Why did you come to the conclusion to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• entwife
    entwife Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    @dougl004 thank you for starting it :)
  • msmichydo
    msmichydo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I went jean shopping with my boyfriend and had to get the biggest size.

Worst thing about change rooms is the three-way mirror. Saw how big my butt was and thought, "Nope, this is stopping TODAY." :smiley:
  • msmichydo
    msmichydo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I was suffering too much with 'fat-man knee' running around the tennis court.

Also this ^ I jog and get extensive knee pain (even with wearing proper footwear), and I had seen my doctor a few years ago about the pain (since it's an ongoing thing) and she said my weight was a contributing factor. I'm 26 and want to salvage my knees, and not want to undergo surgery or of the like.
  • trinityoflove
    trinityoflove Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    After losing about 30lbs last year using MFP I ended up moving to South Korea. Last week I stepped on the scale and realized I'd gained 20lbs. I had been in the 190's and now I was steadily climbing back to my highest weight. Not acceptable. So now its back to work, and imagine my surprise to find that there are plenty of Korean foods/brands on MFP.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    After losing about 30lbs last year using MFP I ended up moving to South Korea. Last week I stepped on the scale and realized I'd gained 20lbs. I had been in the 190's and now I was steadily climbing back to my highest weight. Not acceptable. So now its back to work, and imagine my surprise to find that there are plenty of Korean foods/brands on MFP.

Wait a sec I thought people only gained weight in America. :)
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    When I jumped on the scale one day, it finally registered that the numbers were going in the wrong direction and that the only person who could sort the issue out was ME. And it had to be THAT day, not the day, week or month after. A long way to go now but I'm 36lbs lighter than I was three months ago :smile:
  • fabat52
    fabat52 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I came back from vacation and I weighed myself to find I was the heaviest I have ever been at 190.8lbs. I knew right then I had to get serous. That was September 25th. I am down to 181.8lbs. It's an improvement but my goal is 133. Have a ways to go.
  • fabat52
    Options
    A few things.
    Getting on an airplane for the first time in a long time and struggling to get the seat belt to fit around me.
    The office was getting new carpet and we had to move out everything. While we were moving my desk I was panting a bit and pouring sweat. My manager came up with a concerned look in his eyes and said " why don't you let one of the younger guys do that for you?'.
    I hadn't weighed myself in forever. My sister said I could come over and use her scale. It maxed out at 300 lbs. When I came out of her bathroom I had to tell her that her scale didn't go high enough.
    I bought a scale and found out I weighed 339 lbs. I am down to 253 right now. It's the best I have felt in a long time. I am not there yet but I refuse to go back.

Wow that is a huge loss. That is a great accomplishment. Sounds like you have the commitment to go for the long haul and reach that goal. I wish you much luck and celebration when you get there.
  • fabat52
    Options
    sodakat wrote: »
    When getting a physical for my CDL to drive school bus, I learned that not only was I fat but my blood pressure, which had always been really good, was elevated. The doctor said it was serious enough I needed to take meds. That got my attention. I decided no way do I want to take meds the rest of my life. So, I guess it was serendipity that I decided to drive bus, got the physical and got the wake up call. Why exactly it "clicked" right then I'll never know, but I'm glad it did. I cut back and watched what I ate for about 5 months before I overheard someone talking about an online app for calorie control. Once I found MFP things really started rolling!

55835802.png
    Great job!
  • ashleegalassi28
    ashleegalassi28 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have a few "why's"...

1. I want to look good with and without clothes on!
    2. In 2012 I got my personal trainer certification and did nothing with it...now Im overweight so it feels hypocritical to pursue that dream until I look the part.
    3. I want to be a positive example for my children.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I changed my Way Of Eating trying to manage my pain a year ago so I could get up and down without help and to be able to walk a quarter of a mile daily. 30 days later my pain was managed. Six months later my 40 years of IBS was cured and has not returned and I did lose another 30 pounds but have been maintaining for a while after that loss hoping to lower my risk of regain.
  • millerdan1
    millerdan1 Posts: 16 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I got really sick and when I went to the doctor my weight was higher than it had ever been. On top of that, the larger size pants I had just bought were already getting tight. After being ill and in bed for a week, I realized my weight was only going to go up unless I did something.

I hit my goal a few weeks ago and got a few new pairs of pants as well.
  • sasha_sykes
    sasha_sykes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend recently broke up with me because I was too 'chubby' and not fit for him and he wanted a slimmer girlfriend so I'm here to prove him wrong that I can become a much fitter and thinner person so when I do I can show him what he's lost >:)
  • dougl004
    dougl004 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend recently broke up with me because I was too 'chubby' and not fit for him and he wanted a slimmer girlfriend so I'm here to prove him wrong that I can become a much fitter and thinner person so when I do I can show him what he's lost >:)

#LOVEIT
  • mikehardin62
    mikehardin62 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    millerdan1 wrote: »
    I got really sick and when I went to the doctor my weight was higher than it had ever been. On top of that, the larger size pants I had just bought were already getting tight. After being ill and in bed for a week, I realized my weight was only going to go up unless I did something.

I hit my goal a few weeks ago and got a few new pairs of pants as well.

Nice...that's how we do it!
  • mikehardin62
    Options

Good Girl...cause he is the fool...its through thick and thin, good and bad, that is what love is all about, not what you see, but what and who you know in the heart. Talkin things out, working through it all...nice choice you made. And if he comes crawling back, SAY NO CAUSE YOU WOULD HAVE DONE THIS DOWN THE LINE , ANYWAYS, CAUSE I AM THE SAME GIRL YOU LOVED AND NOW CAUSE I GAINED SOME WEIGHT ,I AM NOT WORTHY? ? THATS NOT LOVE MY BOY...
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    I lost weight as I didn't want to be the biggest mum on a group holiday. Funny thing is holiday didn't happen .
    Vain reasons but great results in the end. I feel healthier and stronger and wear smaller clothes
  • mikehardin62
    Options

Good Girl...cause he is the fool...its through thick and thin, good and bad, that is what love is all about, not what you see, but what and who you know in the heart. Talkin things out, working through it all...nice choice you made. And if he comes crawling back, SAY NO CAUSE YOU WOULD HAVE DONE THIS DOWN THE LINE , ANYWAYS, CAUSE I AM THE SAME GIRL YOU LOVED AND NOW CAUSE I GAINED SOME WEIGHT ,I AM NOT WORTHY? ? THATS NOT LOVE MY BOY...

But hey we are all fools sometimes. Lololol
  • mikehardin62
    Options
    Therealob1, wonderful choice, now, do all you can to not go back THAT place, that PRISON. Holidays are coming around ones again. People are gearing up, you know, tailgate parties, Halloween, and the like...you see where i am going with this. Now you can stay who you are now, or go back.

I am a firm believer that our choices are what bring us to these places of fat or healthy. Holidays come, we choose to be 5lbs fater. Holidays go, we do what we can to loose the fat. These are our choices. We were raised up this way. So...i have resolved that no matter what, i will take control and i will do this or that. I wont and connot be influenced by celebrations. ..of anykind!...i will decide what i eat from this day on...and it has worked for me.