Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• JessicaOnKeto
    JessicaOnKeto Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the inspiring Results!
    Although I'm only down 25 of about 125 I want to lose, I'm looking forward to most of these things!
  • mausbop
    mausbop Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    please keep posting ! ^^
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I'm only 17lbs down but my belly jiggles more at the gym! I figure it's the fat "loosening up" inside my skin. Oy I hope the skin snaps back!
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Was able to run 3 miles 3 times this week. Personal best! Couch to 5k totally works!
  • tammyjoymccrea
    tammyjoymccrea Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm a mere ten lb down, ten to go. BUT... running has gotten easier since I'm lighter on my feet. In addition to cleaning up my food intake, I've given up onions, garlic, brussels, broccoli, most meat, cream in my coffee, most bread. No more problems with digestion and puffiness. Great thread... kudos to all!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    jennlaw89 wrote: »
    Also... I feel taller which is weird.. And I feel like the arch in my feet is bigger which also probably seems weird haha..

It's funny you say that, as I lost weight, I had a lot of people tell me I looked taller. My dad swore I grew. I don't think so at 40, but I guess I did look taller. I got a lot of "I never realized how tall you were"

• intelligirl
    intelligirl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Now that my stomach isn't in the way, I can fold (almost) in half to do the blow-dry-my-hair-upside-down-because-I-can't-use-a-round-brush-to-get-volume-thing. Before, I would be at an almost 90 degree angle with one hand on the counter for support. Now I can just fold over and bam! Cute hair!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I just noticed that my shoulders seem smaller. It's like there's nothing there, my arm just goes straight down! Wha?
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    So I have a weird one. I woke up this morning and looked in the mirror and was like "omg, why am I so bloated?" Then I relieved myself and looked in the mirror again and realized that I wasn't bloated, I was just seeing that my bladder was full. It's really strange to be able to see that stuff now.

Also, when I was washing up in the shower, I'm noticing parts of my body are a lot less squishy, like my shoulders and my thighs.

I've never been this thin before, so it's all new to me.
  • 40andFindingFitness
    40andFindingFitness Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    bwmalone wrote: »
    Newest ones for me ...

I remember now WHY kids run and play so often - because it's FUN and feels good! Yesterday, I was pushing a cart full of stuff from the store back to my car, and had a sudden urge to RUN while pushing the cart... So I did. It just felt fantastic that I CAN, and it didn't HURT, and when I got to the car, though I felt maybe a little silly to be a 40something year old man running across the Costco parking lot with a grocery cart full of stuff, I was grinning from ear to ear... Three months ago, If that thought had crossed my mind, it would have quickly been followed with "Better not.. my knee will hurt, I'll be sweaty and out of breath and I'll feel horrible for the rest of the day."

I just feel *better*.
    Every day tasks are easier.
    I have more focus.
    I wake up feeling more refreshed.
    I fall asleep easier.
    I am happier.

LOL I love this post. Sometimes I feel like running too. I'm still in an area where my body is like, "Seriously!? You're RUNNING!?!?!" but I feel like doing it out of nowhere it is fun.
  • kirstinlee
    kirstinlee Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Ryudori wrote: »
    I Feel like I'm constantly either cooking/eating/doing dishes. Also its amazing how much you can eat for 400-500 calories when you're eating clean.

Was just thinking about this this morning lol! It's amazing how much time healthy eating can take up when you're used to either microwaving dinner or getting take out. I used to think people who bragged about meal prepping in advance were just overzealous nutters... Not anymore!
  • jennbo83
    jennbo83 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have way more energy. I have noticed my increased energy for a little while now but this weekend I went on a couple hikes with my boyfriend. I would pause to take a picture of something or drink some water and instead of asking him to stop for a minute so I could catch up I would just jog down the path to catch up and not be out of breath! It was awesome!
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    kirstinlee wrote: »
    Ryudori wrote: »
    I Feel like I'm constantly either cooking/eating/doing dishes. Also its amazing how much you can eat for 400-500 calories when you're eating clean.

Was just thinking about this this morning lol! It's amazing how much time healthy eating can take up when you're used to either microwaving dinner or getting take out. I used to think people who bragged about meal prepping in advance were just overzealous nutters... Not anymore!

I never saw it as a bragging thing, but always thought....wow....how dedicated do you have to be to do THAT?? It seemed insane. When I was really young, I could eat anything at any time and no biggie, then as time went on and work, commute, life.....not so much of that anymore. Then, about the same time I started lifting (well, started boxing first, technically) I utilized a trainer who started me on a meal plan. It was then I started to realize that if I wanted to make this work... MEAL PREP was not negotiable. I've done it enough now that I can actually go on trips and know how to make it work for me. This whole realization was H U G E. Also, eating healthy, get full faster. Eating fast food....not so much.
  • wildkat28
    wildkat28 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started my work out with my too-snug-glad-I-am-working-out-at-home-so-no-one-sees yoga pants and two weeks into the program I need to hold them up while I excercise, and keep putting my boobs back into thw bra... I love it... but I can't buy a new pair or yoga pants and a new bra every 2 weeks! Oiy Vay!
  • besdais
    besdais Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have been doing MFP religiously for 2.5 months and walking 5-8 miles on average per day with my fitbit. Still have about 20 pounds to lose, but have lost over 20. I have been lurking on this thread for awhile, but today had to share a couple things that have recently happened:
    *Today I had to go in to have blood drawn to check my thyroid. The woman who does the bloodwork (who I've known for years) called me "skinny."
    * I reached around to scratch the back of my thigh, and I guess I was flexing it. When I scratched, I had to stop and freak out, because under that skin was actually muscle! I have no idea when the last time was I felt muscle.
    *While walking by the mirror, I noticed my calves have some definition to them.
    *My 3 year old granddaughter was sitting on my lap leaning against me, and complained because my collar bone was poking her head!
    *I started at a size 16 and yesterday wore a size 12 capris.

This really works!
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have a new one that I noticed this week. My shirts and tops hang off of my boobs rather than belly because my belly is flattening out enough to not stick out past my chest when I stand up!
  • WranglerMichelle
    WranglerMichelle Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Getting sunburned more easily since I'm feeling confident enough to leave the house in tank tops and shorts and such! Gonna be using lots of sunscreen this summer, I think.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!