Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Something I noticed that last few days....and I could be wrong....But i think ive lost fat/padding off the back of my shoulders. The last couple of days when ive gotten ready for work ive noticed my bra strap/undershirt strap will rub against a bone on the back of my right shoulder blade.

Ive only lost 10-15lbs so far.....so I could be wrong and just be tender there from my shoulder workouts....but I reached back and felt the bump/bone. And I've never felt that there before.
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    getitamb wrote: »
    One of the 4 year olds in my class hit my calf muscles and said, "you're eating lots of veggies. You've got muscles. " so influencing others.

That is beyond awesome!
  • cmcdonald525
    cmcdonald525 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    getitamb wrote: »
    One of the 4 year olds in my class hit my calf muscles and said, "you're eating lots of veggies. You've got muscles. " so influencing others.

Aww! My 4 year old loves going to play in my gym's kids center. Every time we leave she asks me, "are you stronger now?" She has started to do exercises and yoga with me too. It's so mind blowing to realize this journey is also teaching my little girls life lessons and healthy habits too!
  • WranglerMichelle
    WranglerMichelle Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    jennlaw89 wrote: »
    I spend a lot of my free time searching for local 5ks now!! 4 months ago I would have laughed in someone's face if they suggested such a thing to me.. Also my shirts seem way longer but I'm guessing that's because they're not bunching up at my hips anymore so they hang lower? Just for laughs, and this is totally awkward, but I was jogging yesterday and my underwear fell down inside my pants!!!

All of this, even the underwear bit, haha! Glad I'm not the only one.
  • jatdh1753
    jatdh1753 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Apparently even my earlobes are slimming down? Down 43 lbs now with many still to go, but at my heaviest I would wear post earrings, and if I pushed the backing all the way on to where it would click, my piercings would literally be bleeding from the pressure after wearing the earrings all day. That doesn't seem to be happening anymore.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I have the bony knees too! And hip bones...
  • DaveAkeman
    DaveAkeman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Someone just commented on my belt buckle! I've worn this one for a long time, but between baggy shirts and baggy body parts, it hasn't really been visible. 60+ pounds down, and now people can actually see my belt buckle . . . and I'm not self-conscious about it.
  • micheledavison39
    micheledavison39 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    After 30 lbs lost (1/3rd of the way there):
    - I can wear my 16in necklaces again without the extenders and the 18s are really long!
    - I had to move my seat up in my car and now I want a booster so I can see over the wheel
    - A friend asked me last night if I was riding the horse I was holding. I am about 30 lbs too heavy for him still so I said "no, one of my kiddos is riding him." She was so upset that she thought that I thought she was commenting that I was too heavy for him, I was flattered that she thought I was skinny enough to ride him!!
    - No more chasing bras straps down my arms they are staying put on my shoulders now
    - My nails & hair grow like crazy
    - Restaurant food tastes awful, too salty and bland
  • lalabrucey
    lalabrucey Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    lieajane wrote: »
    Not trying to be Debbie Downer but I'm shocked at the jealousy. I'm 47 and so far lost 30 lbs but I'm no where near my goal. My health is my main focus cause i want to get off bp meds. But I've received several negative comments. I'm proud of the hard work and dedication but I by no means flaunt it. Otherwise I'm really happy that my bp has gone down 10 points.

This too. People making "eww" noises at heathly food choices, getting annoyed at you going to the gym late at night, pulling faces at the exercise routine they just asked you to tell them about, and saying your choices are wrong, you're wrong - what you're doing isn't benefitting you, you must be starving yourself.

and the kicker? The "it's not fair" and "oh you make me sick" comments when you DO flaunt your new figure. It IS fair and damn right I flaunt it. I worked hard, made sacrifices and paid a lot of money for it. Try and stop me showing off!!!

Totes!!
  • thuautumn
    thuautumn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Very exciting stuff! I've only just started - so much to look forward to! Thanks for sharing everyone!
  • giannigreco83
    giannigreco83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DaveAkeman
    DaveAkeman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Last night I had to sit in an old theater seat. You know the kind . . . those narrow, wooden, fold-down things that were made for skinny pre-schoolers. The ones you have to tuck yourself into, then pry yourself out of.

I was dreading it, but when I sat down, I marveled that this is the biggest old theater seat I've ever been in. Even though it was from the '70s, it did not seem to be designed for just skinny people, because I actually fit. I was even able to give one of the arms to the guy next to me.

This morning, I am STILL wondering if it was from my loss, or if that old '70s style theater seat was really the biggest one ever made . . .
  • godsrose
    godsrose Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I still have a long ways to go but the weight I have lost has made a difference. Saturday I cleaned my whole house without stopping. When I finished cleaning my legs or my whole body didn't hurt. Before I would have to stop and take breaks most days I wouldn't even finish because I hurt all over. I was happy to wake up Sunday and was still able to walk.

Yesterday I had to buy a new shirt to go on a field trip with my son today. It was nice to shop for a smaller size. That made me feel good and push me to continue on my journey.
  • ashmarie1083
    ashmarie1083 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm down 27 lbs now, and still have a long way to go. One thing I've noticed for the past couple months is that I'm cold a lot. I'll be at work and I'm the only one complaining that I'm freezing when others are in t-shirts.
  • infomancer
    infomancer Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    After losing 36 lbs on a 5'1" frame, my tolerance for alcohol went from 'low' to 'laughable'. I can't have a second glass of wine in public any more, even with a full meal.

And if I hadn't deliberately gone out to replenish my supply of office-wear that actually fit, I'd be more embarrassed by the number of things I bought last night thinking "I really like the way my legs look in that".
  • JaimusWilliams
    JaimusWilliams Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Getting to ride on Roller Coasters again!!! My chest was to big before and I couldn't fit in the normal seats. I had to wait in another line to sit in the "more roomy" seat. No longer being embarrassed!
  • LinzNicholeV
    LinzNicholeV Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Getting to ride on Roller Coasters again!!! My chest was to big before and I couldn't fit in the normal seats. I had to wait in another line to sit in the "more roomy" seat. No longer being embarrassed!

I can't wait to experience this. The last time I tried (about 10 years ago) I was too big for the bars to lock over my chest and stomach and I had to experience the embarrassment of being told I couldn't ride it. I've still got a long way to go, but once I get close to my goal weight I'm going back to an amusement park to ride the roller coasters!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My kids and hubby always do go-cart riding. I have never done it but I told them I would try it this summer when I get down to 200. My kids keep reminding me of my promise.
  • FloraJL
    FloraJL Posts: 121 Member
    Options

This is one of my motivators for getting more fit! I'm taking my son to Disney in January and want to be able to get on all the rides with him!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!