Why did you come to the conclusion to lose weight?

Replies

• hancdon
    hancdon Posts: 20 Member
    While I was aware of my situation I always have know what you need too do but deny the reality and put everything off. Not looking at the scale, eating things that your not suppose too but saying I'm going to start soon, excuse. Just don't feel like it now. I broke a friends chair sitting in it and that's when "now" happened.
  • ghostly_pet
    ghostly_pet Posts: 4 Member
    my goal isn't to lose weight, but to maintain it, and be more healthy

I decided I would watch what I eat because I slowly gained a few pounds and I missed my old self.
  • vczK2t
    vczK2t Posts: 309 Member
    I am short, under 5', and that can't change. but being heavier in weight than my husband is EXTREMELY embarrassing. He loves me and is very encouraging for me to live healthy, but I really don't feel attractive or sexy or beautiful. SO, I want to lose weight so that I weigh less than he does and hopefully feel as beautiful, attractive, and sexy as he thinks I am.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Got tired of looking at pictures of myself that no amount of cropping and editing produced a picture I was proud of!
  • serees
    serees Posts: 3 Member
    I've put about 21 lbs on since moving in with my boyfriend about 2 and half years ago. We are getting married in 8 months and it had to be gone. I've Lost about 4 pounds so far it's taken me 3 weeks. I'm struggling with only eating 1200 though, especially in work as I don't get a proper lunch break and have to eat on the go.
  • jasamjak67
    jasamjak67 Posts: 1,421 Member
    I was diagnosed with an autoimmune arthritis condition that has affected my ankles so the more weight I lose the better it will be for me joints. I was 301 two years ago - today 277 and a goal of 230 would be my prize!
  • justvclark
    justvclark Posts: 24 Member
    I don't necessarily want to focus on losing weight, but I wanted to eat better and exercise for a few reasons...my son told me that he needs me to stay in shape so that he can climb a mountain with me someday. I can't really say no to that, right? Also, heart disease runs in my family. As for losing weight, I like vintage clothing, and the larger sizes cost more. I started getting too big for a lot of my clothes and didn't want to spend the kind of money it would take to replace my wardrobe.
  • dougl004
    dougl004 Posts: 98 Member
    uote="justvclark;34664151"]I don't necessarily want to focus on losing weight, but I wanted to eat better and exercise for a few reasons...my son told me that he needs me to stay in shape so that he can climb a mountain with me someday. I can't really say no to that, right? Also, heart disease runs in my family. As for losing weight, I like vintage clothing, and the larger sizes cost more. I started getting too big for a lot of my clothes and didn't want to spend the kind of money it would take to replace my wardrobe.[/quote]

I also didn't want to spend more money on bigger clothes, and I couldn't continue to look like a busted can of biscuits in the ones I had. I'm proud to say I can finally comfortably wear everything in my closet again.
  • dee_thurman
    dee_thurman Posts: 240 Member
    I looked around and my family was dealing with disease. I was watching what my kids ate and wasn't happy with that. I looked at myself and said this isn't good. Flipped the switch on a Sunday and I am on day 34! My kids have started eating better already. It is 100% a process in a lot of different areas but making progress.
  • Bethffdp
    Bethffdp Posts: 10 Member
    I realized I had my whole life ahead of me to do amazing things. And when I do those amazing things I don't want my weight to hold me back as it has already done in many situations.
  • maciekpas
    maciekpas Posts: 5 Member
    Firstly I gave up on eating sweets and junk food, when I noticed that i lost on my weight I was proud of my self and it was started to enjoy me, then when i stopped to lose my weight I started to biking, I bought stationary bike and I ride at home during my favorite serials. I stick to new habits and continue my exercise, Now I'm going to start gym to gain more muscle and burn rest of fat.
  • zenjen13
    zenjen13 Posts: 174 Member
    When I saw my last vacation pics of myself in a bikini and I was too embarrassed to add them to my slideshow to show my friends. I've always been thin until fairly recently so it was a big wake up call. Plus, 40,'nuff said.
  • bacs
    bacs Posts: 40 Member
    When even my fat pants didn't fit and I had to wear yoga pants to work and hoped one noticed haha-
  • italianrose987
    italianrose987 Posts: 1 Member
    Moving to the Netherlands and having to bike EVERYWHERE... and not being able to do it (while my bf's parents - 60 plus - could!). I kept thinking of how active I was as a child and how many problems my 50 year old parents have with their health and I decided that now was a good of time as any! Weight loss isn't THE goal in of itself for me... but having it secondary to fitness is keeping me on track & motivated. ;)
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    I just cleaned out the attic and found the jeans that were the last straw for me. I put them on one morning and could barely sit, they were so tight!

When I pulled them out of the box yesterday, I was amazed. They were huge. Can't believe I got that big!! I almost kept them just because. But all the fat clothes got donated yesterday!
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    no big a ha moment for me. I turned 45 this year and I was hovering at 500 lbs. I was sad, mad, depressed, in a bad relationship, but I always put on a happy face and acted like my weight did not bother me. My knees hurt everyday. I had trouble getting in and out of cars. I did not want to move once I sat down. I never thought I was hopeless though. One day I saw an ad for a weight loss program, with a 30 day unconditional money back guarantee and I said why not?
    I ordered the program and it sat it my house for a few weeks before I even opened it. 80+ lbs later. I feel a world of difference. Of course I have a long ways to go, but at least I can see a big difference and i know that this way of living is doable for me. I thank God everyday for the unconditional love of my family, because they never judged me and that goes a long way.
  • TxLisa251
    TxLisa251 Posts: 152 Member
    My pants started to become so tight, I had to start wearing more dresses. I do not want to buy bigger clothes. I started working out but didn't change my diet. I actually gained weight. Once I started counting calories, with working out, I finally saw movement on the scale.
  • babydollbell
    babydollbell Posts: 2 Member
    My father recently became an Ironman he is 45 and lots about 30kgs in the process. I thought what is my excuse? Turns out I don't have one so here I am.
  • KT_3009
    KT_3009 Posts: 1,042 Member
    I was at my heaviest three months ago and knew I had to do something otherwise I'd keep on getting bigger. Also someone I worked with made a comment on my top looking to tight and I realised that losing weight once before I needed to get back to being fit and healthy
  • DarynE527
    DarynE527 Posts: 17 Member
    None of my clothes fit anymore and I just didn't feel like "me". Started to not recognize who I saw in the mirror.