Frustrated About How Much Weight To Lose Weekly. Help?

Options
12346»

Replies

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Good girl Just focus on some more food thats all we take baby steps. Your tempo

and when you eat around that 1200 or more we can always look if you have some fun in cooking some stuff...

But for now just add food Drink a whole cup of almond milk eat some nuts
    A banana whatever. Go to the 1200 mark and in some time we take the next step :)

I just have to go to the market Tuesday. I'm getting myself as close to the goal as possible with whatever food and drinks I have in the house.

good when you have eggs cook yourself an egg nice and filling drink some almond milk with it and walla over 120 calories done. :)

When not you will and have to find something.
  • BooMonkeyButt
    BooMonkeyButt Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    dakotababy wrote: »
    It sounds like you are going into an eating disorder mindset - especially if you are afraid of how your doctor is going to react to your very-low calorie diet.

Get some professional help asap.

Okay. Thanks.
  • BooMonkeyButt
    Options
    Good girl Just focus on some more food thats all we take baby steps. Your tempo

and when you eat around that 1200 or more we can always look if you have some fun in cooking some stuff...

But for now just add food Drink a whole cup of almond milk eat some nuts
    A banana whatever. Go to the 1200 mark and in some time we take the next step :)

I just have to go to the market Tuesday. I'm getting myself as close to the goal as possible with whatever food and drinks I have in the house.

good when you have eggs cook yourself an egg nice and filling drink some almond milk with it and walla over 120 calories done. :)

When not you will and have to find something.

True, true. I'll do that.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,615 Member
    Options
    Do you have fruits, veggies, peanut butter or dips in the house? I love apple or banana with peanut butter, carrots or cucumbers with dip, yogurt, cheese sticks, even frozen vegetables and canned soup. There must be something edible in your house.
  • BooMonkeyButt
    Options
    Do you have fruits, veggies, peanut butter or dips in the house? I love apple or banana with peanut butter, carrots or cucumbers with dip, yogurt, cheese sticks, even frozen vegetables and canned soup. There must be something edible in your house.

I have premade salads, cereal, Ramen, and wheat bread.
  • irene4134
    irene4134 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hie I looked at your diary dear... i think you eat almost the same food, try alternate and have variety in your meals...also have a balances diet... i dnt see enough veges and carbos and protein there... do u have protein only once a day?

Am not an expert but sometimes but changing ur food helps like have your lunch for supper, supper for bfast and bfast for lunch etc....your body must be used to the way u been eating and now in a complacent mode. .. up ur intake and accommodate exercises as well...you will b able to get out of the plateau

• BooMonkeyButt
    Options
    irene4134 wrote: »
    Hie I looked at your diary dear... i think you eat almost the same food, try alternate and have variety in your meals...also have a balances diet... i dnt see enough veges and carbos and protein there... do u have protein only once a day?

Am not an expert but sometimes but changing ur food helps like have your lunch for supper, supper for bfast and bfast for lunch etc....your body must be used to the way u been eating and now in a complacent mode. .. up ur intake and accommodate exercises as well...you will b able to get out of the plateau

I think I've become a creature of habit in terms of food but I agree that I should add more options and switch things up. Thanks for the pointers!
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    FredDoyle wrote: »
    I know I can reach the calorie goal if I eat foods that I shouldn't. But then I look at the Nutrition tab and I'm usually over or under in some or all of the categories.
    What foods "shouldn't you eat"?

Unless there are medical reasons, there are no foods that are inherently unhealthy that you shouldn't eat. You can meet as much of your calorie goal as possible eating nutrient rich foods such as fruits, veggies, meats, carbs, and fats that you consider "healthy" but when it comes to it, you have to meet a minimum calorie goal or your body will start shutting itself down. Fill the rest in with a few indulgences once in a while. They are going to be more calorie dense and maybe less nutritional value (maybe because that is not always the case) but you are getting more benefits out of eating a bit extra than eating entirely too little.

If your mindset is that all these "unhealthy foods" is going to cause you to put the weight back on or that you have to stay under 1200 calories a day, then there may be a mental issue that you may need to seek professional help for.
    I dont understand how you could get overweight before, when you cant even eat 1200 calories a day.

I looked at your diary and if you are really honest and eat that amount you have a serious problem. You cant eat only 600 calories a day without damaging your body.

I hope you search for some professional help.

Not to be rude or anything, but what do I have to lose by not being honest? I'd only be fooling myself. I'm 100% honest in my diary. I want to lose weight and being dishonest doesn't help with that goal.

There are plenty of people out there that fool themselves in order to fool others. My mother was a hypochondriac and a compulsive liar for most of her life. She used to walk half a mile at the mall then tell people she just finished 5 miles. I don't know the brainy stuff behind it but I am positive part of it was an attention thing. Sometimes people lie to themselves in order to help themselves avoid the shocking reality. It isn't that uncommon. People here are showing concern in asking you to challenge your honesty.

Like I've said before, I'm being nothing but 100% honest. And not to be rude but I really don't care if others think I'm being honest. I can look at myself in the mirror with no problem, knowing that I'm telling the truth.

