Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• MrBlodudel
    MrBlodudel Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It is not normal to be able to just float on your back when you are swimming. :o
    I realized this on vacation when i sank like a stone. It was really scary at first.
  • dollydiva2
    dollydiva2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Beanogirl wrote: »
    My bottom hurts when I sit on a hard seat. I can live with it though! :)

That was when I realized I was really losing weight. I was sitting on a concrete bench waiting for the bus on campus and my butt bones got sore without all the padding.

Coccyx pain after sitting....my daughter who is a skinny minny says this is a normal thing for her.
  • chillllllaaa
    chillllllaaa Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Have to replace my favorite knee boots because I bought them wife calf, and they fall down and flop around now! & im not even halfway done !
  • mikebooker1
    mikebooker1 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    laurimaki wrote: »
    1. Sitting in booths at restaurants...and fitting.
    2. I STILL, years later, feel bigger than I am.
    3. I STILL, also, get the urge to shop at the Big & Tall store, so buying clothing at a "normal" store was a pretty awesome feeling.
    4. More energy in general...started unable to walk 1/2 mile and now can run 5k's multiple times a week.
    5. Having seatbelts in small vehicles and planes fit around me.
    6. Getting into a canoe and not sinking it.
    7. Many, many more that I can't think of at this moment...this is nice to type out...it's a bit of a motivator!!

41526192.png

I know what you mean about booths at restaurants! I was starting to hate them but now I fit!
  • willnevergiveup
    willnevergiveup Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I wear shorter skirts now and have to be more careful to sit like a lady. I also had to practice how to get in and out of a car and slide out of a restaurant booth gracefully. I sleep much better and have more energy to do what I want to do. It hurts when I sit and I sit on a pillow on the seat when we go on long road trip.
  • UnicornInTheMaking17
    UnicornInTheMaking17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I get drunk faster and with less alcohol.
    We went out for a fancy dinner for my birthday last night. 3 glasses of wine over 3 hours with a big meal and I was really feeling it. I'm so glad I didn't also have that martini I was contemplating.

Yes yes yes!! I used to be able to handle 9+ beers in a night, now if I have more than 3 I'm falling down! And any hard alcohol is off limits!!
  • UnicornInTheMaking17
    UnicornInTheMaking17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Have to replace my favorite knee boots because I bought them wife calf, and they fall down and flop around now! & im not even halfway done !

I'm having this same issue, all my boots are wide calf and they just fall down or look ridiculous :-/
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    bump (I love this thread)
  • GMAC2016
    GMAC2016 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    My golf game went to crap. It wasn't great to start with but the muscle memory was totally screwed up because of the redistribution of mass I think.
  • DLDzioba
    DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    These give me hope
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    GMAC2016 wrote: »
    My golf game went to crap. It wasn't great to start with but the muscle memory was totally screwed up because of the redistribution of mass I think.

I thought mine might get better, being able to swing through the ball better with less body in the way. However, no real change. I think I just need to play more to get better
  • Balaru
    Balaru Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    The energy level and that if I don't catch myself it comes right back. Fortunately I think my brain is catching up and when I feel 3 - 5 pounds in the wrong direction I know what to do.

Also, the mental aspects. I am a much happier, nicer version of me when I am fueling correctly and exercising. Helps balance life's stressors!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!