Frustrated About How Much Weight To Lose Weekly. Help?

Options

Replies

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Saw you eat 560 calories more...I am so glad you did :)

You can do this you know. There are lots of people who will help and encourage you!
  • BooMonkeyButt
    BooMonkeyButt Posts: 129 Member
    Options

You can do this you know. There are lots of people who will help and encourage you!

Thank you and I've noticed that. And you're one of them
  • BooMonkeyButt
    Options

Send me a FR please.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,615 Member
    Options
    You really should try to add some more foods to your diet. You are missing out on so much! Do you really drink your k-cup black?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    The Doctor is pleased that I'm losing weight. It's kind of embarrassing to tell him I only consume 600 calories and I really don't feel like hearing a giant lecture from him.

I'm very sorry for you. It's sad that you are choosing not to learn a sustainable way, of keeping all that weight you lost off.
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    FR send :)

But i can be brutally honest ( that's the way i am sweety)
    So yes i will support you but you have to eat at least 1200 or more... and i will check hehehe

You can do it and i will cheer you on!
  • andrewsg45
    andrewsg45 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i was having the same problem not losing anything,so changed my calorie intake up and added a snacks. i will check my weight in a few days i dont like to do everyday. because if i didnt see a change i would get upset knowing your body doesnt always lose weight everyday
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    FredDoyle wrote: »
    I know I can reach the calorie goal if I eat foods that I shouldn't. But then I look at the Nutrition tab and I'm usually over or under in some or all of the categories.
    What foods "shouldn't you eat"?

Unless there are medical reasons, there are no foods that are inherently unhealthy that you shouldn't eat. You can meet as much of your calorie goal as possible eating nutrient rich foods such as fruits, veggies, meats, carbs, and fats that you consider "healthy" but when it comes to it, you have to meet a minimum calorie goal or your body will start shutting itself down. Fill the rest in with a few indulgences once in a while. They are going to be more calorie dense and maybe less nutritional value (maybe because that is not always the case) but you are getting more benefits out of eating a bit extra than eating entirely too little.

If your mindset is that all these "unhealthy foods" is going to cause you to put the weight back on or that you have to stay under 1200 calories a day, then there may be a mental issue that you may need to seek professional help for.
    I dont understand how you could get overweight before, when you cant even eat 1200 calories a day.

I looked at your diary and if you are really honest and eat that amount you have a serious problem. You cant eat only 600 calories a day without damaging your body.

I hope you search for some professional help.

Not to be rude or anything, but what do I have to lose by not being honest? I'd only be fooling myself. I'm 100% honest in my diary. I want to lose weight and being dishonest doesn't help with that goal.

There are plenty of people out there that fool themselves in order to fool others. My mother was a hypochondriac and a compulsive liar for most of her life. She used to walk half a mile at the mall then tell people she just finished 5 miles. I don't know the brainy stuff behind it but I am positive part of it was an attention thing. Sometimes people lie to themselves in order to help themselves avoid the shocking reality. It isn't that uncommon. People here are showing concern in asking you to challenge your honesty.
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    It looks like you enjoy salad, beans, and chicken. Add in some more veggies, avocado, cheese, chicken/beef/pork, and whole grains. You might want to slow down on the Chipotle and Ramen, they are really high in sodium. Making it yourself will hopefully cut back on that a bit. You definitely need to eat more food, though. Don't be scared of "bad" foods. Enjoy treats in moderation. Use your protein goal as a minimum.

I usually don't eat Ramen but since my surgery, it's been a go to unless my fiancé is home to make food. I was under the impression that Chipotle was relatively low in sodium because it's all fresh and full of protein and veggies.

I wish it was low in sodium. I LOVE Chipotle. But all of their meats are marinaded in high sodium marinades which transfers into the meat. There is also high amounts of sodium in their guacamole, salsas and in any cheeses and sour cream. Anything fresh and natural can still be high in sodium- very very very high.
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    555 now you still have about 700 to go Alissa for today. :)
    I still have 300 to go to, didn't make up my mind yet but will make something nice maybe. Some banana chocolate ice cream or something.
    Will check later what you got :)
  • BooMonkeyButt
    Options
    You really should try to add some more foods to your diet. You are missing out on so much! Do you really drink your k-cup black?

Yeah.
  • BooMonkeyButt
    Options
    FR send :)

But i can be brutally honest ( that's the way i am sweety)
    So yes i will support you but you have to eat at least 1200 or more... and i will check hehehe

You can do it and i will cheer you on!

