Matt Smith to leave Dr Who

Options
Flixie00
Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
BBC website states that Matt Smith is to sign off as Dr Who with the Xmas 2013 episode to be his last.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22741493

Any preferences on who should replace him?

Replies

• Flixie00
    Options
    Any Dr Who fans?
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I think Matt Smith is a brilliant Dr Who, no idea as yet who might be a good replacement.
  • aquinoz
    aquinoz Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    BBC website states that Matt Smith is to sign off as Dr Who with the Xmas 2013 episode to be his last.

I don't watch Dr. Who, but I think Will Smith should replace Matt Smith.lol
  • BeckyJayneGJ
    BeckyJayneGJ Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The second I saw the official tweet from the Doctor Who Twitter my heart sank a bit. Knew it was coming but eurghhh. Don't know if I can love another Doctor. Took a while to love Smith after Tennant (my fave), and doing it all again is harrrd!

It was clear he was going though. He's lopped all his hair off for a start. Ahh well. Bring on the 50th Anniversary episode!
  • Flixie00
    Options

I don't watch Dr. Who, but I think Will Smith should replace Matt Smith.lol

I don't think Dr Who fans will tolerate a Scientologist as the new Dr :wink:
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I am not sure who I would pick. Maybe Cumberbatch?

I feel bad for whoever it is, new Dr.s always get so much hate. Matt was torn a part when he started now people love him. People hate change.
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other poster. It took me a long time (and lots of anger) to accept Matt after David. I would prefer David back but that's not going to happen :sad:
  • BeckyJayneGJ
    BeckyJayneGJ Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am not sure who I would pick. Maybe Cumberbatch?

I feel bad for whoever it is, new Dr.s always get so much hate. Matt was torn a part when he started now people love him. People hate change.

Oh God not Cumberbatch. He'd never do it anyway now his film career is up and running. Also he's the title character in another Moffat/Gatiss show so that's not going to happen twice. It'll probs be another (relatively) unknown actor like the last 3.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Anyone apart from Sylvester McCoy....
  • micheabr
    micheabr Posts: 72
    Options
    It's about time! I loved David Tennant as the doctor but when Matt Smith took over I don't like him so stopped watching lol. Hope the next doctor is a good one
  • BohoLovin
    BohoLovin Posts: 19
    Options
    Sooooo Sad! Matt Smith as the Doctor has been my favorite! Don't Hate me Tennant lovers, but I prefer him over Tennant. I like Tennant a lot too, but Matt Smith is awesome. No idea who will be next though. Is Clara sticking around? I wouldn't mind getting a new companion...
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    That's a shame but it has to happen! I usually prefer the old series but I love Matt Smith as the doctor and it has encouraged me to watch more of the new stuff, my partner who is the big Doctor Who fan and absolutely loves him, luckily I've just bought the series 5 blu-ray box set for my partner to watch while I'm in hospital but I'm sure I'll watch it again.
  • What316
    What316 Posts: 563
    Options
    No but I'm glad didn't warm to him like tenant or chris eccillson hope they go older next
  • hungryhobbit1
    hungryhobbit1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    My daughter is freaking out.
  • RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    I am excited, I learnt to love Matt but I want to see the next doctor already
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    My heart just sank. There will never be another Doctor as great as Matt Smith. He had the right face for it. He had the ability because of his facial structure and his acting skills to look so old. He was the only one so far that was able to translate how old the Doctor truly is, and he does it only with his eyes. It's brilliant, really. I'm sure I won't hate the next Doctor, but I know he won't be as good as Matt lol. I hope that it's someone that comes along that no one has heard of. If freaking Benedict Cumbersnatch was the next Doctor, though, I'd have to stop watching.
  • RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    My heart just sank. There will never be another Doctor as great as Matt Smith. He had the right face for it. He had the ability because of his facial structure and his acting skills to look so old. He was the only one so far that was able to translate how old the Doctor truly is, and he does it only with his eyes. It's brilliant, really. I'm sure I won't hate the next Doctor, but I know he won't be as good as Matt lol. I hope that it's someone that comes along that no one has heard of. If freaking Benedict Cumbersnatch was the next Doctor, though, I'd have to stop watching.
    if Benedict were the next doctor I would be like wow wow wow wow and the universe would explode of Wholock
  • cheesyrunner
    cheesyrunner Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    bring back david tennant. he was perf. :sad:
  • usflygirl55
    usflygirl55 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Oh, NO! I love Matt Smith as the Doctor. He is the reason I started watching Doctor Who. May stop watching it once he leaves.....at least I will have more time then. :(
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    j65455_zps0da86e3b.gif

I didn't think I'd like Smith but he's really grown on me. It's always an adjustment though.