New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    roxyish71 wrote: »
    I tried the b up sugar cookie protein bar yesterday. I grabbed one while I was restocking on quest. While I was mildly disappointed that there were no rainbow sprinkles :disappointed: it was freaking delicious. I loved how chewy it was.... kind of like a soft baked cookie.

I actually won a bid recently on eBay and scored 12 of these bars for around $9 including shipping o: I totally agree with you though, although I feel like they'd get old kind of fast. Has anyone tried their new Jammin bars with filled insides? I'm dying to try one!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    I tried the b up sugar cookie protein bar yesterday. I grabbed one while I was restocking on quest. While I was mildly disappointed that there were no rainbow sprinkles :disappointed: it was freaking delicious. I loved how chewy it was.... kind of like a soft baked cookie.

I actually won a bid recently on eBay and scored 12 of these bars for around $9 including shipping o: I totally agree with you though, although I feel like they'd get old kind of fast. Has anyone tried their new Jammin bars with filled insides? I'm dying to try one!!

I still haven't really figured out where to buy them, but they do look good.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

I bought their Apple Pie A La Mode Jammin' bar but haven't gotten around to trying it.

Today I tried the Combat Crunch Chocolate Cookie Dough Bar.

The bar must be good since it took me a decent amount of time to eat it. The bar has a dense chocolate outer shell & a cookie layer inside. It didn't taste much like cookie dough, but it reminded me of eating a candy bar with better nutritional information. I will definitely try this one again.

combatcrunch-choc-chip-cookie-600px-banner.jpg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I found them at GNC.
  • hgycta
    Options

I found them at GNC.

They have a store locator right on their website on yupbrands! I wrote to them out of curiosity of sending samples; unfortunately they don't send out freebies, but they did tell me that all their bars have free shipping, even if you were to order only one. :)
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    For all of you that receive coupons/free samples - do you e-mail the company asking for them to try OR are you part of a membership (like a monthly one) where you pay to try them?
  • hgycta
    edited October 2015
    Options
    cocates wrote: »
    For all of you that receive coupons/free samples - do you e-mail the company asking for them to try OR are you part of a membership (like a monthly one) where you pay to try them?

I've never paid for any membership to try food. The only time I paid to "try" food was when I bought ThinSlim's sampler pack recently, which I used a 50% coupon for from signing up for their emails. I usually email the company directly on their website; whenever contact information isn't provided (such as with B-Up), I will write them an actual letter and mail it in, but that's only when I find myself bored and have extra time (helps that I live close to the post office).
    If you follow a company's social media you can generally win free things, as well. I actually was one of Entenmann's lucky winners and received 52 product coupons up to $7 for their free donuts for a year giveaway >.>
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,614 Member
    Options

I found them at GNC.

They have a store locator right on their website on yupbrands! I wrote to them out of curiosity of sending samples; unfortunately they don't send out freebies, but they did tell me that all their bars have free shipping, even if you were to order only one. :)

The yupbrands website has mini sugar cookie, mint, and pb protein bars! You have to buy a box of 45 of them but...MINI!

(I'm still buying one of each full size flavor I want to try first.)

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

I've never paid for any membership to try food. The only time I paid to "try" food was when I bought ThinSlim's sampler pack recently, which I used a 50% coupon for from signing up for their emails. I usually email the company directly on their website; whenever contact information isn't provided (such as with B-Up), I will write them an actual letter and mail it in, but that's only when I find myself bored and have extra time (helps that I live close to the post office).
    If you follow a company's social media you can generally win free things, as well. I actually was one of Entenmann's lucky winners and received 52 product coupons up to $7 for their free donuts for a year giveaway >.>
    That's pretty cool!

• Francl27
    Options
    Ok made this

trader-joes-pumpkin-cornbread-mix.jpg?w=394&h=499

More cakey than a regular cornbread, was more like a muffin really, but good, just a calorie bomb. I wonder if the consistency is similar with their regular cornbread. Will have to see. As it is I won't buy it again.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    21859150004_2c642792c3_z.jpg

Impulsive Buy said this was found at Food 4 Less.
  • Francl27
    Options

I can't quite imagine either of those flavors mixed with peanuts...
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options

I tried these! The gingerbread was my favorite! Sugar cookie was good, but just tasted like vanilla pb.
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Yes! The gingerbread flavor is the one that had me most excited. Glad to hear it was your fav.
  • Lord007
    Lord007 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    yourad0rk wrote: »
    I've been on a bit of a protein hype the past few weeks and was really looking around for some good bars and found Quest Bars, I bought the 'Cookies and Cream' and 'Double Chocolate Chunk'. They're horrible, they taste like artificial sweetener and salt, and I can never stomach more than half a bar in one sitting, I've found that they're more palatable when cold, although that means they're harsh on your teeth. But despite all that, they're really good for you, and not a bad (even if horrid tasting) filling snack for on the go.

I'm interested in trying the Quest Protein chips though, and have bought some BBQ flavoured ones which I'm still waiting on in the post. Fingers crossed they taste better than the bars, and also better than 'Protein Bites' by Novo which carry a very strange taste regardless of flavour.

I've tried the Quest Protein chips. The Sea Salt is the best of the 4. For only 120 calories with 21g protein, it's a very good alternative to regular chips/ I've bought those on several occasions. :) I'll pass on the others
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Lord007 wrote: »
    I've been on a bit of a protein hype the past few weeks and was really looking around for some good bars and found Quest Bars, I bought the 'Cookies and Cream' and 'Double Chocolate Chunk'. They're horrible, they taste like artificial sweetener and salt, and I can never stomach more than half a bar in one sitting, I've found that they're more palatable when cold, although that means they're harsh on your teeth. But despite all that, they're really good for you, and not a bad (even if horrid tasting) filling snack for on the go.

I'm interested in trying the Quest Protein chips though, and have bought some BBQ flavoured ones which I'm still waiting on in the post. Fingers crossed they taste better than the bars, and also better than 'Protein Bites' by Novo which carry a very strange taste regardless of flavour.

I've tried the Quest Protein chips. The Sea Salt is the best of the 4. For only 120 calories with 21g protein, it's a very good alternative to regular chips/ I've bought those on several occasions. :) I'll pass on the others

I like the Quest Protein chips a lot. All 3 I've tried are good. Sea Salt, Cheddar, and BBQ.
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options

+1; the others are okay, but the Sea Salt is the best. IMO.
  • Francl27
    Options

+1; the others are okay, but the Sea Salt is the best. IMO.

Man I've never tried that one...