Why did you come to the conclusion to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• chantalemarie
    chantalemarie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    when i realized i'm not too far from what my goal is and if i work hard for a few months i can look exactly how i want.
  • laurelinoracle
    laurelinoracle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had two moments, really.

When I hit 215lbs without realizing it after I started a desk job and after my dad passed away. Stress eating and losing myself in Youtube after work was my coping method of choice.

And when I was made a bridesmaid in my best friend's wedding. I tried on the dress and I was honestly horrified by how I looked in the mirror.

There have been some setbacks - It's been hard to remember that it's a marathon, not a sprint - but nine months and 15 lbs later, I feel much better about myself and so much healthier. :)
  • larochelle9120
    larochelle9120 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was at work and I put my hands on my waist not because I was upset; but because I was warming my muffin top. Then I got real sad and said, “I need to go to the gym.”
  • mrswinterx
    mrswinterx Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Damaged my back couldn't exercise couldn't get into my clothes and cried for weeks lol
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Saw the worst photo I ever saw of myself. I hated it. Made me reassess what I’m doing: emotionally, with nutrition, my sports training, and whytheF this is an issue.
  • dougl004
    dougl004 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    chukky94 wrote: »
    My aha moment was when I realised it started to hurt when I was walking and also how when a guy I liked said he thought I was pretty but it would look sooooo much better if I was X amount lighter. Decided to ditch him and attempt to ditch this weight!

Good for you Chukky94!! I wish you well on your journey to a healthy lifestyle.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    pants. too. small. ugh.
  • CourtneyCatherine7
    CourtneyCatherine7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Discomfort with how it felt when my boyfriend would grab me in pretty much any way near my torso. I'm down 14 pounds and we both feel the difference! I've also been trying to lose weight for 5 years because after my depo shot, I gained 30lbs instantly and learned I had pretty drastic fibro. Was likely to end up in a wheel chair or atleast physical therapy if I didn't become more active or lose weight.
  • Ashrenalls
    Ashrenalls Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My brother is planning a trip to the Grand Canyon and Zion National Park this summer. I love spending time with my siblings, but hiking in higher elevation is incredibly difficult for me. I want to increase my endurance so I can enjoy the trip more.
  • jessi_j
    jessi_j Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When I got sick in December with a bad case of bronchitis and went to an urgent care center and they weighed me. That, and my "fat" clothes were beginning to fit me not so good.
  • Ashrenalls
    Ashrenalls Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    jessi_j wrote: »
    When I got sick in December with a bad case of bronchitis and went to an urgent care center and they weighed me. That, and my "fat" clothes were beginning to fit me not so good.

Oh, the fat clothes becoming the tight clothes, yeah, that has happened to me several times. It’s hard not to get depressed when I get there.
  • marckilgore5342
    marckilgore5342 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Dr visit - she did a good job scaring me into cutting back on the booze and losing some weight.
  • nrtauthor
    nrtauthor Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in June. For me the: I really need to get my butt in gear, moment was when I saw pictures of myself with my fiance. I realized I don't want to feel that gross about my wedding pictures.

So my initial reasons were pretty vain.

My secondary motivation is how crap I feel right now. The simplest physical tasks take SO MUCH effort. It's really annoying and disappointing because I used to be pretty fit. 50lbs ago I could outrun a bunch of far skinnier people and I LOVED that feeling. Haha.
  • emilyofmysfamcottage
    emilyofmysfamcottage Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Planned a trip to Hawaii, and I was at least 289. That wasn't about to happen.
  • montelpeterson
    montelpeterson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Simple! Can’t keep up with my kids anymore lol.
  • xHungry4Healthx
    xHungry4Healthx Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I slowly allowed any weight to dictate every single aspect of my life. And it's time for change.

Also, I run a business with my two older sisters who are 7+ years older than me, and a lot of clients now think I'm the oldest sister due to my size. I was a lot small a couple years back but due to my commitment to studying to obtain my research degree... I ended my gaining alot of weight, whilst my sisters lost weight as a result of being busy mothers