• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    bump
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    morning all,
    didn't get to the gym this morning.my heel is trying to give me trouble...
    Dimples-love my fit bit flex,just having a bit of trouble charging it,but think I figured that out..I still wear my pedometer too:wink:
    it was a relaxing weekend and now back to work...well summer is here we are gonna have hot weather for the rest of the week..
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Hope everyone had a nice weekend:bigsmile: !!! I, as usual have no more time this morning:sad: ! I`ve read all the posts and I`m wishing everyone well!!!

Barbie:smile: Love the pic of your fur family:love: !

Have a great Monday ladies! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in steamy NC
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    Good morning, beautiful friends! It is a glorious day in North Georgia. Got up bright and early to walk with DH before he heads off for his temporary gig at the hospital. I'm going to do yard work today if the rain holds off. If not, well, I have lots and lots of books to read and drawers to straighten.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: good morning,
    got up early so we can go to an early meeting but gotta walk the frisky poodles first
    they've been walked once individually to "do business", I just finished my breakfast (Isagenix chocolate shake with almond milk, walnuts, flax seed, and calcium powder) and will leash up the dogs and walk for 90 minutes.

:bigsmile: lets all have a super healthy day
    and don't let any negative people or events get you down......act the way you want to feel.

:heart: Barbie from cloudy NW Washington

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Pat - hope you feel better fast.

Rori - thank you for your kind words. At the risk of sounding like I'm touting my own horn, I do believe that I have good intentions. The heart is in the right place, to quote Bryan a few years back. Sometimes it just doesn't come out right, but the intention that's there is good.

Jessica and her boyfriend left yesterday around 9:30. They were going to meet up with a friend of his in Burlington (leaving her cats here, they'll be her in total about a month). Do you know that he actually volunteered to shovel riverrock? Later he took us out to dinner (ok, it was Golden Corral and not a 5 star restaurant, but that's ok). I told him how impressed I was that he offered and he said "I was hoping that would happen". My first thought was "you were hoping to shovel rock???" But then he clarified that he was hoping to be able to help. After they left Vince and I put down more rock until around 3:30. The bad news is that we're running out of landscape fabric and will probably need to order more stone. But the good news is that I'm figuring 2 maybe 3 yards, last time we got 5 and the time before 10 so it's not as much. Then we went to Lowe's Hardware where I got 3 more pairs of the cheapo work gloves. They may be cheap, but they are durable. Vince needed some sort of washers and he got some chisels and a blade. See, we're going to put lights under the capstones and he needs to cut a groove in one of the capstones for the wire for the lights. The alternative is to buy a bit that costs like $100 for this one small groove. So what he's going to do (and the guy at Lowes said that it would work) is use the saw blade to cut two grooves and then chisel out the grooves.

For the first time in a few days, I had decent food yesterday. I had my salad. Do you know that in Lowes my stomach felt funny?

I made some blueberry muffins to take to the gal who fixed my dress that I'll pick up tomorrow.

Amanda - I hope you don't surgery. That's the last thing you need right now. But then again, if surgery will definitely put an end to the problem, you might want to go for it.

Heather - so glad you had such a good time. Sounds marvelous

DeeDee - I do think this boyfriend is a good influence on Jessica. He's taking some sort of college courses online which is getting her wanting to go to vet school. Vince doesn't think she'll get in, her grades weren't all that stellar in college. But she's done a lot of work with animals since then. Even in high school she worked at New Bolton Center. She's always worked with animals. Hopefully, that'll work in her favor. Honestly, I'm beginning to question Vince's feelings. He kept saying to me "when Bryan gets this travel bug out of his system, he'll come back" Now he's marrying so that he doesn't have visa issues. I just don't say anything to Vince, but I am questioning him sometimes. I remember at one time Jessica dated (a long time ago) this guy. I can't explain it, but something inside of me just didn't feel "right". Sure enough, she was something like 17, he was like 23. There were other weird things. He would encourage her to sneak out of the house, etc.