And that is fine. But you asked why someone might think you were being dishonest. None of us here know you personally and therefore no one can know your level of honesty. I was just stating why someone might think that. I didn't say I did. Was just giving a point of view so that you understood where they might be coming from. People lie all the time about stupid things. It creates a lot of distrust in the world. And by people questioning things and getting to the root of the problem, they can better understand to help you. Also, I would say they may not have been implying that you were lying- but may have been implying that you may be accidentally, on some level, logging inaccurately.

If I am stepping out of place sorry, but is there the chance that you haven't been eating properly because you don't have the money to afford much? Again, I don't know you so just trying to better understand things. I've just seen several mentions of ramen and that automatically makes me think college student with little to no income. Ramen was a staple in our house when my husband and I first got married because we were broke all the time! It became a bit of a comfort food lol. But I try to stay away from it because of the high sodium.
  • BooMonkeyButt
    Options
    FredDoyle wrote: »
    I know I can reach the calorie goal if I eat foods that I shouldn't. But then I look at the Nutrition tab and I'm usually over or under in some or all of the categories.
    What foods "shouldn't you eat"?

Unless there are medical reasons, there are no foods that are inherently unhealthy that you shouldn't eat. You can meet as much of your calorie goal as possible eating nutrient rich foods such as fruits, veggies, meats, carbs, and fats that you consider "healthy" but when it comes to it, you have to meet a minimum calorie goal or your body will start shutting itself down. Fill the rest in with a few indulgences once in a while. They are going to be more calorie dense and maybe less nutritional value (maybe because that is not always the case) but you are getting more benefits out of eating a bit extra than eating entirely too little.

If your mindset is that all these "unhealthy foods" is going to cause you to put the weight back on or that you have to stay under 1200 calories a day, then there may be a mental issue that you may need to seek professional help for.
    I dont understand how you could get overweight before, when you cant even eat 1200 calories a day.

I looked at your diary and if you are really honest and eat that amount you have a serious problem. You cant eat only 600 calories a day without damaging your body.

I hope you search for some professional help.

Not to be rude or anything, but what do I have to lose by not being honest? I'd only be fooling myself. I'm 100% honest in my diary. I want to lose weight and being dishonest doesn't help with that goal.

There are plenty of people out there that fool themselves in order to fool others. My mother was a hypochondriac and a compulsive liar for most of her life. She used to walk half a mile at the mall then tell people she just finished 5 miles. I don't know the brainy stuff behind it but I am positive part of it was an attention thing. Sometimes people lie to themselves in order to help themselves avoid the shocking reality. It isn't that uncommon. People here are showing concern in asking you to challenge your honesty.

Like I've said before, I'm being nothing but 100% honest. And not to be rude but I really don't care if others think I'm being honest. I can look at myself in the mirror with no problem, knowing that I'm telling the truth.

And that is fine. But you asked why someone might think you were being dishonest. None of us here know you personally and therefore no one can know your level of honesty. I was just stating why someone might think that. I didn't say I did. Was just giving a point of view so that you understood where they might be coming from. People lie all the time about stupid things. It creates a lot of distrust in the world. And by people questioning things and getting to the root of the problem, they can better understand to help you. Also, I would say they may not have been implying that you were lying- but may have been implying that you may be accidentally, on some level, logging inaccurately.

If I am stepping out of place sorry, but is there the chance that you haven't been eating properly because you don't have the money to afford much? Again, I don't know you so just trying to better understand things. I've just seen several mentions of ramen and that automatically makes me think college student with little to no income. Ramen was a staple in our house when my husband and I first got married because we were broke all the time! It became a bit of a comfort food lol. But I try to stay away from it because of the high sodium.

I understand where you're coming from. Money has been a little tight since I've been unable to work since November due to having surgery the week before Christmas and now, I'm recovering. My fiancé and I are living off of his paycheck alone so we're doing the best we can. I eat Ramen only as a last resort because of the high sodium.
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it is definitely hard sometimes to budget healthy eating options and plenty of them when you are tight on finances. Do you have a bulk store near you such as Costco, Sams or the likes? That is one of the only reasons we have been able to make this transition. For a family of four living off my husbands income, it gets tight. Between the kids growing out of and needing new clothes every 6 months or so, diapers, wipes, formula and various other expenses, buying at a bulk discount store has really been a life saver. We buy almost everything there and it can be a little expensive up front because you are buying in bulk but it lasts so much longer so you don't need to buy things as often save a few random things that go bad too quickly (like milk).

I still give in to an occasional bowl of ramen :smile:
  • BooMonkeyButt
    Options
    Yeah, it is definitely hard sometimes to budget healthy eating options and plenty of them when you are tight on finances. Do you have a bulk store near you such as Costco, Sams or the likes? That is one of the only reasons we have been able to make this transition. For a family of four living off my husbands income, it gets tight. Between the kids growing out of and needing new clothes every 6 months or so, diapers, wipes, formula and various other expenses, buying at a bulk discount store has really been a life saver. We buy almost everything there and it can be a little expensive up front because you are buying in bulk but it lasts so much longer so you don't need to buy things as often save a few random things that go bad too quickly (like milk).

I still give in to an occasional bowl of ramen :smile:

I think there's a BJ's close to where we leave. Our one reservation about going there is that we share an apartment with a roommate so there isn't too much room to store what we won't be using right away. I never liked Ramen until I had my surgery and I had to eat soup but my fiancé would always buy it prior and I was grossed out by it. It's funny how things turn out lol.