• flowerhouse
    flowerhouse Posts: 140 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Well done everybody this is by far my Fav thread
  • dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 38 lbs so far and have 12 more to go but I already noticed some changes:
    - I never thought I'd enjoy working out so much that now, whenever I can't, I get restless and itchy
    - I never thought it was possible to freeze even more
    - it hurts when I'm lying on my side because less fat around my knees
    - I get tipsy pretty fast
    - I never thought I'd see my collarbones
    - I'm surprised that shaving my legs takes way less time
    - I never thought I'd say no to sweet things. Before changing my diet I was able to eat a whole bar of my favorite chocolate in one sitting. Now sometimes I can only eat a tiny square of it because it just seems to be too sweet
    - I still can't believe that I'm down 3 pant sizes and pick up the wrong size over and over again
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I have hot flashes (I'm 52, need I say more) BUT they are balanced out by the fact that I an cold most of the time!
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I just realized that I posted on the wrong thread, sorry about that!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Awfully tired of black clothing, ha ha.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I just realized that I posted on the wrong thread, sorry about that!

they still fit :)
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Last night I bought size medium panties at VS. Actually, just being able to shop at VS is a NSV.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Well done everybody this is by far my Fav thread

<3 It's such a positive thread!
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    It takes much more hot water to fill the bath to a reasonable height now I am displacing so much less of it.
    Bonier legs are harder to shave.
  • G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    OK, let's be clear: I don't think this is an important thing, or even desirable thing. I wouldn't post it on the NSV thread, for example, because I don't think of it as a victory. But it is one heck of a big frickin' surprise, so I'm going for it on the "unexpected" thread.

I've laughingly said in the past that the only way to get a thigh gap is with Photoshop. Guess what? At goal weight, this (very non-appearance-conscious) li'l ol' lady has a thigh gap, even with healthily muscular quads from my rowing hobby.

And the universe says "Ha!".

I thought a very similar thing, that it was either photoshopped, or that there were a lucky few that had wide hips/thin thighs combo to make it a thing. Never paid it much attention, since it wasn't something that could be controlled.

My body is proving me wrong...
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    G33K_G1RL wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    OK, let's be clear: I don't think this is an important thing, or even desirable thing. I wouldn't post it on the NSV thread, for example, because I don't think of it as a victory. But it is one heck of a big frickin' surprise, so I'm going for it on the "unexpected" thread.

I've laughingly said in the past that the only way to get a thigh gap is with Photoshop. Guess what? At goal weight, this (very non-appearance-conscious) li'l ol' lady has a thigh gap, even with healthily muscular quads from my rowing hobby.

And the universe says "Ha!".

I thought a very similar thing, that it was either photoshopped, or that there were a lucky few that had wide hips/thin thighs combo to make it a thing. Never paid it much attention, since it wasn't something that could be controlled.

My body is proving me wrong...

Different body shapes/genetics? Funny that you got it without purposely working for it and some people want it so badly.
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Ok, sorry to be a Debbie downer, but I'm quite disappointed in the number of people who are now "haters". Apparently people are happy when you lose 5 lbs when you're 250 lbs but they're negative when you're 145. I guess just because I'm happy when others succeed, doesn't mean others will be. I find this envious attitude shocking actually. I've learned to keep my success private from here on...

I always say if a woman doesn't have friends who are slimmer, richer, more happily married and/or more successful then there is something wrong with her. But apparently we (obese, overweight) are good friends because not matter what we are otherwise, we can't compete on appearance. You'll see who your real friends are
  • Jessicaisfree
    Jessicaisfree Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    joinn68 wrote: »
    Ok, sorry to be a Debbie downer, but I'm quite disappointed in the number of people who are now "haters". Apparently people are happy when you lose 5 lbs when you're 250 lbs but they're negative when you're 145. I guess just because I'm happy when others succeed, doesn't mean others will be. I find this envious attitude shocking actually. I've learned to keep my success private from here on...

I always say if a woman doesn't have friends who are slimmer, richer, more happily married and/or more successful then there is something wrong with her. But apparently we (obese, overweight) are good friends because not matter what we are otherwise, we can't compete on appearance. You'll see who your real friends are

Yes, thanks for your input joinn68. I'm very sad to realize that some "friends" aren't truly supportive, they just were glad I used to make them look better by comparison. Just wow. Shake my head.
  • jennyi27
    jennyi27 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    uptownplum wrote: »
    This thread is so inspiring. It's hard to have things like "heart disease and diabetes run in the family" motivate you to lose weight when you're young. But wearing heels all day, no chub rub, and not feeling like a space heater all the time! These are things I can get behind! Thank you everyone, and congrats!

Totally agree!!!
  • JustHilsie
    JustHilsie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    I have hot flashes (I'm 52, need I say more) BUT they are balanced out by the fact that I an cold most of the time!

you made me laugh and now people at the office is looking at me funny :blush:
  • serenitymcc
    serenitymcc Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Holding up your own underwear and thinking "Is my butt really that small?"

YES! I still think, "There's no way these are going to fit," even though I've already comfortably worn them several times.

• serenitymcc
    serenitymcc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    At dinner with a friend, I clasped my hands on the table and jumped because I thought I was holding someone else's hand! WEIRD! I hadn't realized how bony my hands had become despite my rings all falling off my fingers.
    Selfies! I've always hid from the camera - ALWAYS. But I even took a shot of my tush post-workout and shared to a group this morning :smiley:
    Wrinkles around my eyes, not a positive, but definitely an effect of weight loss. I'm sure they were always there, but they are more visible now that they're not filled with fat.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!