Options

Replies

• slinke2014
    slinke2014 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    dindon68 wrote: »
    My hair is so much thicker and glossier
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Good: No more chafing legs. Bad: Loose skin.

For my rings I bought this stuff from a jeweler online, it's kind of like thinner rubber cement in a tiny applicator tube. You clean the ring with alcohol then apply it in a layer on the inside of the ring, wait at least 24 hours, then wear the ring. Lasts a long time, works great, now I don't have to try and come up with money to get my wedding ring resized!

What is it called? My rings are all falling off!

I just go to my jeweler and they put a little sizer on my engagement and wedding ring for 10 bucks a piece. Its been working perfectly. If you take your rings on and off a lot, that rubber cement stuff tends to peel off pretty quickly. I take my rings off to lotion, shower and at night when I sleep so the sizer from the jeweler works better for me.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    ScrAgnX wrote: »
    A regulator at work that I had quite a bit of interaction with a few years back heard my voice around a corner and popped his head around a corner saying "I hear someone I haven't seen in a while." He looked at me and apologized for interrupting my conversation saying he thought I was someone else.

I asked him who he thought I was (because I hadn't seen him in a year, and 135lbs.). He cocked his head, studied my face, and inquiringly said my name. I confirmed that it was me, and we discussed my loss for a little bit.

I wouldn't have thought that I would lose enough to be unrecognizable.

Wow! That's fun!
  • G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Unexpected result : I can now give blood with 0 symptoms. Before weightloss, I tended to have some dizziness and they sometimes wouldn't let me get up for up to 30-40 minutes after.
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I tried on UK size 10 dress, it fitted, I bought the size 12 - my brain isn't ready!!
    A few days later I did buy a size 10 top though!!
  • silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    AlphaCajun wrote: »
    Increased animal magnetism. When I go hunting, small woodland creatures stick to me.

That's the best response I've seen!
  • aft85
    aft85 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Vodka97 wrote: »
    From the second you start losing weight, and you look in the mirror suddenly you don't feel as huge as you were, even if you're just 1kg down

you know, that's oddly true, and i haven't even weighed myself (i intend to lose a bit more weight before actually checking.)
  • amandapierce0515
    amandapierce0515 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Unexpected results of weight loss:
    -rings dont fit
    - shoes are getting roomier (had NO idea that would happen)
    - stopped snoring
  • firead
    firead Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Unexpected results of weight loss:
    -rings dont fit
    - shoes are getting roomier (had NO idea that would happen)
    - stopped snoring

This is one I'm looking forward to. I've gone up about a shoe size & a half since gaining around 100 pounds over the past 15 years, and now I am out of the size range for a lot of shoes I like.
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tiffanyfoundit
    tiffanyfoundit Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    The drinking !
    I used to be able to handle my alcohol like a champ!

Now between the fact that I don't drink as often because it's usually a waste of calories and that I'm significantly lighter, it takes a pathetically small amount to get me drunk.
    Oh well, bring on the light and fruity drinks!
  • change4lifenow
    change4lifenow Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This one made me cry. When my husband of 18 years picked me up for the first time. I'll never forget it. : )

I cant wait to experience this as well.
  • BreakthroughThisLifeTime
    Options
    This is an awesome thread! Well so far I've lost 26lbs and these are the things I notice:
    1. I actually feel better standing than sitting all day.
    2. As weird as it may sounds.....I feel my head shrinking..LOL
    3. Seeing my hips grow more curvy...is sexy to me
    4. Trying on some of my old dresses that couldn't fit past my tummy...can fit now..snug..but..now fit.
    5. Now I am walking my weight...instead of my weight walking me. Now my body follow my bones...instead of my bones following my fat...LOL

I hope to have many more to share :-)
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    c_leeee wrote: »
    I can climb into the recliner that my fiancé is sitting in and we can both be comfortable. That's insane to me. 75lbs ago I didn't trust myself alone in a recliner most of the time.

LOL. The same thing happened to my and my daughter this morning. We were sitting in a recliner together and suddenly I realized that we weren't even touching each other. She used to have to site partially on top of me because there wasn't enough room in the chair otherwise. I pointed out how much room we had and she said "How did that happen?" I said, "I lost weight, that's how."
  • SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    having the towel go right around and more to spare..lol
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    more a improved fitness than a weight loss thing. While my husband was working on the Jeep, I was able to hold the light "just there" for longer. Of course I still start twitching before he is done, but i't still improved.
  • change4lifenow
    change4lifenow Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    ScrAgnX wrote: »
    A regulator at work that I had quite a bit of interaction with a few years back heard my voice around a corner and popped his head around a corner saying "I hear someone I haven't seen in a while." He looked at me and apologized for interrupting my conversation saying he thought I was someone else.

I asked him who he thought I was (because I hadn't seen him in a year, and 135lbs.). He cocked his head, studied my face, and inquiringly said my name. I confirmed that it was me, and we discussed my loss for a little bit.

I wouldn't have thought that I would lose enough to be unrecognizable.

Wow! That's fun!

That is so fantastic!! I love it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!