Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    My thigh tattoo seems to have moved down towards my knee! It's really weird!
  • blossom015
    blossom015 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    My armpits are actual pits and not just a flat area. Shaving got harder..lol

Lol Me too! I was like, jeez, is this really supposed to be this difficult???

Same here. I literally cannot successfully shave my arm pits in the shower anymore. I guess people who were always thin figured it out so I will too.

I'm just starting my journey, and the armpit thing is, weirdly, something I think about EVERY time I shave. I have for years. I don't know why I have this weird obsession with having "thin girl" armpits, but I can't wait for that to happen to me!

and I thought it was just me...LOL. I feel so much better. :D
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    blossom015 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    My armpits are actual pits and not just a flat area. Shaving got harder..lol

Lol Me too! I was like, jeez, is this really supposed to be this difficult???

Same here. I literally cannot successfully shave my arm pits in the shower anymore. I guess people who were always thin figured it out so I will too.

I'm just starting my journey, and the armpit thing is, weirdly, something I think about EVERY time I shave. I have for years. I don't know why I have this weird obsession with having "thin girl" armpits, but I can't wait for that to happen to me!

and I thought it was just me...LOL. I feel so much better. :D

Me three! I can't wait for this to happen
  • ai071408
    ai071408 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The thing that was actually most noticeable to me was being able to see me collarbones for the first time in years. I'm able to wear more snug-fitting shirts because my back rolls are gone. And people stopped mistaking me for much younger than I am once my face slimmed down.
  • DaveAkeman
    DaveAkeman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    ScrAgnX wrote: »
    I used to be able to slide a clothes hanger in through the neck of a shirt without unbuttoning the top button. Now it takes longer to hang my shirts.

To put a positive spin on this one . . . the clothes will now stay on the hangers better, too!!!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Shin bones! I have beautiful shin bones!
  • Ms_LisaKay
    Ms_LisaKay Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This is more the lifting than the weight loss probably, but I can see weird muscles now. Last week I saw my tibialis anterior (front shin muscles) and it freaked me out. This morning I was brushing my hair, and saw my trap pop up. I flexed around in the mirror a bit just to make sure I was really seeing that. Still working to burn off fat over other muscles, but seeing some weird ones unexpectedly was a real boost.
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    The hair on my head won't grow back, but my stomach and chest are a heck of a lot fuzzier now. Ack! Not sure I like this change.
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Guess for me it was the change in my attitude. Much more positive outlook, a lot more open to things, smile more, joke around a lot. Genuinely happier. Waking up and looking in the mirror is another thing that's great although I want to build more muscle but I've made solid progress so far!
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    The hair on my head won't grow back, but my stomach and chest are a heck of a lot fuzzier now. Ack! Not sure I like this change.

Maybe it's the same amount of hair spread over a smaller surface area? In which case, take it as a win, and if it bothers you too much, treat yourself to a wax ;)
  • praksindiafit
    praksindiafit Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Awesome responses..these are such good reads. .n funny too... but overall great inspiration. o:)
  • mom2my4boys
    mom2my4boys Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    When on long drives, the seatbelt hurts my collarbone!
  • wilsonctenney
    wilsonctenney Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I get drunk quickly, and my d**k thinks I'm 15 again as well as it looking bigger.
  • RuthyLOL
    RuthyLOL Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I no longer unbutton my jeans when I am driving. Only lost 18 lbs so far. Still about a 120 lbs to go. But that little victory makes me very, very happy! ☺️
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    RuthyLOL wrote: »
    I no longer unbutton my jeans when I am driving. Only lost 18 lbs so far. Still about a 120 lbs to go. But that little victory makes me very, very happy! ☺️

This awesome. I've only lost about 10lbs of my 70-90 goal but ive noticed my work uniform isnt as tight as it was getting. Small victories are very motivating! Congrats! :smiley:

• evivahealth
    evivahealth Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I've reached the point where tucking my shirts in looks better than leaving then out.

Oooo I am almost there! Almost. Still a little self-conscious. Can't wait for this one :)
  • brcossette
    brcossette Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm on board with the clothes thing, it's funny how sickly i look wearing my old oversized clothes. The most unexpected is how it's helped me emotionally, spiritually and mentally
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'm not invisible anymore. I went out the other night and people made eye contact with me and several strangers started conversations with me...
  • DaveAkeman
    DaveAkeman Posts: 296 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I've got several shirts with my company logo. Not uniforms, really, and I don't HAVE TO wear them at work, but I do wear one about half the time - they're nice shirts. A few days ago, my boss handed me a box. He said he's noticed that one of my company shirts was starting to get frayed a bit (he's right - it's a couple years old), so he ordered me three new ones. That was nice! But he ordered the same size that had been ordered three years, 60 pounds, and at least 2 sizes ago. What could I do? I politely accepted, and have been wearing them, although they are really big. Eventually, I'm going to have to ask for some that fit.

The funny thing is that he has commented on my weight loss, and I've talked to him about it a lot. Still, I suppose it may have been awkward for him to ask me my new size, and assuming too big is always better than assuming too small (something living my life as a fat person has taught me!)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!