Didn't do any formal exercise yesterday. Today I'm doing some yoga and then taking the extremepump class. Tomorrow I'll just swim some at the Y then go get my dress. I'm sure it's wonderful. I'm going to try taking my swim shoes with me. Last time I wore them, then really added resistance. I felt funny in that I was lagging so far behind the class. This time I won't be in a class so if I lag behind, I'm not holding up anyone except myself. But I remember they added a lot of resistance.

grandmalle - happy early birthday!

katla - Vince and I are only children. Sometimes it can be a blessing and sometimes it can be a curse. When my father was dying, there was only me to take care of him. Yet, there wasn't any hassle about decisions that needed to be made. Hope you have a great time at the festival.

jb - thanks for keeping us updated about Mariah. Things seem to be really looking up right now

Terri - awesome weight loss! I like your idea of the plants as you walk in to remingd yourself "5 lbs down"

Did a load of laundry yesterday and ran the dishwasher (which really needed it)

barbie - I agree with you about have a room alone when you travel by yourself. I do enjoy that. I can eat what I want, no one to tell me "eeewww...that healthy stuff"

Got some more golden beets at the farmers market. The guy told me that they'll probably be in only for the next week or two, which means that I'll need to buy lots next weekend and freeze them.

Kris grew up in MA, his parents live in Maine. But he was telling me that he doesn't like seafood. I could live on seafood if given the chance...lol Maine lobster...yum

Gail - does your OfficeMax change for the shredding?

kadeeTra - welcome. There isn't a suggested meal plan. It's more of eating in moderation and eating mostly healthy foods. Bood advice from barbie (she always has such good advice) and drkatiebug and jodios

drkatiebug - you aren't a horrible wife. Sometimes I like when Vince isn't around

Jan - congrats on being smoke free

kathy - congrats on the placement testing

Off to the extremepump class.

Michele in NC
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Drkatiebug - I didn't realize you were in north GA. I am in the Canton area and Peachstategal isn't far from me. We should figure a way to get together sometime! There may be others locally that I don't know about.

Michele - yes, OfficeMax charges for the shredding, but they also store it securely.

Well, off to work for the day. Boss is traveling in TX today and tomorrow, then in AL on Wednesday. Good and bad with that, but frustration in not having the access I want!

Happy day to all....

Gail, metro ATL
  • Mollybesweet
    Mollybesweet Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies :flowerforyou:
    Checking all the posts.Welcome all the new ones and hello to some returning :happy:

Been busy but apparently not enough :frown:
    Another restless pain filled night (the 5th) which I figured is why I have gained 4.2 pounds.
    That may not seem like a lot -but I have been wrestling with this few pounds for over a month.

My question: Lack of sleep I heard interferes with weight loss/gain correct?
    Anyone else gone through this-going through this?

Any suggestions?

Will be lQQking in.

Molly in sunny humid West Virginia
  • Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Hey Gail, I'm not that far from you. I want to go. Lol

No time right now going for a walk.

Tigress in GA
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    Lots of Georgia girls on here it looks like. I am more Northeast of Atlanta off interstate 85. We should meet for a good long walk somewhere.
  • KarenH05
    KarenH05 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm new here. I'm really glad to have found a place for women over 50. It seems losing weight is much harder for this age versus the 20-30 age group. Anyway, happy to have found you all. I just turned 53 and I hate the way I look and feel so I decided to do something about it. I worked out everyday last week, mainly doing the Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds dvd's. I also did a bit on my wii with Wii active. I started to work with weights for my arms because I'm tired of my "bat wings." I tried to watch what I ate, and measured most things and stayed mostly in my calorie range. There were a few times I went over, but only by a little. Anyway, I got on the scale this morning and I gained 2.8 pounds!!! This was quite frustrating. I will admit yesterday I ate some ice cream and I didn't work out. Would one day have ruined an entire week's worth of exercise and eating healthier? I hope to join your group here if that's ok. I really could use some motivation to keep on doing this. I have noticed that I have a lot more energy and I generally feel better, but I really want to lose weight also. Thanks for any advice you may have.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    JB: I’m sorry Mariah has had problems with the steroids and glad to know she’s almost done with them.:flowerforyou: I read your advice to Debbie and agree with every word. You did a great job explaining how to start.:bigsmile:

Joyce: Thank goodness the nausea and headache is gone. Too much water in one sitting can upset me a bit, but if I space it out better I don’t notice any trouble—other than a need to spend time in the ‘ladies retiring room.’:flowerforyou:

Heather: Your trip sounds good, especially the part where you and DH ditched the ditherers. Feeling like naughty school children once in a while is good for the spirits.:wink:

Terri: Congratulations on your success. Plants make a wonderful reward.:bigsmile:

Barbie: I’m glad to hear that the icepack helped your back. I usually like heat, but cool is so good for reducing swelling. I love the portrait of your fur-babies.

