June = 30 Day Shred... who is with me?

Options

Replies

• TheMiddlePath
    TheMiddlePath Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    If Jillian Micheals was less annoying, I would totally be in! Sadly that is not the case. :(

ha! my jiggly fat is more annoying than JM ;)
  • TheMiddlePath
    Options
    Did it three months ago, felt so much stronger. I'm currently doing a 90 day program which I'm enjoying. Just wanted to say good luck to everyone. Level 2 was my favorite out of the levels.

When i did it someone posted the link to the food: http://images.agoramedia.com/jillianmichaels/cms/jillian-michaels-ripped-in-30-meal-plan-v.pdf

I didn't follow the food but still lost a good amount of inches and whatnot

nice! great to hear that feedback! are you doing the JM body revolution 90 day program now?

thanks for the link to the food. I'm going to check it out :)
  • TheMiddlePath
    Options
    I'm game..I'm going buy it now..I can start in the morning

Sweet! Look forward to seeing your completed post tomorrow!
  • strongscars
    Options
    what is the 30 day shred
  • TheMiddlePath
    Options
    what is the 30 day shred

Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred exercise program

You can find each of the levels on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8
  • demarii06
    demarii06 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Day 2 completed! I forgot to put my starting stats yesterday.
    SW: 350
    CW: 285
    GW: 270 (for challenge)
  • skroops
    skroops Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello all! :). This is my first post on the MFP forums, but I have been using the app to track my food on and off for the past two years to help me lose my pregnancy weight, but have never used the message boards. I have started the 30DS at least three times before but have never finished. I always quit in the middle. But I am DETERMINED to get through all 30 days this time and I would love the support and accountability of belonging to this group.

I started on may 23rd and have completed 9 days of level 1 so far. (I did skip two days in there --I do a rest day every 5 days or so). So, one more day of level one and then I'm moving on to level 2. I am really motivated to stick with it this time because even after only 9 workouts, I definitely see and feel a difference in my body and even the hubby said he notices it too! :). So it's definitely working. And since its really only about 20 minutes long I feel like it is really manageable and I don't feel like I am doing some crazy 60 minute program like insanity or something.

So anyways, thanks for getting this group together. Looking forward to the support! :)
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Promised myself I would start the 30 Day Shred June 1st. It is now 12:30am. I don't feel like doing it but I`m going to get my hiney up and do it. If I keep putting it off I will never start it. Good Luck everyone. Keep up the Awesome work. Make sure to take pictures and measurements so you can compare then in 30 days. Bring it on Jillian.... :)

THATS WHAT I DID haha...I had a SUPER long day on saturday (June 1) but I promised myself I would before that as well.....so I ended up doing it at 12:30 am haha....had to not jump so hard as to not wake everyone up, but hey I did it right!? Its kinda shaping up like I'll be doing it late tonight too eeps!
  • SamiMassey
    SamiMassey Posts: 19 Member
    Options

Welcome!

How was the first workout?

Not doing a strict diet. Just trying to eat clean. I have my macros set to 40 protein, 30 carbs, 30 fat. trying to avoid wheat, sugar and dairy :) Good luck!

First workout was good thanks - I did end up being a bit of a sweaty mess at the end, but I didn't take any breaks and felt good afterwards :) It was quite enjoyable looking back on it...

Thanks for the food advice - I usually eat healthy food too, but I just need to kick my habit of eating sweets when I'm bored to pass time. I dunno if anyone else has this problem? It's such a bad habit of mine
  • TheMiddlePath
    Options
    Day 2 completed! I forgot to put my starting stats yesterday.
    SW: 350
    CW: 285
    GW: 270 (for challenge)

Excellent! WTG :)
  • TheMiddlePath
    Options
    Hello all! :). This is my first post on the MFP forums, but I have been using the app to track my food on and off for the past two years to help me lose my pregnancy weight, but have never used the message boards. I have started the 30DS at least three times before but have never finished. I always quit in the middle. But I am DETERMINED to get through all 30 days this time and I would love the support and accountability of belonging to this group.

