How to motivate my girlfriend to exercise?

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

OP do you want to date me?????

Srs, I'd love someone to help meal prep and hit the gym with me. I guess I'm stuck doing it on my own for now though.

pm me pics and we can talk …

JK …

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    did OP ever come back after page one????? LOL
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have been through this many many many times with my girlfriend. Its not easy.... and there is always tears. we both put on around 20kg after we met in the first couple years

I went from setting up her MFP, cooking 99% of meals and helping log calories. Taking out for training and walks all of it.

None of this helped as she wasent motivated, cant do anything about it, she would cry and argue thinking i was always wanting to walk the long way with hills haha

These days i just do what i gotta do, She knows what she needs to do and yes i still get on her back.

Ask her if shes going to the gym, ask her if shes logged blah blah

Its a *kitten* nightmare sometimes i feel like im training and logging and being accountable x2

Especially the time she was not loosing weight for ages then one day admitted she has been sneaking in ice creams and chocolate bars during the day - i was pretty heart broken that day because i felt like i had let her down for some reason, being to pushy and making her sneak food in

Yet still complains she can never find clothes to wear and always so self conscious

Its not an easy road mate but end of the day you have two choices

Stick by her or leave her

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    did OP ever come back after page one????? LOL

Yeah, I don't think so.
  • iwillsucceed0444
    iwillsucceed0444 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

OP do you want to date me?????

Srs, I'd love someone to help meal prep and hit the gym with me. I guess I'm stuck doing it on my own for now though.

pm me pics and we can talk …

JK …

Resume updated and sent.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    konoha457 wrote: »
    I feel like her lifestyle is really affecting our relationship. I love her to death and she is still very beautiful in my eyes, but just the thought of her unhealthy lifestyle has diminished my sex drive.

If you've gotten to the point that you don't want to be with your GF in this way, I suggest you really think about the relationship. That is definitely not "loving her to death" like you say. You're just fooling yourself when you say she's still beautiful in your eyes, yet you don't wanna touch her.

This jumped out at me too. I don't know many men who could find a woman attractive but not bring themselves to sleep with her because she lives an "unhealthy lifestyle." If you're no longer attracted to her, at least have the balls to own it.

• LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    I've only gotten up to page 5 so far, but what if the problem with the food prep isn't about his "controlling" her at all? What if, well, his new recipes just plain don't taste good?

OP, what sorts of "healthy" dishes are you making for her?

My husband fancies himself a chef and some of his dishes are amazing and others are, well, just plain inedible to me. I just...no. Nope. And I know he feels the same way about my cooking. Some dishes he can't keep his hands off of, others he douses with hot sauce to kill all other taste, says a little prayer, closes his eyes and just tries to get them down the hatch. Some, he'll skip entirely and just make a dish for himself.

• lieutenant_dan457
    lieutenant_dan457 Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I would like to thank everyone for their strong feedback. It's true that I cannot force change upon anyone and it is wrong of me to think that I can. To all that have said it, patience is key, and while we may have our differences, I will always stick by her side because I love her for who she is. Whether or not she does want to change, it will have to be her own choice. Until then, all I can at least do is lead by example and hope she sees it for herself. :)