Jodios: My daughter is in the stage where she moans about her weight but doesn’t seem motivated to change her eating habits. She signed up, but I don’t think she’s logging yet. I hope the new clothes I bought her for her birthday will help with self-esteem, which will, in turn, help with motivation.:flowerforyou:

Kadee Tra: You will use the food diary to track your food intake and exercise. You can look up most things in the database. To be successful, you’ll need to measure your food portions so you know how much you’re actually eating. Most people don’t really have a clue. We were already eating nutritious, healthy foods when DH and I started this process, but we were eating way too much of them. People seem to fall into two camps. Some of us are abstainers who have to eliminate trigger foods that lead to over eating. Others are moderators who use portion control to reduce total calories. I’m a moderator and I think portion control is a fabulous strategy. You’ll start to figure out which strategy you prefer as you go along. You’re starting with 1200 calories and I wonder whether you set that number or let MFP do it for you. It may be too low. Your calories should be based on your starting weight. As you lose, they will lower your allowed calories but never below 1200. Just following the basic plan is working great for me. When they set your calories goal, it is enough to lose weight without exercise, but many of us eat back part of our exercise calories. I think of it as “buying” more food. Good luck and welcome to a great group. :flowerforyou:

I apologize for missing a few of you. DD and DGD are in the room with me now, and it is time to go.

The renaissance fair was a lot of fun, but the jousting I saw didn’t light my fire. Combat was set for an evening performance, and we didn’t want to stay that long. We enjoyed the petting zoo, and watching DGD on the little kid rides. She rode a lama in one of the classic pony rides where they go in a circle. I took some video but wasn’t too happy to miss a bunch because I couldn’t see that the light wasn’t on. @#*! We also saw some great musicians, and a big cat show. You haven’t lived until you’ve heard House of the Rising Sun on bagpipes and drums! I’d recommend the fair for those who are close enough to go. It apparently runs weekends only, for the summer. Had an opportunity to shop for DD’s birthday present with her. She wanted new clothes and we were able to find some great capris, a swimsuit and a couple of cute tops.

Right now I’m doing laundry and getting ready to pack for the journey home. I’m hoping to talk DD into a lunch out in the country on the way to WY so we can have a little more time together. I expect to be in Ogden, UT by evening.

Katla in Sunny Colorado this morning, Utah tomorrow morning

June goals:
    1. Log every bite
    2. Move more.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone from sunny Hampshire UK!

Yes, I'm back home and it's always good to see your own front door.:bigsmile:

NSV for me last night. Dinner wasn't served until gone 8pm and you ladies know how I am with that. I had an apple about 5.30 and a few nuts and then we walked up to DSIL's. On the table were peanuts and crisps to fill the hole before supper. Then the door opened and in came a great big pile of home cooked GARLIC BREAD!!!!!!!!:sad: :sad: :grumble: I didn't have any, but I contented myself with just sniffing it!:laugh: How good am I ?????????

It was a nice last night and the journey back not too bad, so now I've got to catch up on sleep and give my liver a rest!!!:tongue:
    Tonight I'm going to cook an Asian type soup with prawns and make it not too hot for DH. I will put extra chilli oil in mine!:laugh:

Will figure out how to get my new photo up on my profile.

Best wishes to all, Heather x x x x
  • kathyszoo
    kathyszoo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Ok, I admit that I did not log my food faithfully for the last 3 days! Started out with good intentions but lack of time for meal planning, eating out too much and our anniversary got in the way. And yes I'm just making excuses. So the good news is the scale is only up .5 which is probably sodium. I even told my DH that I prob gained 52 lbs back this weekend, the way I ate esp. having dessert both Friday and Saturday. :laugh: In all seriousness though, the majority of the time now, I feel I make better food choices, instead of mindless eating! The point of this rambling is that I'm recommitting to logging every bite that goes into my mouth and hopefully will get the scale moving in the right direction. Only have 2 1/2 weeks til I go visit my DS and DDIL and hope to comfortably fit into next size down. I'm almost there now but not quite.