I started on may 23rd and have completed 9 days of level 1 so far. (I did skip two days in there --I do a rest day every 5 days or so). So, one more day of level one and then I'm moving on to level 2. I am really motivated to stick with it this time because even after only 9 workouts, I definitely see and feel a difference in my body and even the hubby said he notices it too! :). So it's definitely working. And since its really only about 20 minutes long I feel like it is really manageable and I don't feel like I am doing some crazy 60 minute program like insanity or something.

So anyways, thanks for getting this group together. Looking forward to the support! :)

WOW...that's great to hear! You're already seeing a difference and he is too!!! You're right...other than the warm up and cool down - it's just 18 min...at least level 1. We can do 18 min for 30 days!!!! I know how you feel. Though I haven't started this program before - I've started many others. I am determined.

You are so welcome. THANK YOU for joining and commenting and inspiring me :)
  • TheMiddlePath
    Options
    Promised myself I would start the 30 Day Shred June 1st. It is now 12:30am. I don't feel like doing it but I`m going to get my hiney up and do it. If I keep putting it off I will never start it. Good Luck everyone. Keep up the Awesome work. Make sure to take pictures and measurements so you can compare then in 30 days. Bring it on Jillian.... :)

THATS WHAT I DID haha...I had a SUPER long day on saturday (June 1) but I promised myself I would before that as well.....so I ended up doing it at 12:30 am haha....had to not jump so hard as to not wake everyone up, but hey I did it right!? Its kinda shaping up like I'll be doing it late tonight too eeps!

LOVE IT! Soft landings use more muscles anyways ;) Whenever you do it as long as you do it, right?! CONGRATS!
  • buttercup32472
    Options
    I'm in!
    I've never made it to level 3.

Day 1 starts tomorrow for me. :happy:
  • mjoshua87
    mjoshua87 Posts: 50
    Options
    I did the shred for 3 months 1 month per level and Lost 24 lbs and 15 inches from doing it 5 or more days a week. I recommend it and i wish you all lots of success . Just stick with it yell or tell her off if you have too I did hahaha just stick with it!!:)
  • TheMiddlePath
    Options
    I'm in!
    I've never made it to level 3.

Day 1 starts tomorrow for me. :happy:

You will get there this time! It's your month! Welcome :)
  • TheMiddlePath
    Options
    I did the shred for 3 months 1 month per level and Lost 24 lbs and 15 inches from doing it 5 or more days a week. I recommend it and i wish you all lots of success . Just stick with it yell or tell her off if you have too I did hahaha just stick with it!!:)

WOW! Thanks for sharing your results and CONGRATS on your achievements!

Thanks for the positive words :)
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I'm in.. What days are you going to rest?

I don't think there are rest days. Looks like you do each level for 10 days.

This is incorrect. Jillian herself has said that never intended her workouts to be back-to-back. "30 Day Shred" means 30 days of workouts, not you finish in 30 days.

Rest days are just as important as workout days. WHen I did 30DS I did 3 days on, one day off. Please make sure you are giving your muscles time to repair themselves to avoid burning out, or getting injured.
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it since may. I'm on level 2 day 4 so good luck to all ya'll. You're going to see change but you really do have to push yourself.
  • Andrea8985
    Andrea8985 Posts: 107
    Options
    I'm in! Started the program May 27th, but am including rest days (otherwise I'd be so sore I'd never finish!).

My weight on May 27th was 200.2 lbs.
  • Newfiegirl68
    Options
    I'm on level 1, day 7 of 30 Day Shred. It is a great work out and I'm still sweating and beat out. I have noticed that my stamina has increased and doing the exercises is becoming easier. I'm committed to completing the whole program in the 30 days. I can't wait to see Jillian has in store for level 2, excited and kind of scared.