Formally 'fat girl' look...

Options

Replies

• maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm naturally skinny. I only weighed 7lb once...bit more now right enough.

So jealous.

My lowest weight was 8lbs, 6oz. You're so lucky to be naturally small like that.

6lbs. 12 oz. here... I was a waif.
    10lbs 8oz

I've always been chubby :sad:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's such a rude thing to say.

So...you want to lose weight to 'look good'? And not look 'fat'? What about worrying about your health and doing it for your future, for your lungs, for your heart, for your kids?

If you have kids, I really hope you do not project these kind of hateful things to them. Who cares if those females you mentioned have rounder faces. It's genetics. It's bone structure. It's not a big deal! Shallow!

"To look good" is a legit reason. Did you decide to lose weight so your high horse wouldn't struggle so much?

tumblr_m6bcakUKWR1qltuf1o1_500.gif
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    HEY! Judgy judgersons!!! Y'all may want to turn that burning, harsh judging ability you obviously have perfected on yourselves for a change. Look in the and be mean. Don't project it onto other people to save yourself the pain of the truth. Then maybe you will realize that happiness comes from health, good people, and like who you are. And probably a lot of other things that i fail to mention. I am not perfect but I am pretty happy most of the time. Oh, and NOT being an a-hole to people you've never even met.

A lot of you are wonderful and hilarious, I hope you realize that.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I just don't want to look flabby and my face to look old and gaunt. Those are my concerns.

Well, when you get to goal (and this is your first day, right?) please post before and after pictures. I'm sure someone will be just as honest with you - as you are being about others that have lost weight.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

So jealous.

My lowest weight was 8lbs, 6oz. You're so lucky to be naturally small like that.

6lbs. 12 oz. here... I was a waif.
    10lbs 8oz

I've always been chubby :sad:

6lb 13oz, so naturally pretty tiny really...
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options

So jealous.

I was doomed to be fat from the get go. My lowest was 9lbs 9oz. :sad: :sad: :sad:

I was 9lbs. as well. :cry:
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Losing weight =/= body recomposition
  • rgohm
    rgohm Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I think they both look pretty damn good. They look healthier and awesomely curvy. Koodos to them. I'd rather look like a "former fat girl" then the fat girl I am now.

^^yes
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    And looking like they do is a hell of a lot better than looking fat, in my opinion.

tumblr_lzwagsA2Bs1r7n0dh.gif
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    HEY! Judgy judgersons!!! Y'all may want to turn that burning, harsh judging ability you obviously have perfected on yourselves for a change. Look in the and be mean. Don't project it onto other people to save yourself the pain of the truth. Then maybe you will realize that happiness comes from health, good people, and like who you are. And probably a lot of other things that i fail to mention. I am not perfect but I am pretty happy most of the time. Oh, and NOT being an a-hole to people you've never even met.

In all seriousness:

Who better to be an a-hole to than people you've never met?
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    "To look good" is a legit reason. Did you decide to lose weight so your high horse wouldn't struggle so much?

Laughing my formally fatter a%% off!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    faith in humanity dwindling rapidly
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

So jealous.

I was doomed to be fat from the get go. My lowest was 9lbs 9oz. :sad: :sad: :sad:

I was 6lbs even
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options

In all seriousness:

Who better to be an a-hole to than people you've never met?

Whats the point of being an a hole? So you feel better about yourself? So everyone can see how tough you are?
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I want my body to look like Kelly Rowland's. She is naturally thin and lean. I don't want the skinnyfat look

You will only look like Kelly Rowland if you have the same body type as she does. If you don't, there is nothing that you can do to change that. Learn to love your body for what it is.
    You're right. I just want that very toned and lean look that Kelly Rowland and Rihanna have. You can tell they are naturally skinny women.

Yes, and if you are here trying to lose weight, I'm assuming that you are not naturally thin.

I'm 5'8 and 160lbs. I used to be slimmer a few years ago but gained the weight due to depression. I just want my body to be very toned when I get down to 135lbs again.

Then you need to worry more about body fat ratios than pounds. Rihanna is probably about an 18% body fat ratio. She's actually thinner up-close in person than in photos.

do I need to buy a body fat calculator ?

No, not a body fat calculator. Counselling I think. Try to figure out why you have this insane urge to disrespect people for their achievements. When someone takes measures to improve their health we should be applauding that, not disrespecting them for not being "naturally" that way. If someone has cancer and they beat it do we disrespect that and say well, you should be naturally cancer free and you aren't so that really sucks for you? No we are happy they have gotten healthy and didn't die. Well for some losing weight is the same thing, if they don't lose weight they face serious health issues. Some will still have serious health issues even after losing a lot of weight age related issues, or auto immune issues, or they may still have consequences from having been terribly overweight. That didn't happen to the women you mentioned and I am glad they never faced those consequences, but if they had kept letting their weight go out of control they could have. They didn't and we should be happy for them.

:heart: agree!!
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with someone wondering what they might look like after losing weight, and looking to people who've been public about it (or had to be) to compare possibilities. It is reassuring to know what can happen.
    Losing weight =/= body recomposition

^ yup.

& like someone else said - it was about a year before I 'settled'. Physical activity makes the difference with me, as far as I can tell. Reducing activity (as recently happened bc of injury/pain) makes me go fluffy again, even when I'm at the low or mid range of the BMI. Fat cells don't die, they shrink; got to keep muscle volume up to look firm; it's a lifelong, lifestyle change you're after.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what would be formal about being fat previously.
  • Bearbrat
    Bearbrat Posts: 230
    Options

So jealous.

I was 6lbs even
    I used to be 5 lbs 8 oz........I've gained a ton of weight :sad:
  • watermillion
    watermillion Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    http://www.hollywoodbackwash.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/rihanna-bikini.gif

When I get down to 130lbs, this is how I want my body to look. A smooth, even toned, non cellulite look. Rihanna has no flab. I don't care about a six pack or having muscles in my arm but I don't want them to be flabby. Im not sure if Rihanna works out to look like that or its just genetics and a good diet. Is it possible for someone to work out and have that toned look w/o defined muscles?
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    http://www.hollywoodbackwash.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/rihanna-bikini.gif

When I get down to 130lbs, this is how I want my body to look. A smooth, even toned, non cellulite look. Rihanna has no flab. I don't care about a six pack or having muscles in my arm but I don't want them to be flabby. Im not sure if Rihanna works out to look like that or its just genetics and a good diet. Is it possible for someone to work out and have that toned look w/o defined muscles?

Sure, just keep a bit of body fat over top of it.
    'defined' = muscle + little fat
    Rihanna = muscle + some fat
    the look you're worried about = little muscle + some fat

But of course, everyone's different in terms of how easily they make and hang onto muscle, how densely connected their fat/skin, etc. That's genetics. But you can alter some of how it looks with nutrition and exercise.