looking for older ladies losing 50 lbs

Options

Replies

• darlenegrace999
    darlenegrace999 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry everyone for not responding sooner. My daughter just showed me how to reply to everyone
  • lovelypen50
    lovelypen50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hello Darlene Grace....I am 54 years old and I have lost 41 lbs so far but I have a long way to go....Need to lose about 70 more lbs. Would love to me a part of this group...
  • darlenegrace999
    Options
    Hello ladies! Thank you very much for your prompt responses and I am wishing the best for all of us! I have created a group called Over 50 and Fabulous and I would love if you would all join. It is for women of all ages, of course. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/102504-over-50-and-fabulous
  • darlenegrace999
    Options
    Hello Darlene Grace....I am 54 years old and I have lost 41 lbs so far but I have a long way to go....Need to lose about 70 more lbs. Would love to me a part of this group...

• darlenegrace999
    Options
    Wow you must feel great about the weight you've already lost. I can't wait till I hit the 20 lb mark so I can feel like I have accomplished something.
  • twistedmranch
    twistedmranch Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just getting started I am 51 soon to be 52 and have 65 pounds to lose. I am looking for an accountability partner. I lost before only to go back to bad habits and re-gain I am determined NOT to do that again. I started out with water, which is huge for me since I don't drink much of anything. and exercise. I am writing out my fitness plan, and pre-planning meals. I bought DR. Phil's book Ultimate Weight Loss Solution the 7 Keys which addresses why we self-sabatoge. It is a great read and I belive it will help me stay on track. It also talks about looking at deprovation and a different approch. I just got his new book 20/20 diet. Feel free to add me if you want an accountability partner.
  • darlenegrace999
    Options
    rosib1962 wrote: »
    hey you got a friend in me. Just started 2 weeks ago, and beginning to feel pretty good. I've only lost 2 lbs, but I'm taking it slowly. Let's get on board together. I'm not a cooker, but I'v found a few pretty good quick meals. Shady brooks turkey patties and sauteed spinach makes for a great dinner. Then there's perdue already cooked cutlets with a huge salad, perfect for lunch or dinner. Keep in touch.

Started two weeks ago myself ,still enamoured by the whole thing ,lost 5lbs so far ,but hope to loose 50....slow is good ,perseverance is better,maintaining is harder still...always my banana skin.Need lots of support.Count me in as a friend pls?
    Just getting started I am 51 soon to be 52 and have 65 pounds to lose. I am looking for an accountability partner. I lost before only to go back to bad habits and re-gain I am determined NOT to do that again. I started out with water, which is huge for me since I don't drink much of anything. and exercise. I am writing out my fitness plan, and pre-planning meals. I bought DR. Phil's book Ultimate Weight Loss Solution the 7 Keys which addresses why we self-sabatoge. It is a great read and I belive it will help me stay on track. It also talks about looking at deprovation and a different approch. I just got his new book 20/20 diet. Feel free to add me if you want an accountability partner.