Drkatiebug- I'm touched! Thank you so much for offering to help with math questions! :flowerforyou:

Jodios- You are so right about the portion size! That was a shocker and eye opener for me when I started measuring everything! Now I still do that with measuring cups and spoons but want to get an inexpensive kitchen scale because I know that would help more esp. with meat. That's on my wish list along with a pedometer.

Barbie- I'm going to strive for a super healthy day! I met a lovely woman at the gym a few weeks back who unfortunately eats out almost all her meals.. And no, she isn't grossly overweight, I'm sure in part to her working out at the pool even more than I do. Anyhow, I admit that I was thinking of going out with her after water zumba but don't want to a) get sucked into eating out so much and b) can't afford it really anyway! I feel we haven't quite known each other well enough yet to ask her over to my home and don't want to appear rude not going out with her. Guess I'll just use the excuse that I don't have time today but not sure how to handle this next time. The obvious would be to tell her that I'm watching how I eat, she knows I lost a lot of weight, but I don't want it to come off judgmental or preachy to her especially because we do have a lot of common interests and I enjoy her company. My DH and DD always tell me that I'm too critical of their eating and I need to just worry about myself. :frown: Any advice is appreciated!

Off to grab a bite of breakfast before the pool. Have a awesome day!

Kathy in rainy again! IL :drinker:
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies

Just back from the GP - I have to have surgery to have the cyst removed. Darn it. I could really do without it right now, but I suppose it has to be done. It will mean two or three nights in hospital. My dad will go into meltdown, I just hope my brother and sister will actually step up to the plate this time because he will need them.

Ho hum.

Hope everyone is doing well and has a good week.

Love to all.
    Amanda x
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    Options
    Amanda, hope the op goes well. What a nuisance and at this time too. :cry: We are thinking of you:flowerforyou:

I have just resized my photo. First time ever, so now it is the last one on my profile if anyone wants to see how I looked at the party:blushing: :drinker: :tongue:
  • Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Well changed my mind about the walk and did tubing (strength training) instead. My weigh in was today and I gained 2.5 lbs. I don't know if its the salt shaker or what, but I will watch everything more closely. It will be down next week.

Karen- give it time, and you always gain when you first start adding exercise. All that water your muscles hold on too.

Amanda- sorry you need surgery, I had one removed from my leg, but it was in the Doc's office.

I know I didn't get to all, I will try and do better next time, when I'm not in such a rush,:smile:

Tigress in GA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Amanda, I am so sorry to hear about your surgery….that’s something I am eager to avoid…..I’ll think positive thoughts that your siblings will rise to the need to assist your father while you are recovering.

:bigsmile: Heather, you look fabulous in your photo

:flowerforyou: Kathy, I go out to lunch once a month with my line dance friends and it was a struggle for me to make the decision to do that. Otherwise, I tell people that I don’t go out to eat with friends, that I will meet them to walk and talk. On Saturday morning I walked and talked with a friend for 90 minutes and later this morning I’ll do the same with another friend. It was hard to say the first time and now it is a natural response.

:flowerforyou: Katla, when I had a more serious problem with my back in 1998 and saw the chiropractor three time a week on and off for quite awhile he told me “ice is your friend” and I have never forgotten it. I can feel my back relax as I lie on the ice pack and I often fall asleep.

:heart: Barbie from cloudy and foggy NW Washington

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif
  • MsKari02
    MsKari02 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm at a complete loss as to what to do. Eating less than 1200 calories per day, faithfully, walking 3 times a week and getting no place. I have lost nothing for almost a month and I don't know what else to do. I have bad knees so more walking and running out. I am ready to quit and stay fat. I have been eating a high protein diet with very little fat and carbs. I just don't know what to do anymore.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy mon.
    Amanda,sorry about your surgery.I sure hope your family steps up.
    Ms Kari02-don`t give up.Are you drinking water?
    Everyone have a good day,Violet is paging me.
    HUHGS
    jane