Paleo Recipes my kids will eat

Options
I'm in desperate need of some delicious, kid friendly low carb/high protein paleo recipes my kids will eat. We do squash ravioli, cauliflower pizza, chicken tacos, fish and quinoa bowls, things like that, and try like most of it, but I was wondering what anyone has had success with? I get mine from the internet right now so they're always hit or miss with the kids.. Thanks!!

Replies

• feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs, meat, and veggies in a bowl is good.
  • jvs125
    jvs125 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Do you include cheese in your diet? If so, fish and veggies nuggets (holds together with egg and shredded cheese). A hit here
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Why do the kids have to eat paleo or low carb? Because you went on a diet they have to?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Stop that thought right there.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    why are you torturing your kids with paleo?

actually, why are you doing paleo OP? You realize that all the foods that you listed in your OP were NOT eaten by Paleolithic man. Do you really think that cavemen ate chicken tacos?
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    jvs125 wrote: »
    Do you include cheese in your diet? If so, fish and veggies nuggets (holds together with egg and shredded cheese). A hit here
    herrspoons wrote: »
    Your kids aren't on a diet. You are.
    Stop that thought right there.
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    why are you torturing your kids with paleo?

actually, why are you doing paleo OP? You realize that all the foods that you listed in your OP were NOT eaten by Paleolithic man. Do you really think that cavemen ate chicken tacos?

^ All of that.

Learn self control so you don't force your family to eat what you do, just because it saves time.

You signed up for this, not them. Pony up and get it, even if it means sacrificing more time to get them meals that THEY will enjoy.

• Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    Please dont.
  • moglovesshoez
    moglovesshoez Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Lasagne with sweet potato instead of pasta, If you eat a little dairy then add some greek yogurt to the white sauce instead of cheese. Also check out the Nom Nom Paleo website.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    Lasagne with sweet potato instead of pasta, If you eat a little dairy then add some greek yogurt to the white sauce instead of cheese. Also check out the Nom Nom Paleo website.

It's not lasagna anymore if you take out the pasta
  • ndj1979
    Options

curious …why would you substitute sweet potato for pasta, when they are both carbs??????

and lasagna made with "sweet potato' is NOT lasagna...
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Poor kids. *sadface*
  • ndj1979
    Options
    man, my parents never subjected me to their fad diets…thank god…since they did the cabbage soup diet once…shudders….
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options

Please. Don't.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Greek Yogurt instead of cheese???

blasphemy.gif
  • ndj1979
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »

blasphemy.gif

so swap one from of dairy for another?????

just like swapping one carb for another…???

I call this verbal paleo gymnastics…

always entertaining...
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »

blasphemy.gif

I stopped reading at the sweet potato... damn losing the cheese too .. that's just wrong
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Why do the kids have to eat paleo or low carb? Because you went on a diet they have to?

This, completely.

What do you give your kids when they refuse to eat your paleo dishes?
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    :no_mouth:
This discussion has been closed.