Why did you come to the conclusion to lose weight?

Replies

• ivvassileva
    ivvassileva Posts: 24 Member
    My moment was when I tried to fit into a dress that I wore no more than an year ago and I coud not zip it up. It then hit me that I have become too comfortable with my bad habbits and that it's time for a change. I am 23 and it seems like most of the girls around me look perfect without even trying. I know that this isn't the most important thing in the world, but I just feel out of place.
    Don't get me wrong, I am not doing this for the sake of being accepted, I am doing this for me and me only - once I feel good about myself I don't care what others think. I just need to get back to point where I feel good about myself.
    Good luck in your journey, everybody! Feel free to add me :)
  • Allira_11
    Allira_11 Posts: 21 Member
    I just feel that i need change :)
  • justinesue0811
    justinesue0811 Posts: 1 Member
    I was tired of being tired!! I really enjoy working out, but eating healthy... so not my thing... I started back at the gym and started losing inches... started getting compliments! love feeling good about myself! But now I have to eat better... I just can't wrap my head around meal prep... I don't want to make excuses, I just have to figure it all out... I work 6 if not 7 days a week... some days I leave my home at 5 am and don't return till 11pm... That's a ton of planning on my part... I just have to figure it all out...

Turning here for help... Would love to meet others here and in Monmouth County NJ to work with
  • NORTHSEA76
    NORTHSEA76 Posts: 18 Member
    My jeans. MY JEANS are expensive!! When buttoning them after holidays, they did not cooperate. We both knew who to blame so we are going to get that waist back. Besides, if I do this gain every holiday, it's not gonna be good.
  • courtniekrebs
    courtniekrebs Posts: 79 Member
    Mine started with my BF giving me an ultimatum. Be at 135 by June or we're done. I started at 175 and am now down to 155. Now after seeing 2 really good friends of mine do figure/bikini competitions I've got motivated to do that. So, instead of focusing on my BF I've shifted into that aspect. I'll be support to anyone and would love the same in return :)
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    After years and years of not weighing myself, but just judging my size by the fit of my clothing, I finally stepped on the scale. I was 49 years old realised that I was in the "overweight" BMI category. I think that I just gained a pound or two each year, but with all the spandex and stretch in our clothes, I was pretty blind to my reality. I started MFP as a calorie counting tool and easily lost 30 lbs over 2015. I'm now in the best shape of my entire life with a BMI around 21, and feel so much better about myself.
  • LucyMcd1
    LucyMcd1 Posts: 84 Member
    edited January 2016
    Michelle2W wrote: »
    I strongly dislike being fat!

Basically!

46145525.png
  • Superb16
    Superb16 Posts: 2 Member
    I want to be in better shape to have a 2nd child. I got VERY sick my 1st pregnancy, and my blood pressure was thru the roof. Meds helped that, but getting winded playing with him, and all the confidence issues- I decided I no longer want to 'Fake it' or be a hypocrite. I want to show him that hard work CAN and WILL pay off as well.
    I got super serious about it and am OWNING 2016 as my year. I have a 'goal weight', but also an overall life-style goals/plan as well. (Meditating, reading challenge, hydration, learning Spanish, etc...)
    Oh, and the BMI scale is complete crap- talk to a REAL health professional before you get scary skinny. I'd look atrocious at 115 pounds. I MIGHT eventually get to 170ish, and look GREAT- right now I'm going for 197, from 238 start (already down 4 since the 1st!)
  • oceanvixen79
    oceanvixen79 Posts: 38 Member
    I ADORE my fiancé; he makes my coffee in the morning, folds the laundry, does the maintenance on my car, etc...but he is the WORST eater! We moved in together 6 months ago and I've gained 25lbs!
    He's military so he works out all the time and burns the junk food off. I can't eat like him and I've told him this several times but after a 13 hour shift I'm going to eat the quesadillas, cheeseburgers, or hot wings he made for dinner.
    I need some moral support! Especially since I'm a bridesmaid this year and we're getting married next year. Diabetes runs in my family. AND we live by the beach...

Amber
  • KendraMonster
    KendraMonster Posts: 46 Member
    When I went through 3 doctors telling me all my pain was because I was overweight, turns out there are some medical reasons I am over weight as well as some issues that I have been adding to. Finally found out I had Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and Fibromyalgia but it took me THREE doctors before someone would even run labs.
  • cJOYv6881
    cJOYv6881 Posts: 72 Member
    Mine was kind of three-fold. I woke up one morning just after the New Year this year, and the first thought through my head was "I have to lose weight. Now. I have to do it now." It was the weirdest thing, the sense of urgency was like the house was on fire, I can't even explain it. A few days later I got on the scale and saw that I was the heaviest I have been in my adult life. I had no idea my weight had even gotten that high. It's been up and down for years, the highest was over 300lbs in highschool, the lowest since then was 252 about 3 years ago.

But, while I could lose a bit of weight in the short term, I really had no idea how to do anything long term. My parents fed me two cheeseburger meal deals with large fries for supper when I was 8 years old, I didn't exactly grow up learning good eating habits. That's where the third part of this story comes in. I heard about and was shopping around for a Fitbit, and while reading reviews, someone mentioned that they used their Fitbit in conjunction with this website, My Fitness Pal. I couldn't afford the Fitbit, but I signed up to MFP that day and haven't looked back!
  • kportwood85
    kportwood85 Posts: 151 Member
    I commented a long time ago, when this thread was new. Then, health problems (a completely unexpected, quite advanced diagnosis of multiple sclerosis) led to a loss of motivation, and a fear of what I could safely do. This past Christmas I was in my basement and I just kind of collapsed. My husband was down there with me, and he said something like "come on, let's put you to bed"and he picked me up off the floor. He never complained, and never even sounded very tired, but, I realized this is probably not going to be an uncommon thing, I may as well make it easier to be carried up the stairs.
  • HelenRobertsNZ
    HelenRobertsNZ Posts: 16 Member
    I've had a lifetime of being overweight, currently morbidly obese - that scared me. I checked out my BMI, and then spent a month eating everything, telling myself that I was so enormous that it didn't matter if I demolished huge bars of chocolate or a whole bag of corn chips. Mindless eating, I must have been consuming 5000 calories most days.

Then I looked at my daughter. She's 8, a complete delight, and has gone from cutely podgy to getting fat. I would NEVER say anything to her, so we're quietly serving up healthier meals, slowly adjusting the kind of food we have in the house, walking to the shops etc. That was my kick to get started, with a million great reasons to keep going.
  • lisciousg24
    lisciousg24 Posts: 189 Member
    When I saw how tight my clothes were fitting. When my husband and I were "on a break" I was doing T25 and was slowly getting back in shape. Then we got back together and it was like, caring for myself wasn't the first priority anymore. I like looking good. And decided it was time to get back at it!
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    My clothes weren't fitting, I was getting out of breath from simple things, my weight was slowly creeping up more, and I had no energy to do anything. I've tried many times to lose weight but this time I'm pretty determined.
  • moosect
    moosect Posts: 4 Member
    to get in shape, i quit smoking two years ago. i have been married for 17 years and i want to be around for alot more.
  • catsrule308
    catsrule308 Posts: 24 Member
    I'm sick of looking at the fat on my body, that's why I started