Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• KevannC
    KevannC Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Today I noticed it's harder to shave my jawline now after being 95lbs down now it's more defined and harder to shave around hahah
  • hmm33502
    hmm33502 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My shoes are too big!?!? I have lost 80 lbs and now have smaller feet. I thought they were thinish before, but I guess not.
    I am also at the "no woman's land" of fashion where I am too small for plus and incorrectly shaped for regular sizing.
  • stormyview
    stormyview Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've been overcoming my traumatic home ec class memories and learning how to sew a bit. I've been taking clothes in, and it's expensive to take them to a tailor!
  • evivahealth
    evivahealth Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    The bony butt thing happened to me for the first time on the weekend :) And to be honest there's still a fair bit of padding back there so I don't think I want to know what sitting will be like at goal weight :-/
  • cmcdonald525
    cmcdonald525 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    This is kind of a strange one, but my husband (who is one of those skinny people that can't seem to ever gain weight) feels so much more substantial when I hug him. I realize it's because there is less of me, but it was an interesting realization!
  • princessquitealot
    princessquitealot Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I noticed odd lumps in my chest...
    turns out it was my ribs. This scared the crap out of me until I realized what was going on.
    Keep up the hard work!
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I noticed odd lumps in my chest...
    turns out it was my ribs. This scared the crap out of me until I realized what was going on.
    Keep up the hard work!

That's funny! :D
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    This is kind of a strange one, but my husband (who is one of those skinny people that can't seem to ever gain weight) feels so much more substantial when I hug him. I realize it's because there is less of me, but it was an interesting realization!

Aww!
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    rcontr7 wrote: »
    Just being able to move so much more easily! I feel like I'm gliding along now instead of stomping around like Godzilla. My jeans don't make noise when I walk anymore because my thighs don't touch as much. They also aren't getting worn in the thigh area - no more ruined jeans for me!!

The other thing is I guess I just expected to be a miserable fat person one day and then that same person until I arrived at my goal weight, but the actual small changes in between are so exciting and just knowing that I'm getting healthier has made me so happy and proud of myself. It's so much easier to be overweight and know you're doing something to fix it than to know you're just accepting it all as it is.

Great observations, esp your second paragraph.

• DaveAkeman
    DaveAkeman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    rcontr7 wrote: »
    The other thing is I guess I just expected to be a miserable fat person one day and then that same person until I arrived at my goal weight, but the actual small changes in between are so exciting and just knowing that I'm getting healthier has made me so happy and proud of myself.

Excellent observation! The same thing has happened to me, but I hadn't even noticed it. I HAD expected to go from fat one day to not fat the next, when I arrived at my goal weight. But with 60 pounds down and about 40 to go, I find that I no longer relate to the big guy I used to be. It's a process.
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    rcontr7 it is a weird thing, sometimes I feel fat or see myself in a mirror and think I don't look too good, other times I think, wow, I feel or look so much smaller. It's a slow process. I know the lbs are slowly coming off, so glad this is working for so many of us.
    The thing I realize is that while I am down 25 lbs since Jan 4th I am much more in shape from the excercising. I feel so much better, have more energy, want to do more, want to accomplish more in my day. Even though we aren't exactly where we want to be, we can enjoy the process, be in control of ourselves and have fun learning new things. today I worked for several hours in the flower beds. Usually I feel like I was hit by a truck being on my knees and pulling and yanking weeds, especially the next day. So far, I feel pretty good, I'm sore, but a good kind of sore.
    I can also tell my face is getting thinner.
  • c78gregory
    c78gregory Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I remember freaking out wondering what the solid lumps were in my side, they were my hip bones!
  • jennlaw89
    jennlaw89 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I spend a lot of my free time searching for local 5ks now!! 4 months ago I would have laughed in someone's face if they suggested such a thing to me.. Also my shirts seem way longer but I'm guessing that's because they're not bunching up at my hips anymore so they hang lower? Just for laughs, and this is totally awkward, but I was jogging yesterday and my underwear fell down inside my pants!!!
  • tripydevo
    tripydevo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This thread is awesome.

I never realized how much strength training would help my job. (HD mechanic)
    My hands weird me out sometimes from being so thin.
    I also never realized how much larger the male genatalia looks with 50lbs less fat.

• lalabrucey
    lalabrucey Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Only about 30% toward goal but I don't have to hold my breath doing up my sneakers anymore.

I am having a rough day today so reading all of these is making me hang in there and look forward to tomorrow

Thank you
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    a little paradox I realized lately - because being more active and generally taking more care of myself I've been to the doctors so much more often. That was totally unexpected :smile:
  • subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Nowhere near done, but I noticed the other day that I can climb 3 flights of stairs at the office and not have to go hide until I catch my breath for fear someone might try to talk to me.
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I can wear heels again! I have weird feet that means I usually need to wear orthotics all the time, Which meant flat old-lady shoes or gym shoes. But 37kg of weight off my feet means that I can now handle a moderate heel without orthotics. Which is AWESOME but also bad because now I can spend money on cute shoes as well as cute clothes! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!