Do you believe in the paranormal?

Options

Replies

• determined_ella
    determined_ella Posts: 4,354 Member
    Options
    Yaow, well i
    MYDejaVue wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I saw a ghost when I was seventeen. Have you seen anything?

Also- if someone could direct me to where I can get my username changed, that would be super!
    Happy fitday!
    emdeesea wrote: »
    No - I don't.

But I also won't say Bloody Mary three times in the mirror, either.

I'm a conundrum ;)

That's indoctrination. You probably heard that story when you were really young and impressionable.

That's how the church gets them too.

After my Mother passed away, she came around almost daily. I could smell her brand of cigarette smoke, even though she had quitter 25 years ago. Once got her in a picture we took after cleaning some antiques she had collected.
    Other ghosts here as well. We have had a residential ghost here since moving in A child's ghost. Plays with lights, makes music on a baby toy keyboard. One time some keys disappeared. They were for a cabinet our Father used, off limits to my brothers and I. The whole family looked all over for them with no luck. A year or so later we moved to another state. Took some belongings, others went into storage while the house was rented out. A few more years passed after we returned to the house. One day there they were, just sitting on the corner of the table. No one had put them there. They just WERE. Yes. I have had close contact. Want more? Contact me.
    Well if this is "evidence" put me down as unimpressed.

I've never wanted to gently poke someone in the eye so much in my life, as much as I do right now : :joy:
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    Yaow, well i
    MYDejaVue wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I saw a ghost when I was seventeen. Have you seen anything?

Also- if someone could direct me to where I can get my username changed, that would be super!
    Happy fitday!
    emdeesea wrote: »
    No - I don't.

But I also won't say Bloody Mary three times in the mirror, either.

I'm a conundrum ;)

That's indoctrination. You probably heard that story when you were really young and impressionable.

That's how the church gets them too.

After my Mother passed away, she came around almost daily. I could smell her brand of cigarette smoke, even though she had quitter 25 years ago. Once got her in a picture we took after cleaning some antiques she had collected.
    Other ghosts here as well. We have had a residential ghost here since moving in A child's ghost. Plays with lights, makes music on a baby toy keyboard. One time some keys disappeared. They were for a cabinet our Father used, off limits to my brothers and I. The whole family looked all over for them with no luck. A year or so later we moved to another state. Took some belongings, others went into storage while the house was rented out. A few more years passed after we returned to the house. One day there they were, just sitting on the corner of the table. No one had put them there. They just WERE. Yes. I have had close contact. Want more? Contact me.
    Well if this is "evidence" put me down as unimpressed.

I've never wanted to gently poke someone in the eye so much in my life, as much as I do right now : :joy:
    Yes I know, I am such a jerk because I ask for rigorous evidence commensurate to the claim.

If one doesn't rule out perfectly natural explanations first, then one is not only jumping to conclusions, but indulging in wishful thinking. Furthermore, I've already laid out the epistemology difficulty in appealing to supernatural claims -- which was ignored.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    If you say there are no ghosts, then how do explain all my missing socks, HUH????
    Options
    If you say there are no ghosts, then how do explain all my missing socks, HUH????
    Touche!
  • LoneWolfRunner
    Options
    There used to be a house on our block that we thought was haunted, because you'd hear people screaming inside and because people who went in never came out. Later on we found out it was just a murderer's house.
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    There used to be a house on our block that we thought was haunted, because you'd hear people screaming inside and because people who went in never came out. Later on we found out it was just a murderer's house.
    LOL> Reality can be scary enough without making stuff up.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    Options
    You know I was joking, right? :)
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    While there may be forces in the Universe that we do not understand, I believe that the so called paranormal is a bunch of BS.
  • TheDoughnutTheif
    TheDoughnutTheif Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Nope. Never seen one, heard one, felt one, etc. Science hasn't supported any entities of paranormal activity nor have any actually been captured and authenticated.
    Ghosts, spirits, souls, etc. are just something that people WANT to believe in so that there's an explanation of unexplained events that may happen in their life.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Science can't even explain all of itself. So how is to say? I have an open mind but no I have never had an experience.
  • MusicalSharon52
    MusicalSharon52 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That's the definition of the word BELIEVE. To believe is not expecting scientific proof. And I'm not talking about Hollywood or Halloween concepts of ghosts. I mean the real ones.
    You either belive in ghosts or not. If you don't believe, no one can convince you. If you do believe, you can't be convinced they don't exist.
  • MusicalSharon52
    Options
    Sox missing are the ghoul in the dryer. Not a ghost.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I do believe, simply because I know science (Bio major with lots of lab experience), and I know that it can't explain some of what I've been through. I'm also a wiccan, so there's that. Can't find anything but magic to explain why my spells work out
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    One time this green, slimey spirit thing ate a bunch of hot dogs from my fridge.....
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    This planet is approximately 5 billion years old and something or someone has died on every square inch of it. I do believe that people BELIEVE they have seen or experienced something that they THINK was paranormal, but that something actually exists - no, I don't, and frankly, I think it's silliness.
  • MusicalSharon52
    Options
    We lived in the UK a few years on a British RAF base. One of the buildings there is a hospital set up for patients,in case room runs out in other bases nearby. There is a ghost in that building that makes rounds checking each room:lights on, lights off. Next room same thing. Then upstairs. Same thing but going the opposite direction. This ghost was there when we got there, still there when we left. Seen by many people. Ghosts being harmful is a Hollywood ghost. Not a real one.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,557 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Nope. Never seen one, heard one, felt one, etc. Science hasn't supported any entities of paranormal activity nor have any actually been captured and authenticated.
    Ghosts, spirits, souls, etc. are just something that people WANT to believe in so that there's an explanation of unexplained events that may happen in their life.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Science can't even explain all of itself. So how is to say? I have an open mind but no I have never had an experience.
    Well let's just say that science can't prove/disprove that "paranormal" entities exist. Kinda like religion, it's based more on faith. Personally I'm not one who uses faith as basis for evidence.
    So I'm never afraid of "evil" or spirits or demons etc. because I don't happen to believe they exist. Fear of things that don't exist really deter people from achieving greater things in life.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I have seen Rick Moranis turn into a dog.....
  • SubZeroDude
    SubZeroDude Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I've had paranormal experiences while in sleep paralysis, but that could be because of the whole half dreaming thing, or the insidious movies could be real, who knows.

Also, when at home, I get that creepy vibe of 3:00 am. Think that's the witch's hour or whatever

My mom's side of the family has lots of "paranormal" stories, pagan stuff
  • SubZeroDude
    SubZeroDude Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Also, I've made sigil's that were "successful", but being skeptical, pretty sure they were placebo. Similar to how the Deity Challenge is placebo, although some say it's not