Options

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Sinistrous wrote: »
    PRMinx wrote: »
    sklarbodds wrote: »
    Honestly...I'm just looking for a cute woman who is laid back and likes fitness (or at least healthy living). Is that asking too much :wink:

As for the meeting after an hour of convo? No. Usually for me it's about a week or two. That being said, I hate the online chatting. I can learn more about you in an hour over coffee than I ever could typing on a dating site.

I will say, girls are infamous for the profile pic "bait and switch". Or at least the creative angles.

Men too. I had a guy lie about his height. Said he was 6'2, but showed up and he was really 5'8ish.

I never understood why he lied. I'm 5'4. It's not like it's hard to be taller than I am...

Was he wearing heels, too?

No, no heels.

He did, however, lecture me about arsenic in rice. And then he proceeded to tell me all about his digestive issues, especially when he drinks beer. Which is what he was drinking at the time. Needless to say, ONE AND DONE.
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Oh, I had another girl get another guy's number on our 2nd date right in front of me. The crappy thing is I drove and I had to take her home (I can't be that mean and just leave her there), but when I got to her house she asked, "Aren't you coming up?"...I'm like, "You're kidding, right?". She was honestly confused why I was upset.

I did this on a first date I did not know I was on. Why didn't I know I was on a date? Because he called me up to "hang out," I dressed cute and he looked like a slob and I thought I'd gotten it wrong when we first went to his mom's house so he could fold his laundry (and I could awkwardly chit chat with his mom and grandma) and then we went to the place where he was housesitting so I could vacuum up rabbit poo while he walked their dog. (Yes, he did leave a woman he only slightly knew in his friends' condo for several minutes.)

We then bought our own coffees and had a non-flirty conversation about movies. As we were leaving, a guy said he overheard me talking about how much I loved The Godfather (my "date" had never seen it) and asked me if I had seen The Departed yet because he would love to go.

My date was furious and the other dude never called me.

WTH is wrong with people?
  • MalineVD
    MalineVD Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    It looks like I'm the only one that has only had pleasant dates? Maybe because I'm picky when it comes to the people I date?
  • Markdjones83
    Options
    I'm a short guy (5'4) I pretty much get eliminated from every girls search filter immediately with online dating lol. Ok not really funny, but true story!
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    MalineVD wrote: »
    It looks like I'm the only one that has only had pleasant dates? Maybe because I'm picky when it comes to the people I date?

I've never been on "dates" LOL.
    I can't say yes or no, because I have no idea.
  • PRMinx
    Options

Yes, you are right. I date just about anyone. I pick 'em up on the way home from work right off the street! It's amazing what you can find.
  • Sinistrous
    Options
    I'm a short guy (5'4) I pretty much get eliminated from every girls search filter immediately with online dating lol. Ok not really funny, but true story!

Not all women are like that.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 guys lie to me about their height. I'm 5'6" and the guy told me he was 5'9" when he was the same height as me. We actually had a great date, one of the best dates I've been on, until he texted me at 3 AM the morning of our 2nd date and told me this female friend he had "showed intrest" in him so he was going to try and date her. Whatever.

The second guy told me he was 5'10" when he was shorter than me. I was like you're not 5'10" sorry to break it to you. He told me he was, when he was standing RIGHT THERE in front of me. I said "dude, I'm 5'6" and I can see the top of your head. You are not 5'10"". He was also the one that on that same date wanted me to facebook message his ex and have her tell me the story of how he gave her HPV. I would have gotten the gold in running had that date taken place during the Olympics.
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »

Yes, you are right. I date just about anyone. I pick 'em up on the way home from work right off the street! It's amazing what you can find.

ZING
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options

Oh yeah...in my experience girls are pretty obsessed with height (though I'm 5'10"). Most need a guy to be 3" taller than them so they can wear heals.

I've always been curious why that's not as shallow as what a lot of guys say.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I guess the only really HORRIBLE date I had was where the guy complained about his life. I mean, EVERYTHING sucked for him. He asked me out again and I told him I just wasn't interested. I didn't need that kind of negativity. Of course, that was about 5 or 6 years ago.
  • MalineVD
    MalineVD Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Well, the last date I've been on was like 4 months ago. A friend of mine encouraged him to contact me. We talked online for a couple of days and then he took me on a date. Waited for me with a bottle of wine. We walked and talked for over an hour, then we went to my favourite cafe where a live band was playing. Danced and talked more. Then we walked home and it took us more than three hours because we were constanly laughing. Then we climbed on some kind of scaffolding, so we could see the entire city from above and there he kissed me.
    I'm still seeing him now :)
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options

Have they told you that or do you just assume that your height is the reason?
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options

Oh yeah...in my experience girls are pretty obsessed with height (though I'm 5'10"). Most need a guy to be 3" taller than them so they can wear heals.

I think that's pretty shallow. While, I do appreciate a guy that's quite a bit taller than me, it's not a deal breaker. I don't wear heels-whatever.

On another note, I would totally go out with Peter Dinklage if he wasn't married and he asked. :heart_eyes:

• Sinistrous
    Options

Flats > Heels.
    -must be weird-
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I've dated 6 guys. 5 of them were unemployed, or became unemployed for REALLY long periods of time while we were dating. All of them have asked to borrow money at least once. I seems to attract men what want a sugar momma. Too bad for them I don't make enough money to be a good sugar momma lol.

I could almost quote most of the posts...but this one hits home. What is with men now, who have no shame in being unemployed, asking a date for cash...craziness.

As for Internet dating, forget it. One guy put he was a non-smoker, first date he is smoking. .I asked him about it, he said no one responded to him when he sstated he was a smoker! Whatever.

I am with someone now, if that ends, I am just happy with my cat, work, and going to the gym.
  • PRMinx
    Options
    wolfsbayne wrote: »
    I guess the only really HORRIBLE date I had was where the guy complained about his life. I mean, EVERYTHING sucked for him. He asked me out again and I told him I just wasn't interested. I didn't need that kind of negativity. Of course, that was about 5 or 6 years ago.

Negativity is such a big turnoff.
  • Sinistrous
    Options
    ascrit wrote: »

Great question to ask. I'm assuming HE may be assuming due to them asking about his height and quite possibly halting conversation soon thereafter.

Just a guess, though. Still, great question.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is shorter than me. Doesn't bother me a bit. I don't have to wear heels which ROCKS.
  • Markdjones83
    Options
    ascrit wrote: »

I've talked to women and many say it is a big factor. I do get some responses, but if you look at 95% of women's criteria on what they are "looking" for. It's 5'8 and above, usually 5'10 and above. Even for the 5'3 and shorter chicks!

And many of them specifically in their profiles state must be tall. I have confidence though so I'm not super worried about it!