Why did you come to the conclusion to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• christees01
    christees01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had a job interview last week and had to go to 8 different stores to find a suit because none of the stores had my size which is a 22. That was my aha moment. Plus I am doing it for myself. I want to be able to look myself in the eye and no I committed and didn't give up.
  • ntinkham88
    ntinkham88 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Looking at my wedding photos. I hadn't even realized how big I had gotten!!
  • stinkjones64
    stinkjones64 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started to be conscious about my weight when I felt like I was having a heart attack walking up a hill coming from work, when my husband gave little hints, and when I was playing with my grand children. All of these experiences has caused me to exercise every chance I get. I realize I should have at least 20mins to an hour to do something strictly for me!!!!!!!!
  • smp681
    smp681 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Lost 24 lbs on the fitness plan a few years ago, but one day stepped on the scale and it found me again along with another 10 lbs. I am 65 years old, still walking and bike riding, need to stay in shape for the enjoyment of retirement and watch my grandchildren grow.
  • katieboo93_
    katieboo93_ Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I knew I had gained weight after my final semester of university (binging on bad food, not cooking/exercising, stress etc). The real shock came when I was on a night out and the band around my dress broke :( quite embarrassing!
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    - when I decided that more advanced yoga movements would be so much easier if I lost the excess non-active weight.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,760 Member
    Options
    I didn't like looking plump and dowdy, and I got sick of being a slowpoke runner.
  • NikkiBiggestFan
    NikkiBiggestFan Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    We are done having children and I simply want to look good naked again.
  • bodymindmusic
    bodymindmusic Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Not seeing My grandmother and mother for 5 years and they show up at my door wearing matching nitro necklaces in case they have a heart attack and just tired of this weight.
  • bigjohn110566
    bigjohn110566 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Driving trucks for over 20 yrs. Couldn't keep wait down alone, so motivation dropped. Hitting 50 next yr. and buying a motorcycle. Along with health related reasons, I just don't want to look like a fat guy on a bike. So buying the vivofit and syncing this app keeps my motivation n focus waaay better..ADD ME so we can grow n loose together...
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I had a case of Tachacardia, resting heartrate over 100. Didn't feel good and DR. gave me still another pill to take. I'd had a couple of years of different health scares; this one I called "The Ghost of Christmas Future". I got scared, started reading and learning about food from many different sources. Part way through the journey I found MFP, now my goto source for healthy eating.

Those pills are thrown out, my 38" pants are going to charity as I get into 32" pants!
  • melmerritt33
    melmerritt33 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    When I bought myself new clothes and realised I'd just bought the next size up yet again so it would be more comfortable. I realised that I was just buying bigger clothes each year and thought "where is this going to end, at what size am I going to stop?" So I decided it stops right now. I've just given most of those larger clothes to the local charity shop so I now have to lose weight or have uncomfortably tight clothes or just wear the same things all the time! It won't work for everyone but for me it's the incentive I need to get going and get back into all those things in the wardrobe that I haven't worn for years.
  • BethMilledge
    BethMilledge Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    When me and my fiance broke up. I gained my weight being on the road with him. And now im down to when i first got engaged to him. I wish we never broke up.
  • kattyjamesmfp
    kattyjamesmfp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    When people told me I always wear the same shirt(s). Can't fit in my other shirts anymore, won't buy new "tents".
  • entwife
    entwife Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I've started and stopped 'weightloss' so many times but never for long, I have postponed it so many times, thinking 'I'll start tomorrow' or 'I'll start Monday'. But this time I really feel like its hit home to my core. I started nursing school and read in my textbooks the black-and-white indisputable facts of diabetes and heart disease, and it scared the pants off me. I don't want that to happen to me, I don't want my kids to see me decline and get sick. I don't want to deal with the medications, watching every morsel I eat, blindness, skin breakdown, amputation, kidney disease, fatigue, gasping for breath. No way, uh-uh that's not for me. This **** is real, food can make you SICK and no amount of pizza or chocolate is worth it.

BTW I wish there was a "Like" button, so many of these stories are so inspiring, funny, sad, I love this thread!
  • seriouslypinkchick
    seriouslypinkchick Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    None of my old clothes fit me I wear baggy clothes and leggings everyday and I look a right mess no lore fatty bum bum I lost lots of weight in past and gained most of it back well its hard work getting it bk off but I refuse to stay in these clothes gaining weight all time. I have holiday booked and I refuse to be the fattest round the pool :(
  • ohmyllama
    ohmyllama Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I was in my changing room one day getting dressed for a horse show. I took out my clothes... and... well... my pants were literally bursting at the seams, my stomach was hanging over my belt, and my shirt was ready to rip in half. LOL. I realized then how much weight I had gained. It took me at least a half hour to get into those clothes. It was ridiculous. Those were my "fat" clothes, too, so that's pretty bad. It was pretty embarrassing showing my horse looking like that! I still have lots of weight to lose, but I'm not quite that large anymore.
  • JaneDaley
    JaneDaley Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, mine is for medical reasons along with the fact my clothes don't fit. After a long fight with cancer and other extended hospital visits. I had gained almost 200 pounds. So I went to see about weight loss program that I started a month ago. In the last month I have lost 28 pounds, and I feel better. My hang up is that I need more exercise. Now I need to work on the get moving.
  • dougl004
    dougl004 Posts: 99 Member
    Options

BTW I wish there was a "Like" button, so many of these stories are so inspiring, funny, sad, I love this thread! [/quote]

Glad you enjoy the thread. I love reading all the stories as well. We all have that "moment" when we realize we really have to get serious about being healthy.