Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I had to take a necklace to be shortened yesterday. It didn't occur to me that my neck was fat as well, beyond the fact that I knew I generally needed longer necklaces. But for that to go the other way now is very exciting!
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I always have a hard time seeing myself the way other people see me - imagine my surprise when I tried on a friend's pair of pants & the pants fit me! I thought I was so much larger/fatter/bigger than my friend. Hahahaha...and she is 17 years younger than me! Now when she wears the pants, I silently think, yeah I could totally rock those pants & look amazing! :D
  • NC_Girl
    NC_Girl Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Walking my two Bostons down hill.....I was trying to get steady footing and they pulled my feet right out from under me and I fell on my bum.....65 lbs ago they couldn't have budged me. Owee the pebbles hurt my bum!
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! Finally reached an end today. Must say, this is so motivating! I can't wait to add a few of my own here :)
  • CJsf1t
    Options
    I meant end of the thread :blush: . lol. Been reading it since past weekend :smiley:
  • Pastela
    Pastela Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    -Being able to actually enjoy clothes shopping since I have more clothing options
    -Consequently, having to replace most of my wardrobe
    -Being able to see my collarbones and muscles in my legs and arms
    -Having so much more energy throughout the day without feeling like I need a nap
    -Appreciating nutritious food over processed junk food
    -Appreciating living a healthier lifestyle and enjoying exercise
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I need my glasses adjusted. My head and nose have shrunk so they keep falling down. Didn't think of that!
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I need my glasses adjusted. My head and nose have shrunk so they keep falling down. Didn't think of that!

I had to get mine adjusted yesterday too! They had to be brought in on the sides because I've lost fat in the area above my ears lol.

How good it feels to have the rep in Suzy Shier ask you your size, and saying XL or L (accounting for the weight loss, because last time I went in there even the XLs were too small for me), and having to put BOTH back and try on a medium!! Omg I almost cried right there in the store.

Too bad I don't have the funds to go on a shopping spree for new clothes, but I'm also not done yet, so I have some time to save. Buying new clothes is pointless anyway, because they aren't going to fit for long. Prime example, the size 12 jeans I bought from V.V a few months ago. They were 'goal' jeans, too tight when I bought them, and now they are falling down. So, so awesome. Except that I can't wear them with a belt because I get this weird muffin-top thing from my squishy fat when I make the belt tight enough that they don;t slide down slowly through the fat. I hope that annoying side effect goes away haha.
  • zanyzanycrazy
    zanyzanycrazy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I noticed 2 large changes so far, and I'm still toward the beginning!

1- WAY more energy, so my weekends are much much more active!! Which means more calories being utilized!

2- Much happier, which equals much smaller appetite!! The happier I am, the more I achieve- the less hungry I am!!

Loving it so far! And awesome job to everyone else! Mel Robbins hits the nail on the head when she says "You're never going to feel like doing the things you want to do, or need to do to get what you want. You have to get uncomfortable and FORCE yourself to do the things you need to do. Getting what you want is simple, but not easy."
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    When I first started in January, I had just gone up to a size 20. I ordered some dresses a bit ago for a trip in October. They have been hanging in the closet as they are a 14 and I was worried about them fitting me even in October. I tried them on last night for kicks just to see how far I have to go and well they fit!! I may actually need to have them taken in come October.

I also noticed that my clothes have started getting flashier now that I am thinner. My once nearly all black closet is now full of color and patterns!
  • aliciasilfies
    Options
    LacednLace wrote: »
    There will almost always be dishes in the sink....cooking, eating, cleaning. Vicious cycle when most stuff is fresh or cooked from scratch instead of boxes, freezer meals, or fast food

This!!!! It drives me nuts!
  • hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I also noticed that my clothes have started getting flashier now that I am thinner. My once nearly all black closet is now full of color and patterns!
    @aliciasilfies
    Yes, me too! When you look good and feel good, you want to be noticed. All my clothes were black, and after losing a significant amount of weight I made a rule that most of my clothes should not be black.
  • aliciasilfies
    Options
    hotnumber wrote: »
    @aliciasilfies Yes, me too! When you look good and feel good, you want to be noticed. All my clothes were black, and after losing a significant amount of weight I made a rule that most of my clothes should not be black.

Absolutely!! Being out of plus size helps too. That's such a great rule you have! I may steal it. Clothes are just too fun to not enjoy them now :)

• hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @aliciasilfies Yes, me too! When you look good and feel good, you want to be noticed. All my clothes were black, and after losing a significant amount of weight I made a rule that most of my clothes should not be black.

Absolutely!! Being out of plus size helps too. That's such a great rule you have! I may steal it. Clothes are just too fun to not enjoy them now :)

You don't have to steal it. I will give it to you voluntarily :) you're right, shopping is fun. I can't help it when I pass a store and see something I like, I am compelled to try it on... It usually ends up coming home with me
  • AHatFullOfSky
    AHatFullOfSky Posts: 83 Member
    Options

I like walking around more now that my knees don't slap together as much lol :#
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

You don't have to steal it. I will give it to you voluntarily :) you're right, shopping is fun. I can't help it when I pass a store and see something I like, I am compelled to try it on... It usually ends up coming home with me

My wardrobe is totally different now too. It also used to be all blacks and charcoals so I could stay invisible. I never felt I could pull off patterns or bright colours because I felt it emphasised my size. Now it's all well fitted clothes with patterns and colours and things that make me feel great! I love being able to look in my wardrobe in the morning and have a choice of things that I love wearing (as long as I have kept up with the washing!) My bank account is less pleased, however...
  • Badassshaz
    Badassshaz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost much yet, but I love reading these comments!!
    Something unexpected .... having to buy an air freshener for my car, to mask the smell of the sweaty gym clothes and wet towels which stay in the car while I am at work.
  • CJsf1t
    Options
    Running up and down the stairs without pain in the knees!! Its a liberating feeling!!
  • WranglerMichelle
    WranglerMichelle Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    In regards to wardrobe changes, I'll say I actually enjoy dresses now. I've been a lifelong tomboy and always thought I hated dresses, but since I actually like my legs now, I love finding cute dresses to show them off.

But it's also annoying how every time I go to the store to buy something other than new clothes for me, every shelf I walk by is full of stuff I want to try on. When I go back to shop for me, I'm like, "I hate everything here." But that's a side rant unrelated to weight loss. :smile:

Another thing I'm finding is that I don't slouch as much! It's easier to keep good posture.
  • aliciasilfies
    Options

Thanks! <3 and yes!! I actually like fitting rooms now too, since I know most of the time I will be going back for a smaller size and of course in the cart is goes! Online sales are probably the worst though. Every single time I get an email announcing 50-75%, I think my boyfriend actually cringes! Now that I measure myself regularly and can easily shop at most of the stores, I'm sucked into the website for a few hours hahaha!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!