unless they specifically say "must be willing to go to church" then I contact them (if I find them attractive.) If they turn me down/don't respond then that's their choice. While religious preference is probably only nominally comparable to height as a qualifying trait I have found that most people don't really care that much one thing as they do the overall package.
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I'm not asking for a taller woman to date, just that the shorties give the short guys a chance and leave the tall guys to the tall women. I'm not asking for much ladies!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Wow and I thought my sister was just exagerating about these men until reading all of this. My sister is 44 and I am praying she doesnt end up single for the rest of her life but after reading these stories I am not so sure anymore.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Ho man, this thread is full of sad.

My worst date was when a guy came to pick me up in a low-rider two door yellow pick-up truck that had a naked girl silhouette on the back window and purple fur lined inside.
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEAH! :|

Glad I am married now and no longer have to deal with the dating scene.
  • beckibelgium
    beckibelgium Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I've never dated :/
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Ho man, this thread is full of sad.

My worst date was when a guy came to pick me up in a low-rider two door yellow pick-up truck that had a naked girl silhouette on the back window and purple fur lined inside.
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEAH! :|

Glad I am married now and no longer have to deal with the dating scene.

giphy.gif
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I've been single since I was 25 (I'm turning 30 this year) and it's been one horror after another, and YES, I am selective. I have high standards but anyone can "meet them" if they pretend to before I figure it out right? I've had my fair share of complete doozies lately and I'm pretty sure I will be alone forever.
  • Lalalindaloo
    Lalalindaloo Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I've had so many awful dates I could write a book. Boat boy who got drunk while we were out on the boat, then couldn't find the dock. The guy my mother *found* for me who looked only at me, without blinking, for the entire length of the movie we were watching. In the theatre. The guy who met me for lunch who told me he was divorced, then later, his wife (surprise!!) sent me a text asking who the hell I was.

Actually, I should write a book.

In the last year though, I've had some really great dates and met some really nice people. Some we just didn't click, others maybe its not the right time, and some I still go out with casually. Maybe things are looking up. ;)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

You know why- because if they wear heels their man complains about their woman being taller.

so yeah- we like wearing our heels- so we like a man to be taller so he doesn't *kitten* about us wearing our heels.

Do I wish my BF was taller- yes-he's only like 1.5" taller than me- and I wear the *kitten* out of some big heels. not a single fuk was given either. he doesn't love them- but he doesn't care if I wear them- never gives me grief- and fortunately I have him trained- if we are doing a surprise date- he tells me what shoes to wear- or avoid- so no awkward shoe malfunctions.

BUT- what really is more of a problem- we can't walk with his arm over my shoulders- because the height difference is so close- I have to scrunch to get under his arm- or he has to stretch to get over my shoulders- so- we hold hands more often than anything else.
    Heels mean I can go 'over' but
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    .. most people don't really care that much one thing as they do the overall package.

Tall, handsome, with a big ol.... Wallet.

Yes?
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Sinistrous wrote: »
    .. most people don't really care that much one thing as they do the overall package.

Tall, handsome, with a big ol.... Wallet.

Yes?

I'm sure there are people like that out there; I just have never run into them I am happy to say.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

You know why- because if they wear heels their man complains about their woman being taller.

so yeah- we like wearing our heels- so we like a man to be taller so he doesn't *kitten* about us wearing our heels.

Do I wish my BF was taller- yes-he's only like 1.5" taller than me- and I wear the *kitten* out of some big heels. not a single fuk was given either. he doesn't love them- but he doesn't care if I wear them- never gives me grief- and fortunately I have him trained- if we are doing a surprise date- he tells me what shoes to wear- or avoid- so no awkward shoe malfunctions.

BUT- what really is more of a problem- we can't walk with his arm over my shoulders- because the height difference is so close- I have to scrunch to get under his arm- or he has to stretch to get over my shoulders- so- we hold hands more often than anything else.
    Heels mean I can go 'over' but

I have to agree. I am 5'9" and I love me some 5-6 inch heels which put me at the SAME height as my husband 6'2" and he still complains.
  • ActorFighterGuy
    ActorFighterGuy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Oh man. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who has trouble. I've had friends recommend the online dating, but it's kinda nerve-wracking.
  • beckibelgium
    beckibelgium Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5ft 2(and a little bit) should really wear heels but can't walk in um lol
  • ActorFighterGuy
    ActorFighterGuy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    I'm right there with ya. Want to laugh? Check out this gem of an exchange I had with a dude from Match. Seriously, you can't make this sh&t up.

imgur.com/a/15b6g

Keep on, keeping on.

Okay, read what you shared and my jaw dropped. I seriously don't get my gender.