Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    fmpro wrote: »
    My ring size has dropped 2 sizes since losing 124 pounds.
    I had to get something to put on my ring from Wal-Mart to prevent them from flying off. They used to be tight. When I'm done losing weight I'll have them sized again
  • jennlaw89
    jennlaw89 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    When I go to the bank and see my picture in their little camera screens I usually cringe.. But today I was like.. No double chin?! I liked my own reflection in the crazy little screen lol
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    More stamina, even on an empty stomach
  • scaryan
    scaryan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I keep thinking that I've forgotten to input foods because I think I must have eaten more than that... Is that weird? :D
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    scaryan wrote: »
    I keep thinking that I've forgotten to input foods because I think I must have eaten more than that... Is that weird? :D

I don't think that's weird - I've double checked my entries too.

• Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I have skinny elbows now! I mean....who has fat elbows?! Apparently I did :lol:
  • AlisonKTrader
    AlisonKTrader Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    The shock of having a clothing item look super cute when you try it on "just for fun" thinking it'll look terrible.
  • kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I went to kohls today and smaller sizes have so many more options in clearance
  • heathermclellen956
    heathermclellen956 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just starting my journey, reading all these responses is giving me so much motivation!! Great job to all of you!
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    The shock of having a clothing item look super cute when you try it on "just for fun" thinking it'll look terrible.

So much this!
  • d0kevil
    d0kevil Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm still working on my goal, but a few unexpected milestones I've enjoyed reaching have been: the point where I could go for a walk in a skirt again without some type of bike short underneath. Speaking of shorts, being able to wear a mid thigh length pair with looser legs, without having them crawl up the inside thigh every few steps has been nice too. I loved the story about the rings. I can't shake my hands vigorously or my wedding rings will fly off. I don't want to resize them yet as I am still working on my goal. Thanks for the tip from the person who bought a smaller ring to keep the larger ones from sliding off, I'll have to try that. Shoes! My shoes are now comfortable enough to stand in for long periods of time (maybe not the heels). My jobs usually involve standing and light walking in a work shop environment, and I could not walk by the end of the day at my heavier weight. Now I can go dancing in the evening! Being able to zip up boots OVER my jeans has been a fun change for my winter look. Balance: I didn't realize what carrying all that extra weight was doing to my balance, I just accepted being clumsy and uncoordinated. Then one day I realized I was now able to dress entirely while standing! Finally, there is the reactions from others. Even though physically I was bigger, I feel like now I am more noticeable. As a natural introvert I have had to train myself to be more outgoing, but often I don't need to initiate now, people introduce themselves to me. It's always fun when I bump into someone I haven't seen in a few years and they are very much taken by surprise by the change. I've even had acquaintances that didn't recognize me.
    Thanks for starting this topic, it is great to read what I can expect as I get closer to meeting my goal!
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I'm a coffee lover (addict). But since I've been exercising and eating right my energy is so much better. I don't need coffee as a pick me up any more. I drink it solely for the taste now not the boost.
  • DaveAkeman
    DaveAkeman Posts: 296 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Took me several days to read through this entire thread. It's great! I'm about 54 pounds down, with something like that left to go. Here's what I've noticed:

The good:

- I have started tucking in my shirts. The day I started doing this is the day my co-workers started noticing. They used to not stay tucked in, so I didn't bother trying. Now it feels weird if they are NOT tucked in.

- I need a new belt very badly, but for my own gratification, I am not buying one. My belt now wraps around almost to my hip pocket (extra belt loops keep it in place), and every couple weeks I take a knife and screwdriver and poke a new hole in the leather. I love doing this.

- I may not be a clothes LOVER, but it is really cool to actually be able to buy them. When I was wearing a 3X (sometimes 4X) shirt, it was hard to find them. I had to buy whatever style I could find, at whatever store or price it was available. Now that I'm down to a 2X, and flirting with XL, I can walk into any store, look at any rack, and find my size. It's a very strange feeling.

- I can sit on the ground now! I do a lot of volunteer work with kids, and whenever the kids sit on the ground, I usually stand. Last week I had just finished a run, and the kids sat on the ground. I decided to try it, and . . . it worked!!! I could only do it for about 10 minutes, but that's about 9 1/2 minutes longer than ever before!

The bad:

- Cold - yup, definitely. I noticed this about 25 pounds ago. On the plus side, my clothes are now loose enough that I can actually wear layers to compensate.

- Sore tailbone. This is crazy, and something I never expected! I sit at a desk most of the day at work, and I just can't do it anymore. At first I had to get up every so often because of sore muscles that hadn't exercised in a long time. Now the sore muscles are gone, but the sore tailbone is CRAZY! Why don't skinny people complain about this more???

What I am looking forward to:

- I have a very short inseam. I buy 29" or 30" pants and have to hem several inches off. (Nobody seems to sell them shorter than 29" . . . if they do, it's a specialty shop or something) I read above that some people say their inseam seems to get longer. If this happens, I'll LOVE being able to wear pants off the rack, unaltered! So, as a result, this morning I put on a pair of 29" long jeans that have not yet been altered, and . . . they may work. The jury is still out, but there may be something here. The legs are still a little too long, but maybe not as long as they used to be. The alteration shop may not like this, but I sure will!!!!!
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I AM SO COLD!!!

On the other hand in he summer, I am able to tolerate the heat a whole lot easier.

Now that I have more energy, I often don't need my afternoon nap. I MISS MY AFTERNOON NAP!!!!!!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    andympanda wrote: »
    I AM SO COLD!!!

On the other hand in he summer, I am able to tolerate the heat a whole lot easier.

Now that I have more energy, I often don't need my afternoon nap. I MISS MY AFTERNOON NAP!!!!!!

I work nights, so every afternoon is nap time. :naughty:
  • Jesslan_Rose
    Jesslan_Rose Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Now that I can wear new styles of shirts I also have to have new styles of bras to pull them off! Kind of annoying because bra's are so expensive. >:) Plus, trying to figure out what style bra is needed to make it work is a real pain when you have no clue.
  • RuthyLOL
    RuthyLOL Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    fmpro wrote: »
    My ring size has dropped 2 sizes since losing 124 pounds.

Wow! Congratulations on your weigh lost! I only lost 15 lbs so far but my ring fits better. I thought I was just imagining it
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I've done this a few times too!
    MidwaysT wrote: »
    Yes, I hadn't really thought about it before, but this is very true.
  • rayw89
    Options
  • rayw89
    Options
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!