You sound like me also. I've only been dieting for three weeks now. Most the time I'm ok with but some days (like today) I'm just hungry andfeel fed up with the whole process. When I was younger it was so easy. Now I smell food and get hungry. I'm hoping the support of all you ladies that are going through the same thing will keep me on tract
  • lovematthewchristopher
    Options
    Hi , i will be 50 in march. I have been on MFP for just over 50 days and have lost 21 pounds. I have another 70 pounds that i would like to lose. I'm taking it one day at a time. This is the first time that anything has worked for me. I think MFP is amazing! Anyone wants to add me they can. I am good at motivating , as well as can use a bit of motivation myself. The more the merrier, we can all do this thing together.!!!!
  • darlenegrace999
    Options
    Wow that's an amazing amount of weight. Whats your secret.
  • darlenegrace999
    Options
    Hi , i will be 50 in march. I have been on MFP for just over 50 days and have lost 21 pounds. I have another 70 pounds that i would like to lose. I'm taking it one day at a time. This is the first time that anything has worked for me. I think MFP is amazing! Anyone wants to add me they can. I am good at motivating , as well as can use a bit of motivation myself. The more the merrier, we can all do this thing together.!!!!
    Hi I'm DarleneI'm kind of new to this and don't really know how to add friends but your weight loss in 50 days is amazing especially through the holidays. So let me in on your secret what did you do I've been at it since the 2nd of January I've lost 8 pounds but I'm continuously at a standstill. so if you could give me any things to try it would be much appreciated.
  • Babe650
    Babe650 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am almost 65 and I have 50 lbs to lose. My daughter lost her husband over the summer and I have been taking care of her. For Christmas she took care of me by buying me a Fitbit. I have been walking every day and feeling better every day. I find this site to be most helpful in tracking my exercise and food intake. It helps to keep me accountable. I am in Florida so walking outside during the winter is not posing a problem. I would consider it a privilege if someone would begin this journey with me.
  • Raine0421
    Options
    Hi, I am 47 years old and want to lose 60 lbs. This is my first real visit to myfitnesspal and would love to join your group. Several years ago I lost 85 lbs. I felt awesome, energetic... I want that back!
  • Jones64
    Jones64 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great, we can use all the friends we can get!
  • Jones64
    Jones64 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Babe 650, I live in Florida too. I'm a native, which is hard to find down here, most people are transplants. I have lived in central Florida all my life. My email is m.j.fender64 @ gmail.com if you would like to see if we are close enough to each other to get together and exercise or just have fun together.
    Babe650 wrote: »
    I am almost 65 and I have 50 lbs to lose. My daughter lost her husband over the summer and I have been taking care of her. For Christmas she took care of me by buying me a Fitbit. I have been walking every day and feeling better every day. I find this site to be most helpful in tracking my exercise and food intake. It helps to keep me accountable. I am in Florida so walking outside during the winter is not posing a problem. I would consider it a privilege if someone would begin this journey with me.

• AmyEMR
    AmyEMR Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 47 and looking to lose 65 lbs. I had lost 25 lbs two years ago and life happened and I gained every one of them back. Determined to lose them for good this time! I would love to be a part of the awesome group!
  • darlenegrace999
    Options

Hi babe my names darlene I live in n. Florida. Sorry for your daughter. I know how hard it is to lose someone you love. She is very lucky to have you. I would love to friend you and work together on this weight loss thing. Hope to hear from you.
  • lcbowz
    lcbowz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing on this board? I'm 51. January 9 I started my journey for the fourth and final time. I am 5 1.5" to 5 2" and started with a weight of 198. I am at 151.8 now. My goal is to be a healthy BMI so I'd like to shoot for about 128-130. Healthy Diet (fruits, vegetables, avoiding junk and portion control) and Exercise are ESSENTIAL.

I started exercise slowly and have worked up to intense workouts (Jillian Michaels, Turbo Kick {taught by my daughters}). Toning is ESSENTIAL as well. Love how I am feeling and looking and I have virtually eliminated my chronic back pain from sciatica as well. Great side benefit is how my husband has reacted. :

We CAN do this!!!! If you remember the WHY, you can tolerate any HOW. Time will pass regardless, so why not the most of it. little steps add up to big results eventually. Slow and steady wins the race.

• christabelle66
    christabelle66 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am 49, working mom of two teenagers. Have had weight issues all my life but have been on a real roller coaster that last ten years since having my thyroid removed. I have lost and regained a ridiculous amount of weight. I would like this to be the final time I have to start over and really get my health under control. I have lost ten pounds since joining MFP and reading The Beck Diet Solution (really excellent book about how we need to change our thinking-- not just what we eat and how we exercise-- to lose the weight and keep it off.) Happy to have anyone add me as a friend. Not good at asking for support but this can be a long lonely journey when you have a lot of weight to lose (another 70 pounds for me.)
  • uppie66
    uppie66 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi im 48 yrs old..I started mfp nearly 5 mth's ago..i av lost so far 33 pounds..still want to loose another 29 pounds..but feeling so much better an can get in size 16 now..want to b size 12/14..I'm allowed to av 1400 calories a day but sometimes I only av 1200..I used to av double that an no wonder y I ad gained so much weight..mfp truley works..love it
  • idinlv
    idinlv Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    hi all;) I'm 55 and need to lose 75 lbs. I need to get motivated. It's the amount of weight that freaks me out..
    not very good at asking for support, but I know I will need all the encouragement I can get;) and after reading some of these post's this seems like a great group of women:) Thanks for reading this!!