Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    To top it all, I was called a black dolly Parton by a homeless guy whilst volunteering at a soup kitchen the other day. It would be a compliment except it's obvious the only thing we have in common is large breasts. I'm not even half her age, can't sing like her, with no likeness :/ le sigh... It's quite comical really but I just wasn't expecting it so soon I suppose.

People can.be such jerks.
    Bless you for your volunteer work.

[/quote]

People seem to think it's a more polite way of saying, "Wow, you got big boobs!"
    Spoiler alert: it isn't.
  • muziique
    muziique Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Alidecker wrote: »
    Spending more money on cycling and running clothes than work clothes.

I love buying new workout clothes...I have way more of it in my closet than work clothes now.

Same here! These days my first stop in a department store tends to be in the athletic section. I love buying new workout shirts now and putting my fitness outfits together. I never ever did that before. That and buying new sneakers.
  • davidsanchezamezcua
    Options
    I wish i could share my surprise but there are ladies in here. But overall loosing weight is a blessing in desguise. ;)
  • muziique
    muziique Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    KarlaH9801 wrote: »
    Something unexpected for me- my hubby wants to go to the gym with me tonight. We're going to make it a date. I never in a million years EVER expected that we would be having a date like that. And I am all excited, too. Picking out my cutest gym clothes, lol. I think seeing me lose all the weight I have is encouraging him to get healthy, too. I hope so, because I think he would be an awesome workout buddy! <3

Aww!! That's so nice! It's such a plus to be with someone that is supportive and even motivated to join you. Wonderful!
  • isruiz
    isruiz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I no longer have high blood pressure. I no longer hurt all over. Men look at me again. And today a friend at work looked at my name badge and said "you need a new picture taken, that doesn't even look like you anymore." Then later today I squeezed between our two cars in our driveway and my husband stopped to walk around and said "I'm not as skinny as you, I can't do that!" But the best thing was getting my blood tests back today, after 70 pounds of weight loss. Everything is lower than it has ever been (cholesterol, blood sugar, etc) and completely out of the danger zones. It's like medically I'm a much younger person just since April. I know now that I'll live to see my children reach my age, and then grow old. And that's what I think about every time food touches lips - will this help me to be here for them, or rob them of a grandmother for their children?
  • akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    At lunch today, I realized it's been months since I last spilled food on my chest.

I used to ruin several neckties a year from spillage -- haven't spilled a drop (or had to buy a new necktie) since I lost all the weight!

• GemFromJannah
    GemFromJannah Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I lost a shoe size!!

I've gone through weight loss phases. I lost 2stone in 3month last year, then lost motivation to keep going, but kept the weight off. Now two weeks ago I started again and tomorrow is my weigh in day, but it's looking like I've lost 6lb in two weeks. And since last year I've lost s shoe size and now fit into a smaller size.

I guess feet can also lose weight lol
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I lost a shoe size!!

I've gone through weight loss phases. I lost 2stone in 3month last year, then lost motivation to keep going, but kept the weight off. Now two weeks ago I started again and tomorrow is my weigh in day, but it's looking like I've lost 6lb in two weeks. And since last year I've lost s shoe size and now fit into a smaller size.

Of course they can! I went from pudgy swollen looking ankles and normal-ish feet to bony ankles and when I wriggle my toes, I can see all the bones and ligaments working under the skin.

My feet have dropped a shoe size as well. Although I already had a narrow foot, so now it's just even harder to find a women's shoe in a narrow size EU43 :(
  • tasaiar1
    tasaiar1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My glasses stated to fall off my face
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I lost a shoe size!!

Of course they can! I went from pudgy swollen looking ankles and normal-ish feet to bony ankles and when I wriggle my toes, I can see all the bones and ligaments working under the skin.

My feet have dropped a shoe size as well. Although I already had a narrow foot, so now it's just even harder to find a women's shoe in a narrow size EU43 :(

For everyone who is excited about their feet getting smaller... not to be a downer, but dont throw out your old shoes just yet :) I dont think its just me, but when I got pregnant 20 years ago I gained a whole shoe size. When I lost a lot of weight 10 years later, I lost 0.5 shoe size. When I gained more weight back over the following few years, they stayed the same. When I lost a lot of weight again (to my smallest ever), I lost another whole shoe size. Since then, I am still the same weight and basic size, but I started wearing barefoot/minimalist shoes... My feet went back up 0.5 size! I guess from flattening out and elongating some (totally worth it though - 40 years of knee pain gone from the shoes!). Then I started running and oh goodness - up another 0.5 size!

So I have gone from 9, to 10, to 9.5, to 9, to 8.5, to 9.0, to 9.5 and now back to 10! That was the highest shoe size ever and I wore it at my heaviest weight.. I am still the lightest I have ever been!

So I learned my lesson - shoes are expensive, and even though I had to buy all new shoes in the last few months, I just put the old ones in a bag in storage since I dont have any clue what might make them shrink back up again!
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I'm still wearing a size 10 shoe after losing over 125 lbs. Whether I wear a M or W all depends on the shoe, just as before.

My shoes all seem to fit the same as they always did.

I'm 160lbs now, and if nothing has changed in my feet at this point I don't really believe my feet will get either shorter or narrower as I lose this last bit of extra weight. Big clown feet for life for me, I guess, lol. :D

• dan_crompton
    dan_crompton Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Being cold!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I lost over 100 pounds and my shoe size never changed. It would have been nice, my feet are big and it's sometimes hard to find shoes.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'm down over 80 lbs and wear the same shoe size, I guess I lost all my weight in my butt and boobs.

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    After debating for weeks whether or not to go to the store and see if I'd finally made it into sz 14 jeans ( as my 16's are pretty loose, but not so loose that I thought it could warrant a trip and potential frustration in the dressing room,) I decided, why not. I wanted to be into 14's by the end of new years and I am! Then I stopped a baby from being abducted. The most unexpected result of weight loss as I will ever remember/ experience in my life. I hope!
    ( From what I understand, the baby is okay and the men were being looked for in connection to another case...)

Uhhhhhh....wow....that was unexpected!
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    After debating for weeks whether or not to go to the store and see if I'd finally made it into sz 14 jeans ( as my 16's are pretty loose, but not so loose that I thought it could warrant a trip and potential frustration in the dressing room,) I decided, why not. I wanted to be into 14's by the end of new years and I am! Then I stopped a baby from being abducted. The most unexpected result of weight loss as I will ever remember/ experience in my life. I hope!
    ( From what I understand, the baby is okay and the men were being looked for in connection to another case...)

This is certainly a memorable experience! So... you couldn't have stopped them before you lost weight? :o
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!