So here's a gym 'etiquette' question

Options
123457»

Replies

• rossinator63
    rossinator63 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My gym prohibits the use of Mobile phones in the working area (listening to music is ok), and can revoke your membership for taking photos of people working out or in the locker room.
    Simply don't do it, either option is creepy.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    My gym prohibits the use of Mobile phones in the working area (listening to music is ok), and can revoke your membership for taking photos of people working out or in the locker room.

Same with my previous gym. There are a lot of issues with people bringinig cameras in hidden in bags or shoes and filmining in shower areas.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Same with my previous gym. There are a lot of issues with people bringinig cameras in hidden in bags or shoes and filmining in shower areas.

WOW
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

wtf is wrong with people?

why can't you just use some common effing sense!?!??!
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Both options are pretty creepy. You could have bent over in front of him, grabbed your butt cheeks and made your butt talk like Ace Ventura and asked him for a mint. Creep him out more than you are creeped out. Or gross him out. Take a page from my lovely boyfriend's book who, when a girl told him he had a nice butt, he said, "oh yeah? You should see how cute it is when I take a *kitten*". Of course, he might be into weird stuff like that and he'd bother you more.

Its unfortunate gyms can't screen for creepers when they join.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    JeriAnne84 wrote: »
    Both options are pretty creepy. You could have bent over in front of him, grabbed your butt cheeks and made your butt talk like Ace Ventura and asked him for a mint. Creep him out more than you are creeped out. Or gross him out. Take a page from my lovely boyfriend's book who, when a girl told him he had a nice butt, he said, "oh yeah? You should see how cute it is when I take a *kitten*". Of course, he might be into weird stuff like that and he'd bother you more.

Its unfortunate gyms can't screen for creepers when they join.

I have one question to ask before I give you the gym membership. What do you do during your rest in between sets?
    A) stare at the ceiling
    B) stare at the wall
    C) stare at someone squatting or deadlifting
    D) stare at someone who you feel might not get the weight up( which I have done a few times. And I have ran over and spotted people this way and I mean yell saying I am not gonna help you get it up. That usually option one until I see they are not going to get it up)
    E) stare at your phone.

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

wtf is wrong with people?

why can't you just use some common effing sense!?!??!

To be clear it wasn't my old gym that it was a major problem but those kind of videos can be found on the Net very easily.

Voyerism laws are coming but slow and it's hard to catch. These aren't lack of common sense this is perving and commercialization of others who are unaware and unconsenting as well.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    I have one question to ask before I give you the gym membership. What do you do during your rest in between sets?

I'll just close my eyes, count my breaths for rest (20, is about doggcrapp-style) and chill. There's nothing I need to be looking at. Unless to be silently amused by somebody doing something ridiculous.