I like brutally honest people because I'm the same way too. And thank you!
  • BooMonkeyButt
    Options
    555 now you still have about 700 to go Alissa for today. :)
    I still have 300 to go to, didn't make up my mind yet but will make something nice maybe. Some banana chocolate ice cream or something.
    Will check later what you got :)

Okay.
  • BooMonkeyButt
    Options
    It looks like you enjoy salad, beans, and chicken. Add in some more veggies, avocado, cheese, chicken/beef/pork, and whole grains. You might want to slow down on the Chipotle and Ramen, they are really high in sodium. Making it yourself will hopefully cut back on that a bit. You definitely need to eat more food, though. Don't be scared of "bad" foods. Enjoy treats in moderation. Use your protein goal as a minimum.

I usually don't eat Ramen but since my surgery, it's been a go to unless my fiancé is home to make food. I was under the impression that Chipotle was relatively low in sodium because it's all fresh and full of protein and veggies.

I wish it was low in sodium. I LOVE Chipotle. But all of their meats are marinaded in high sodium marinades which transfers into the meat. There is also high amounts of sodium in their guacamole, salsas and in any cheeses and sour cream. Anything fresh and natural can still be high in sodium- very very very high.

I didn't know that. Thanks for the insight!
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    Good girl Just focus on some more food thats all we take baby steps. Your tempo

and when you eat around that 1200 or more we can always look if you have some fun in cooking some stuff...

But for now just add food Drink a whole cup of almond milk eat some nuts
    A banana whatever. Go to the 1200 mark and in some time we take the next step :)
  • BooMonkeyButt
    Options
    FredDoyle wrote: »
    I know I can reach the calorie goal if I eat foods that I shouldn't. But then I look at the Nutrition tab and I'm usually over or under in some or all of the categories.
    What foods "shouldn't you eat"?

Unless there are medical reasons, there are no foods that are inherently unhealthy that you shouldn't eat. You can meet as much of your calorie goal as possible eating nutrient rich foods such as fruits, veggies, meats, carbs, and fats that you consider "healthy" but when it comes to it, you have to meet a minimum calorie goal or your body will start shutting itself down. Fill the rest in with a few indulgences once in a while. They are going to be more calorie dense and maybe less nutritional value (maybe because that is not always the case) but you are getting more benefits out of eating a bit extra than eating entirely too little.

If your mindset is that all these "unhealthy foods" is going to cause you to put the weight back on or that you have to stay under 1200 calories a day, then there may be a mental issue that you may need to seek professional help for.
    I dont understand how you could get overweight before, when you cant even eat 1200 calories a day.

I looked at your diary and if you are really honest and eat that amount you have a serious problem. You cant eat only 600 calories a day without damaging your body.

I hope you search for some professional help.

Not to be rude or anything, but what do I have to lose by not being honest? I'd only be fooling myself. I'm 100% honest in my diary. I want to lose weight and being dishonest doesn't help with that goal.

There are plenty of people out there that fool themselves in order to fool others. My mother was a hypochondriac and a compulsive liar for most of her life. She used to walk half a mile at the mall then tell people she just finished 5 miles. I don't know the brainy stuff behind it but I am positive part of it was an attention thing. Sometimes people lie to themselves in order to help themselves avoid the shocking reality. It isn't that uncommon. People here are showing concern in asking you to challenge your honesty.

Like I've said before, I'm being nothing but 100% honest. And not to be rude but I really don't care if others think I'm being honest. I can look at myself in the mirror with no problem, knowing that I'm telling the truth.
  • BooMonkeyButt
    Options
    Good girl Just focus on some more food thats all we take baby steps. Your tempo

and when you eat around that 1200 or more we can always look if you have some fun in cooking some stuff...

But for now just add food Drink a whole cup of almond milk eat some nuts
    A banana whatever. Go to the 1200 mark and in some time we take the next step :)

I just have to go to the market Tuesday. I'm getting myself as close to the goal as possible with whatever food and drinks I have in the house.
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    I believe you :) No worries about that.

Just focus now on getting some food. When we fixed that problem and your comfortable eating around the 1200 or more we take the next step ...together if you want.

when you try and willing i am there

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are going into an eating disorder mindset - especially if you are afraid of how your doctor is going to react to your very-low calorie diet.

Get some professional help asap.
  • BooMonkeyButt
    Options
    I believe you :) No worries about that.

Just focus now on getting some food. When we fixed that problem and your comfortable eating around the 1200 or more we take the next step ...together if you want.

when you try and willing i am there

Thank you so much for your advice and support. It means a lot.