Matt Smith to leave Dr Who

Options

Replies

• cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I still say, the doctor, should be played by a woman. How I would love to be the executive producers on this show....
  • hungryhobbit1
    hungryhobbit1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I think Dan Stevens (Matthew Crawley from Downton Abbey) would be hot as the Doctor.
  • clockworkgeisha
    clockworkgeisha Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    David Tennant was my favourite doctor too, but I don't think they'd ever brig him back... :(

Someone on my FB suggested Tamsin Greig (Fran from Black Books). I love that idea!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I still say, the doctor, should be played by a woman. How I would love to be the executive producers on this show....

They would lose half the fan base if they did that. I would really hate to see them make a casting decision based on political correctness. I want the best actor for the job.
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    The Doctor will be a man because he wants to be a man. - The Husband.

P.S. Don't leave this messageboard up and not expect me to comment. >:D
  • osborn2009
    osborn2009 Posts: 21
    Options
    This is so depressing... I hate when the Doctor leaves... Hated when David left... Gonna hate when Matt Leaves... So sad =(
  • happyfrogg
    happyfrogg Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Regenerations are always bittersweet-- I'm sad to see one go, and excited to see who comes in. *Really* hoping for a Doctor of color (and I don't mean "ginger") this time around, maybe someone like Lennie James!
  • larlo74
    larlo74 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm okay with the regeneration. I like Tennant and Smith grew on me. Looking back at the past Doctors, we seem to trend younger and younger with each regeneration.

I don't see Grint as the next Doctor. He's no removed far enough from Harry Potter.
  • cristynfaye
    cristynfaye Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    People keep mentioning Rupert Grint, and as much as I liked him in HP, he's like 12 years old.

Actually, back when Matt Smith started Doctor Who he was 26/27. Rupert Grint is 24 so it's not that much of a stretch. I'd rather see Matthew Lewis play the Doctor though.

I know, and I really didn't like Matt Smith at first. I thought he was wayyyy too young. He eventually grew on me, though. But Matt Smith looks and acts much older, whereas Rupert still has such a baby face. I just really can't see him as the doctor, and I'd be very disappointed if he was. I'd love to see a more grandfatherly Doctor.
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    I refused to even watch the show after the 9th Doctor left.
  • frankizoy
    frankizoy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i started watching doctor who in matt smith's first season, its gonna be hard seeing my first doctor go :(
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I am not sure who I would pick. Maybe Cumberbatch?

I feel bad for whoever it is, new Dr.s always get so much hate. Matt was torn a part when he started now people love him. People hate change.

I can't see Cumerbatch signing on, though. Two-three years is a long commitment for a rising star like him. I think it should be a woman!
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Cumberbatch would be wondrous, but isn't he tied up as Smaug right now?
  • tskitzoid
    tskitzoid Posts: 51
    Options
    Sadly, since Matt is leaving this means that the next Doctor will also be the last one. A Time Lord can only regenerate twelve times and since Matt was the 11th regeneration, the next one means Final Doctor. Also, the next one HAS to be a ginger, The Doctor wants to be a ginger, they at least have to grant him his wish on his last regeneration.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    I can't say I can muster up much sadness about this. I don't mind him, but I never really came to like him all that much.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

I feel bad for whoever it is, new Dr.s always get so much hate. Matt was torn a part when he started now people love him. People hate change.

I can't see Cumerbatch signing on, though. Two-three years is a long commitment for a rising star like him. I think it should be a woman!

I think it should be a woman or a guy who's a person of color. But they probably won't want to disappoint fan expectations.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    They need to give Dr. Who to a grown up this round!

If you'll notice, the Doctor seems to get younger with each regeneration...
  • tallulahthunderbird
    tallulahthunderbird Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Richard Ayoade. I would like a non-white doctor, but under Moffat I do not want a woman.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

I think it should be a woman or a guy who's a person of color. But they probably won't want to disappoint core fan expectations.

"Sherlock" was co-created by the show runner for Doctor Who, Steven Moffat, and Cumberbatch is essentially playing a version of Doctor Who already: Boyish, rapid search, incredible energy. I can't imagine that he'd want to play another role like that.
  • tskitzoid
    tskitzoid Posts: 51
    Options

I think it should be a woman or a guy who's a person of color. But they probably won't want to disappoint fan expectations.

Not to sound racist or sexist, but The Doctor will always be male, regeneration doesn't mean he gets to change sex, he just "jump starts" his molecular structure or something along those lines, it won't change his DNA. Same goes for him changing to a person of colour, it wouldn't make sense, he's always been a white, british male, and I point back to my notion about the regeneration.