New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    This is random, but you know how every single peanut butter company makes powdered peanut butter now? I guarantee the next thing will be powdered almond butter and cashew butter. I know it's not a real product yet, but when it comes out I will be wanting to try it lol.

Isn't powdered almond butter really almond meal, the way powdered peanut butter is really just peanut flour? Which is why it's obvious that PB2 and such are overpriced?

PB2 has salt and sugar added, and peanut flour doesn't. So if you can figure out how much salt and sugar you want to add, you could make peanut flour into PB2 or adjust whatever recipes you use PB2 in, but they are not the same.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    This is random, but you know how every single peanut butter company makes powdered peanut butter now? I guarantee the next thing will be powdered almond butter and cashew butter. I know it's not a real product yet, but when it comes out I will be wanting to try it lol.

Isn't powdered almond butter really almond meal, the way powdered peanut butter is really just peanut flour? Which is why it's obvious that PB2 and such are overpriced?

PB2 has salt and sugar added, and peanut flour doesn't. So if you can figure out how much salt and sugar you want to add, you could make peanut flour into PB2 or adjust whatever recipes you use PB2 in, but they are not the same.

Well that explains the funny taste I mention in my previous post's edit.

Should still be easy for Noreenmarie to make her own powdered almond butter if she wants. I have a feeling I'd like the almond version better than the peanut version.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options

Well that explains the funny taste I mention in my previous post's edit.

Should still be easy for Noreenmarie to make her own powdered almond butter if she wants. I have a feeling I'd like the almond version better than the peanut version.

I actually may try making this on my own, if it ends up good I'll let you all know haha
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    butter-brickle-ice-cream.jpg

I picked this up over Egg Nog. It's definitely a nice flavor.

I read that the flavor was really strong, so I didn't get that one. Maybe I should. We don't have much ice cream left, but there's nothing right now I really HAVE to try. Or maybe it's getting too cold for ice cream (yeah I can't believe I'm saying this either).

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Someone's probably mentioned this one by now but I picked it up at Costco and really like it.
    i4frq0slabro.jpg

Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes Pancake/Waffle Mix
    http://www.kodiakcakes.com/

My teen who won't eat anything with protein powder even likes the pancakes from this mix. 14g protein in 1/2c. mix, over 20 if you make it with milk and egg instead of water.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Someone's probably mentioned this one by now but I picked it up at Costco and really like it.
    i4frq0slabro.jpg

Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes Pancake/Waffle Mix
    http://www.kodiakcakes.com/

My teen who won't eat anything with protein powder even likes the pancakes from this mix. 14g protein in 1/2c. mix, over 20 if you make it with milk and egg instead of water.

I tried every way and my favorite is made with water, go figure! Overall I like the Frontier mix better though.
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    Interesting! I'll look for that.

I'm kind of questioning that protein count now. I ate about 1/2c. two hours ago (as pancakes) and am hungryish again already. Hmm. That should've been like the protein amount in a Quest bar. Maybe it's just because this is when I usually eat breakfast, not two hours ago.
  • Francl27
    Options

I'm kind of questioning that protein count now. I ate about 1/2c. two hours ago (as pancakes) and am hungryish again already. Hmm. That should've been like the protein amount in a Quest bar. Maybe it's just because this is when I usually eat breakfast, not two hours ago.

Protein doesn't really impact my appetite honestly. They still have a lot of carbs and are not that filling on their own IMO.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Protein doesn't really impact my appetite honestly. They still have a lot of carbs and are not that filling on their own IMO.

I don't find them all that filling either. That's why I eat mine with peanut butter if I need the pancakes to last me a while. Peanut butter's great to keep my hunger pangs at bay. Melting some dark chocolate on them works for me, too.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,266 Member
    Options
    butter-brickle-ice-cream.jpg

I picked this up over Egg Nog. It's definitely a nice flavor.

I have this next to the Egg Nog in my freezer, but have not tried it yet. It will have to wait until I eat all of the Egg Nog! Hopefully I will get to it before it's peppermint season.
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Bought these two. Wanted to try them for a while and they were on sale. Might be a bit before i try them though.

snyders%20of%20hanover%20sweet%20and%20salty.jpg
    You have found my #1 weakness. I was covered in salt and sugar sitting in a food coma before I could stop eating the salted caramel ones. I will only buy if it is a super awesome absolutely ridiculous sale. Though they sell them in individual sizes at my local grocery!
  • BLifts38
    BLifts38 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I know these aren't new but I just discovered Muscle Pharm protein bars -- unbelievably good and taste just like a candy bar. In fact, if I had closed my eyes, it was almost like I was eating a Snickers bar -- except way healthier.
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    Those Sweet & Salty mixes wouldn't be something I could have, alongside Turtle Chex Mix and that GH Cretors caramel and cheddar popcorn. I can pass on ice cream, cake, pie, candy, cheese, nut butter-- but not salty/sweet/crispy blends.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    cfhykuswm36x.jpg
    getnfvpqd6un.jpg
    dgc5uvng3k42.jpg

I just purchased a ton of stuff from ThinSlim Foods, I can't wait to try them and really hope they're as good as some of the reviews I saw! The chocolate cookie looks delicious but I tried their pumpkin spice square first. I shouldn't have microwaved it, but the half that I ate normally wasn't too great (heavy on the clove, which I don't like). Also a weird texture like a wet sponge but I'm keeping my hopes high for their cookies/breads!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    cfhykuswm36x.jpg
    getnfvpqd6un.jpg
    dgc5uvng3k42.jpg

I just purchased a ton of stuff from ThinSlim Foods, I can't wait to try them and really hope they're as good as some of the reviews I saw! The chocolate cookie looks delicious but I tried their pumpkin spice square first. I shouldn't have microwaved it, but the half that I ate normally wasn't too great (heavy on the clove, which I don't like). Also a weird texture like a wet sponge but I'm keeping my hopes high for their cookies/breads!

I've wanted to try these! Especially their 60 calorie bagels and muffins. I was skeptical about the absurdly low calorie count though, but I look forward to seeing more reviews from you :)
  • Francl27
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    cfhykuswm36x.jpg
    getnfvpqd6un.jpg
    dgc5uvng3k42.jpg

Keep us posted!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    Those Sweet & Salty mixes wouldn't be something I could have, alongside Turtle Chex Mix and that GH Cretors caramel and cheddar popcorn. I can pass on ice cream, cake, pie, candy, cheese, nut butter-- but not salty/sweet/crispy blends.

what about salty sweet ice cream/
    fro_talen_caramel_z.jpg?lastModify=2012-10-08
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    You know that Trader Joe's Pumpkin Spice Cookie Butter that's so dangerous?

Try it in your oatmeal.

I almost wish I hadn't done it, but lordy it's good.

Still jealous that I cannot buy this. Well I could on Amazon for $11.00+, but I think I'll pass.