New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    You know that Trader Joe's Pumpkin Spice Cookie Butter that's so dangerous?

Try it in your oatmeal.

I almost wish I hadn't done it, but lordy it's good.

Been wanting to try it, but in my experience when I put something I love in oatmeal, it just loses its taste unless I put a lot of it... so I admit I'm a bit reluctant to try it that way. I've just been eating it in crepes or on English muffins.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    B0ZxH-pCYAAL6B6.jpg-large.0.jpeg

Uh oh....
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    cfhykuswm36x.jpg
    getnfvpqd6un.jpg
    dgc5uvng3k42.jpg

I just purchased a ton of stuff from ThinSlim Foods, I can't wait to try them and really hope they're as good as some of the reviews I saw! The chocolate cookie looks delicious but I tried their pumpkin spice square first. I shouldn't have microwaved it, but the half that I ate normally wasn't too great (heavy on the clove, which I don't like). Also a weird texture like a wet sponge but I'm keeping my hopes high for their cookies/breads!

Keep us posted!

that does not sound good based on the ingredients. Please let us know how it turned out.
  • pie_eyes
    Options
    I had these Chili Hot Pockets a few days ago. T

here's been talks about them and they're limited edition so I had to try them.

Pretty good, the bread was like corn bread and it was the first Hot Pocket I've ever had that didn't squirt all over the place and burn the *kitten* out of you.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Pretty good, the bread was like corn bread and it was the first Hot Pocket I've ever had that didn't squirt all over the place and burn the *kitten* out of you.

So, not lavapockets?
  • SuggaD
    Options
    Interesting! I'll look for that.

I'm kind of questioning that protein count now. I ate about 1/2c. two hours ago (as pancakes) and am hungryish again already. Hmm. That should've been like the protein amount in a Quest bar. Maybe it's just because this is when I usually eat breakfast, not two hours ago.

Protein doesn't really impact my appetite honestly. They still have a lot of carbs and are not that filling on their own IMO.

I need lots of carbs to feel full too. That's why I eat pancakes almost every day for breakfast. These, I use a whole cup. 1/2 cup wouldn't do it for me at all.
  • Francl27
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »

I'm kind of questioning that protein count now. I ate about 1/2c. two hours ago (as pancakes) and am hungryish again already. Hmm. That should've been like the protein amount in a Quest bar. Maybe it's just because this is when I usually eat breakfast, not two hours ago.

Protein doesn't really impact my appetite honestly. They still have a lot of carbs and are not that filling on their own IMO.

I need lots of carbs to feel full too. That's why I eat pancakes almost every day for breakfast. These, I use a whole cup. 1/2 cup wouldn't do it for me at all.

Yeah I love carbs too, lol. But I need protein and fat too.
  • SuggaD
    Options

Yeah I love carbs too, lol. But I need protein and fat too.

Yep, that's why my standard breakfast is the bomb! Pancakes (sometimes protein pancakes), topped with fruit or preserves and/or nuts or an apple on the side, and eggs and bacon. breakfast of champions!
  • pie_eyes
    edited October 2015
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

So, not lavapockets?

Pretty much the cornbread was pretty stable
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options

Uh oh....

Been there. Done that. Ended up only eating the filling.

I just wanna know where my cinnamon oreos are?!

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Uh oh....

Been there. Done that. Ended up only eating the filling.

I just wanna know where my cinnamon oreos are?!
    Same :(

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    You know that Trader Joe's Pumpkin Spice Cookie Butter that's so dangerous?

Try it in your oatmeal.

I almost wish I hadn't done it, but lordy it's good.

Ooh, thanks for the suggestion. I have a bunch of oatmeal that needs eating, and I already have the butter.

On the other hand, Trader Joe's cioppino (new to me) - not good. Tomato broth too harsh, seafood ends up over cooked (and I subtracted time from their cooking directions) and salty ... OMG. I could hardly eat it for the salt.
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Finally got around to trying my first Luna bar yesterday. Vanilla almond. Very good, had half regular and then zapped the other half and crumbled it on some ice cream bc why not!
  • Francl27
    Options
    Finally got to open this

029000020993.GIF

Big thumbs up but... OMG how tiny a serving is. 3 tablespoons? Try 1.5. Glad I weigh my food. But very tasty. Really like the chocolate and yogurt coated pieces.
  • SuggaD
    Options
    Just tried Philadelphia Cream Cheese Pumpkin Spice cream cheese. Delish! I had it on a bagel thin...bad choice. Bagel thins, blah, regular bagels, yum. No more bagel thins for me.
  • bec_89livingston
    bec_89livingston Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm having the new Chobani Flip hazelnut as we speak. Totally yum and worth the 250 calories (if you're like me and love hazelnut anything), although it will definitely be a 'once in a while' thing. Also got the limited edition Cinnamon Bun Yoplait Greek and the new Simply Chobani double chocolate chunk yogurts waiting in my fridge. I had the raspberry chocolate light and fit Greek last week for the first time too and it's not bad at all (might not be new though, I just don't remember seeing it before).

Has anyone noticed any new interesting product recently?

Yes! Being lactose intolerant cheese is somthing I miss ! I found Lindell's gratted lactose free cheese ! Yum - had it twice yesterday
  • Francl27
    Options
    Just tried Philadelphia Cream Cheese Pumpkin Spice cream cheese. Delish! I had it on a bagel thin...bad choice. Bagel thins, blah, regular bagels, yum. No more bagel thins for me.

Amen.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm back and ready to give you some reviews! Get ready for a long post.
    I tried ThinSlim's Vanilla Cookie, Vanilla Muffin, and Vanilla Iced Cookie. Although I was disappointed in the pumpkin square, these were much better and I actually enjoyed them! However, for the price I'm not sure if I enjoyed them enough to order again without 50% off the sampler pack for first time orders, and I wouldn't say my sweet tooth has been satisfied in the same way as true desert would leave me feeling.
    Vanilla Cookie: Taste very close, if not identical, to angel food cake but slightly more dense like a sugar cookie and I LOVED IT. However, I did notice a slight bitter/chemically aftertaste to it.
    Vanilla Muffin: The color and texture is just like the cookie, I'm having déjà vu. Either I'm getting used to the taste or it's more subtle than the cookie, but it's still very very very close to being the same thing (just a different shape). Seriously, how are they different? Still slightly bitter/chemically, but also sweet and enjoyable for 40 calories.
    Vanilla Iced Cookie: I can't taste it anymore, they're all the same and I'm really regretting my all vanilla decision. The icing is mostly for texture I think because it's not as sweet as I was expecting (unless I'm immune by now). Three of these snacks was a worse decision than an entire pint of Arctic Zero. They're decent, I like them, but the aftertaste is weird and I'm starting to feel sick a bit.
    Overall, if you tried one you tried them all. They vary in shapes but truly have the same taste which becomes less appealing after the first treat. My next review will definitely not feature more than one dessert at a time, I can't do this again xD I miss real dessert, and at this point I would rather eat less but something more satisfying. I really hate this aftertaste, and it's almost becoming too sweet in the worst way.
    lbw5hfcfq91y.jpg
    nzq0v77zm3fe.jpg
    4z0vhpjojylt.jpg
    vu15pt0cv084.jpg
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I picked these up today. I don't think they're new, but they are new to me. Delicious! One quarter-sized cookie is 20 calories. 0z8xjbsmzqnq.jpg