Matt Smith to leave Dr Who

Options

Replies

• mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    Honestly, there have been so many Dr. Who's ( I watched every week in the seventies!). The show may still survive.
    I really need to start watching some of the new shows:p
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I want an actor that we're not already familiar with. A relative unknown.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I want an actor that we're not already familiar with. A relative unknown.

Me too. I loved Tennant, but for the first five episodes or something all I kept thinking was "When did Barty Jr. get rid of his tick?" I want someone I'm not going to have that problem with.
  • RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    I want somebody super hot XD
  • sdbart
    sdbart Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    What do you all say to the Doctor being a female?
  • EngineerPrincess
    EngineerPrincess Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    We need a ginger. :D
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    What do you all say to the Doctor being a female?

No no no. And also, no. The Doctor is a male >:(
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    One of the three greatest English actors ever.
    Hugh Laurie, Rowan Atkinson, or Jason Statham.
  • Pink_turnip
    Pink_turnip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be sad to see him go :(
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I think he should magically morph back into...

Christopher-Eccleston1.jpg

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

A girl can dream...
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options

^^^ This!!!
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Maybe they were serious about making John Hurt the next doctor? Althought I doubt that as I see the comedic value of his character taking an absolute nose dive. I honestly can't think of anyone else. Simon Pegg maybe?
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Nooo! I love him as Dr Who. Don't leave Matt! *crys*

No clue who could replace him though.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Options

^^^ This!!!

I'd maybe take one of the Phelps twins.

Weasley-Twins-famous-twins-388287_302_400.jpg
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Simon Pegg's already been in the series but that doesn't mean much as the actress that plays Martha Jones (her name is escaping me atm) was also in a previous episode, not as Martha Jones.

It took me forever to warm up to Matt Smith after all the love that I have for David Tennat and even now I'm not really sad to hear of his leaving. I just hope that the next doctor is easier for me to enjoy than Matt Smith is.
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit sad - it's taken a little while for me to warm up to Matt Smith and I'll be sad to see him go (not as sad as I was with David Tennant...) - it'll be interesting to see who fills the Doctor's shoes. I agree with an unknown and it would be nice if he were ginger. I've heard Rupert Grint's name tossed around on the ginger front, but I just can't see him in that role...

Well, another fandom I'm a part of survived Twilicorn, I supposed the Whovians will survive this...geronimo!
  • robdel302
    Options
    Simon Pegg's already been in the series but that doesn't mean much as the actress that plays Martha Jones (her name is escaping me atm) was also in a previous episode, not as Martha Jones.

I forgot about that episode way back when. They could show the Rowan Atkinson spoof just to mess with everybody.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Didn't anyone see the season finale? This kinda brings in some explanation there, but I think we're going to see a mishmash of time streams of epic proportions. And as much as I love Matt Smith, he's lasted longer than any Doctor, I would think. I just really hope that whomever they bring in is able to develop the Doctor's personality along the lines that Matt took from David who took from Chris... Which will be the tipping point for me. Matt Smith's incarnation of the the Doctor is who I have always believed him to truly be - a bit goofy, unhinged, mad, confident, and truly unpredictable.

I saw this coming a mile away though with several developments, including some of the leaks coming out of the 50th Anniversary episode. I have some theories.... the leading one being that we might actually be nearing the end of the most epic story in all of media history. We now know the whole story of River, Clara, Amy, Rory, etc... even Rose and Martha. I dunno... but I am rather worried that we may see the Doctor's story ending as well.

{rant} After spending two days surrounded by Tenths at the Denver Comic Con and NOT ONE Doctor Who fan able to tell me who my cosplay character was, I'm a teensy bit miffed at all of the fandom, so it's not personal. I couldn't even get mistaken as Oswin for crying out loud. (Seriously, though, I blame that on Denver... we still are a bit hickville) {/rant} It's not like Jenny was forgettable this season! :P
  • robdel302
    Options
    And as much as I love Matt Smith, he's lasted longer than any Doctor, I would think.

{rant} After spending two days surrounded by Tenths at the Denver Comic Con and NOT ONE Doctor Who fan able to tell me who my cosplay character was, I'm a teensy bit miffed at all of the fandom, so it's not personal. I couldn't even get mistaken as Oswin for crying out loud. (Seriously, though, I blame that on Denver... we still are a bit hickville) {/rant} It's not like Jenny was forgettable this season! :P

Tom Baker lasted seven consecutive season. But in regards to the latest show, Matt Smith is the longest. All three doctors we've seen so far had their own personality and were all likeable. Even the newewst iteration of The Master was impressive. We'll be debating his replacement until we finally see the christmas special.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Options
    I'm a bit sad - it's taken a little while for me to warm up to Matt Smith and I'll be sad to see him go (not as sad as I was with David Tennant...) - it'll be interesting to see who fills the Doctor's shoes. I agree with an unknown and it would be nice if he were ginger. I've heard Rupert Grint's name tossed around on the ginger front, but I just can't see him in that role...

Well, another fandom I'm a part of survived Twilicorn, I supposed the Whovians will survive this...geronimo!

Yeah, there's a reason I didn't mention Rupert. He just doesn't have that right spark to be the Doctor. Then again, he was playing an awkward teenager, so who knows?

Hey, what about the guy who played Neville? He's not a ginger, and I have NO clue how good he'd be in the role, but he'd damn sure be fun to look at...