Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    AngeBee18 wrote: »
    My wardrobe is totally different now too. It also used to be all blacks and charcoals so I could stay invisible. I never felt I could pull off patterns or bright colours because I felt it emphasised my size. Now it's all well fitted clothes with patterns and colours and things that make me feel great! I love being able to look in my wardrobe in the morning and have a choice of things that I love wearing (as long as I have kept up with the washing!) My bank account is less pleased, however...

Glad that I am not alone!! :) My bank account agree more with you as well! haha! Some days I still wear all black, but you better believe either my shirt or pants has a fun pattern. That's right patterned pants!! I avoided them at all costs before and would envy all the girls that looked so cute in them. I am proud to say that I am now one of those girls! :)
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Much easier to get in and out of my car now! Can do it in one motion instead of grabbing the roof to pull myself up.

Also saving so much money from not eating take out at work or stopping at the gas station for snacks B) Now I have wiggle room in my bank account to spend on fitness gear I want. Sounds like a good trade off to me.
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Who knew I would actually develop a bit of coordination, and that I would dance anywhere, in front of anyone, and not be self-conscious. (And that even if they noticed that I'm never on the beat, and think I dance weird, well you know what? I don't care haha!)
  • dindon68
    dindon68 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My hair is so much thicker and glossier
  • jennlaw89
    jennlaw89 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    :D Bones bones everwhere!! I cant stop touching myself because I just cant believe that they're there.... and it just keeps getting worse and worse as new bones appear outta nowhere! Who knew
  • penelopepittstopsmam
    penelopepittstopsmam Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Improved sense of well being, increased patience with others and a desire to remain positive even when stressed to the nines.

may and june are traditionally difficult months and im coping better than usual despite a medical problem hanging over me.

• EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    As with towels, shoulder wraps/scarves wrap differently.

Also - and this seems a little weird - what happened to my butt? It used to be there, whenever I smoothed my skirt. It's not where I keep reaching to!!!
  • Fit4aLatte
    Fit4aLatte Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    cantumelia wrote: »
    It really sucks when someone comes up and says "you´ve lost a lot of weight. What´s your secret?. Come on, tell me". As if there where some miracle pill or something you can just swallow and become thin. When I answer "honestly, there´s no secret, only exercising, eating less and enduring the hunger"...(oh, the hunger) they look at me as if I were deliberatedly hiding some secret formula to myself. That sucks. It´s as if they can´t believe it´s all about my own strenght of character and resolution to be thin that made me loose the weight.

Yes! This makes me so uncomfortable, I would rather they not acknowledge that I lost weight at all than act like it's just some secret I'm keeping from them.

• EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I blame my roommate. I am actually starting to enjoy healthy foods (crisp bell pepper strips! fresh berries!) and have started to think about making homemade minestrone. (See, "cold" above and a desire for hot soup. Especially since the San Francisco Bay Area may not be getting any rain, but it's not getting any warmer, and as we all know the (apocryphal!) "Coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco".)
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Not only would my feet and legs be able to handle my weight in heels, but I would actually like wearing them! They are so much more comfortable now that I am thinner. Granted they may not be the 6-inch heels that other women are wearing in the office, but you better believe I feel beyond sassy in these 2-inch heels!

OMG This! I used to have to wear hideous old lady flats or gym shoes all the time because of a combination of my weight and weird foot issues that require orthotics. Now I am rocking moderate heels at work most days - and I have multiple pairs! orthotics are just for running now. Lovin it :D
  • aliciasilfies
    Options
    I blame my roommate. I am actually starting to enjoy healthy foods (crisp bell pepper strips! fresh berries!) and have started to think about making homemade minestrone. (See, "cold" above and a desire for hot soup. Especially since the San Francisco Bay Area may not be getting any rain, but it's not getting any warmer, and as we all know the (apocryphal!) "Coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco".)

Yes! I'm just moved to San Mateo in October and I have been making so many more soups, chilis, and other crockpot meals now than I did in all of my past horrid Philadelphia winters! When I moved I thought it was all sunshine and 70 degree weather. Boy was I wrong!
  • aliciasilfies
    Options
    AngeBee18 wrote: »
    Not only would my feet and legs be able to handle my weight in heels, but I would actually like wearing them! They are so much more comfortable now that I am thinner. Granted they may not be the 6-inch heels that other women are wearing in the office, but you better believe I feel beyond sassy in these 2-inch heels!

OMG This! I used to have to wear hideous old lady flats or gym shoes all the time because of a combination of my weight and weird foot issues that require orthotics. Now I am rocking moderate heels at work most days - and I have multiple pairs! orthotics are just for running now. Lovin it :D

Yay!! I was the same! All of my flats had memory foam in them or within any decent amount of walking, I would be complaining of foot pain. I was definitely the girl wearing sneakers and dresses to the office. Not cute at all! I do still have insoles in my running sneakers, but better safe than sorry!
  • jecky74
    jecky74 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jerogers4s
    jerogers4s Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I never expected others to pick up on my new healthy habits. I share an office with 5 other ladies. I never forced my habits on anyone, but it was quite surprising when one decided they wanted to make a life style change bc she said I motivated her.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    sarahlifts wrote: »
    I had more friends when I was obese. feeling lonely.

I hear ya.
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    The :'(
    4leighbee wrote: »
    This is beautiful - what a happy way to start my day! You all totally rock!

I've noticed that I feel happy again. What's even better is, others have said that I look and seem happy. Hmm, I must of looked like sh$$ before, lol. Seriously, I feel so much better.
  • miyukiasakura
    miyukiasakura Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    the PCOS was improved xD no more acnes, brighter skin and no more insomnia :X, say goodbye with fastfood and coke (i cant rmb my last hamburger and coke xD)
    but i had trouble with hypotension zzz
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I love how much easier it is to squeeze into subway seats (between two larger people), when before I just wouldn't sit down.
  • DaveAkeman
    DaveAkeman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    mrsfitzyv8 wrote: »
    sarahlifts wrote: »
    I had more friends when I was obese. feeling lonely.

I hear ya.

I don't get this one. Why?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!