Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• edixon127
    edixon127 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I never considered how much my ring size would change. I got sized this weekend and I went from an 8 to a 6.5! Another pleasant surprise-- I was able to try on the display rings!
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    AAmember wrote: »
    I love my weight loss but I hate how it has wrinkled my face

Yeah, I have lines on my forehead that were NOT there, not even faintly..SIGH ...just thanking God that they haven't appeared anywhere else YET. Lol smh
  • AliceAxe
    AliceAxe Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    I love this!!

Really the main one is the brain! I still have no idea how much space I take up and I always bring the wrong clothes into the dressing room. I still look at myself in the mirror knowing I've lost 115 pounds but I still see a 320 pound girl. Come on brain, you're killin me!

Look up "cortical homunculus", not only because it's hilarious to say that even in your head, but it's a map that your brain makes of your body in order to position you in and move you through space. It takes time to update it, so that disconnect you feel is not imaginary! Well I mean it is imaginary but also real...ugh something something consciousness..

Ok I'm only @10 lb down but I've already gone shopping in my closet. Yesterday I dropped off some work pants at the cleaners that I haven't worn in @2 years. It's like winning free clothes!

thats facinating, Ive had that disconnect about gaining weight, I was always thin until I got sick and gained a bunch , and I always still saw myself as thin so didnt realise how much I realy gained until at some point I started noticing how heavy my thighs were. but I still have that thin youthful image in my mind Im trying to get back to what I was. its a shame I still have all these bad health issues cant exersize and am hungry 24/7 err life is so unfair.
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    edixon127 wrote: »
    I never considered how much my ring size would change. I got sized this weekend and I went from an 8 to a 6.5! Another pleasant surprise-- I was able to try on the display rings!

yes, my engagement ring went from being quite tight around my ring finger, to being moved to my middle finger and now getting loose in that one. I still have 9kgs to lose and i'm praying my fingers will not get any thinner.
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    akf2000 wrote: »
    The bone thing freaks. me. out. My ribcage is quite prominent now and my wife does this thing where she puts her hand on the base of it and I have developed this phobia that she's going to like.. pull it EUGHHH. I mean it's nice and stuff but EUGHHH

LOL. What? Has she threatened to do that?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!