Options
14567810»

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    smantha32 wrote: »

I get it. New people are annoying because they don't know what they're doing. Just remember though you were one of those "new people" once who didn't know squat. And heck, I'll go so far as to say that many of you were probably one of those "resolutioners".

It's got nothing to do with new people being annoying. Crowds of new people prevent you from being able to just get in, and get your stuff done and leave.

So they're annoying?

I think she's saying that the new people aren't annoying because they're new...

...they're annoying because they're people...and in greater number.

And as someone who dislikes crowds in nearly all situations, I get it.
  • killerqueen21
    killerqueen21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

I get it. New people are annoying because they don't know what they're doing. Just remember though you were one of those "new people" once who didn't know squat. And heck, I'll go so far as to say that many of you were probably one of those "resolutioners".

It's got nothing to do with new people being annoying. Crowds of new people prevent you from being able to just get in, and get your stuff done and leave.

So they're annoying?

I can't stand them either! UGH!! They make me stabby. People. *shudder*
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lkbwna5a8f1qa601io1_r1_500.gif
  • killerqueen21
    killerqueen21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    most-people-are-okay-but-mostly-i-just-feel-like-poisoning-people.gif
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I mostly work out at home. I don't like being around people. :#
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options

So if crowds of new people prevent you from getting in, getting it done and leaving doesn't that apply to crowds of the regular people as well? I mean a crowd is a crowd new or old.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    People are just annoying in general. I don't care how long they've been there.

Win. :)
  • smantha32
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

So they're annoying?

exactly. <3
  • smantha32
    Options

So if crowds of new people prevent you from getting in, getting it done and leaving doesn't that apply to crowds of the regular people as well? I mean a crowd is a crowd new or old.

Sure, it applies to all crowds. However in every gym I've been to, there aren't crowds (That aren't manageable) until January.

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Well. So DYELB brings up an EXCELLENT point.

If you look at this as a hobby type thing- 150 a month is not expensive. Regular lessons hockey/karate/dance/music would run you 200+ a month. I know at my studio- unlimited runs around 290- which includes rehearsal fees

if you stop looking at it like a gym- and you look at it like regular dance classes- or regular hockey lessons- it becomes on point.

If you look at it as a gym- then oh hell no.

I'd say this comparison is pretty apt, maybe it shouldn't be viewed as a gym membership, but access dues to a game centered around lifting.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    look up any other hobby- skating- skiing- karate- dance- etc etc- it all costs that much- in the grand scheme of things 150 for unlimited technical classes is nothing- that's what we charge for 8 classes/month- which is 2 hours a week. So- in that context- it makes perfect sense.
    Hell, if I break out my nice rifle for a day at the range, I can expect $100-$300 just in shooting that for the day. My pistols could run me $40 a session, if I warm up with a 22... go a couple times a week, and it adds up.

comparatively, while the shooting is far safer, the xfit is far cheaper as a sport hobby.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    look up any other hobby- skating- skiing- karate- dance- etc etc- it all costs that much- in the grand scheme of things 150 for unlimited technical classes is nothing- that's what we charge for 8 classes/month- which is 2 hours a week. So- in that context- it makes perfect sense.
    Hell, if I break out my nice rifle for a day at the range, I can expect $100-$300 just in shooting that for the day. My pistols could run me $40 a session, if I warm up with a 22... go a couple times a week, and it adds up.

comparatively, while the shooting is far safer, the xfit is far cheaper as a sport hobby.

Exactly- almost any hobby that takes- time facilities and comittment- will cost that much if not more.
    horses- guns- motorcycles- track days- cars- road track- straight track etc etc.
  • cliffodom1
    cliffodom1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yep. Even at 5 am the # of folks has more than doubled.

I am a member of the 5 am club also. Its the best

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    It's almost the end of January and things are getting back to normal. People who have transitioned to be stayers are starting to make friends and those who didn't make it for the long term will try again next year.