Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• aeshippers
    aeshippers Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    On the downside, someone else mentioned that you can't drink as much! So, I've had to pretty much eliminate alcohol so I don't have to suffer the next day.

This - I had put it down to age but maybe it's weight related too.

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    bump
  • keezo1
    keezo1 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    epratt1000 wrote: »
    SW: 260
    CW: 187
    Goal: 165

I've always been heavy. Anywhere from 70-100 pounds overweight. So as everyone (who is heavy) knows plane flights are not something to look forward to. I didn't need to buy a second seat or use a seat belt extender but the flight was uncomfortable.
    I didn't realize when I was heavier that I would always put the things that I wanted acces to during the flight in the seat back pocket in front of me. Things like my phone, computer, reading material and even snacks.
    Last month I took a flight and immediately knew that I had extra room in the seat. I wasn't encroaching into the seat next to me. That was obvious. But what wasn't obvious was that I didn't pull the things that I may have wanted during the flight from my back pack beforehand. I had put my backpack on the ground under the seat in front of me. If I needed something I just bent over and reached down. Before I would've had to try and grab my back pack with my feet and do a weird sideways reach all the while I'm huffing and puffing and maybe even breaking a sweat from a self imposed embarrassment. Oh and in addition, what wasn't included in the things that I would take on a flight were snacks. I can go for a few hours on a flight without having to snack on something.
    What a great feeling that is.

I know too well that desperate fight to get my purse from under the seat using my legs. I know my next flight will be my most pleasant after losing 30 lbs.
  • smantha32
    Options
    bump
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
  • smantha32
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!