New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    I read somewhere that the Cinnamon Bun Oreos are even better microwaved a little bit, so I tried and agree it makes them much better but overall I'm still not as impressed as I had hoped. Very good, but still could have been better. I won't ever stop obsessing about the Red Velvet version, SOOOO much better, THAT should be the new permanent addition to the Oreo family! c;

I picked up both flavours from Kroger today, and I noticed that the Red Velvet ones are not in limited edition packaging. Not sure what to make of that. I haven't tried either yet, but probably will tonight.

I also picked up some Kodiak cakes flapjack mix, which I've never tried before, but I like oatmeal pancakes so I figured I'd give it a shot. I've seen it mentioned on this thread before, so does anyone have suggestions for how best to prepare it? It says to just add water, but I know with the P28 mix I got, adding 1tsp of oil makes it come out with a much better texture (less biscuit-like).

I also still can't find the Oikos Crunch coconut bliss flavour. My Kroger only seems to want to carry the banana one and the key lime one. I like the banana one, but I don't really like key lime yogurts generally. I got a coconut Light & Fit and thought it was good, but as with all of the Light & Fit yogurts, it's overly sweet. I bet the normal one is great if I like the L&F one this much!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that the Cinnamon Bun Oreos are even better microwaved a little bit, so I tried and agree it makes them much better but overall I'm still not as impressed as I had hoped. Very good, but still could have been better. I won't ever stop obsessing about the Red Velvet version, SOOOO much better, THAT should be the new permanent addition to the Oreo family! c;

I picked up both flavours from Kroger today, and I noticed that the Red Velvet ones are not in limited edition packaging. Not sure what to make of that. I haven't tried either yet, but probably will tonight.

I also picked up some Kodiak cakes flapjack mix, which I've never tried before, but I like oatmeal pancakes so I figured I'd give it a shot. I've seen it mentioned on this thread before, so does anyone have suggestions for how best to prepare it? It says to just add water, but I know with the P28 mix I got, adding 1tsp of oil makes it come out with a much better texture (less biscuit-like).

I also still can't find the Oikos Crunch coconut bliss flavour. My Kroger only seems to want to carry the banana one and the key lime one. I like the banana one, but I don't really like key lime yogurts generally. I got a coconut Light & Fit and thought it was good, but as with all of the Light & Fit yogurts, it's overly sweet. I bet the normal one is great if I like the L&F one this much!

Man I really hope the Red Velvet are not limited edition because they are definitely my favorite ones, but I have too many cookies right now to justify buying more at the moment (so many girl scout cookies).

For the Kodiak cakes, I think it depends on what kind you got... but I'm going to assume that you got the oats one, and I haven't tried that one, so I'll be waiting for comments too! For the other two, I've tried with milk and egg, with milk, and with water, and I actually like the water version best.

For the Oikos Crunch coconut, I hope you find it, it's really good! I've only seen one store that carries it though (Shop Rite, but only one out of the two I've been at).
  • mathandcats
    edited January 2016
    Options
    This is the one I got. It was actually the only one at the store, and I didn't realize there were so many options! So I guess I just got the original one, not the actual oatmeal one. If I like these, I'll definitely try the oatmeal.
    0tzr6qcnnswr.jpg

I also picked this up. It was on sale and I had a $1.25 off coupon, which made it only $2.25. gydc1u6f8smx.jpg

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Man I really hope the Red Velvet are not limited edition because they are definitely my favorite ones, but I have too many cookies right now to justify buying more at the moment (so many girl scout cookies).

For the Kodiak cakes, I think it depends on what kind you got... but I'm going to assume that you got the oats one, and I haven't tried that one, so I'll be waiting for comments too! For the other two, I've tried with milk and egg, with milk, and with water, and I actually like the water version best.

For the Oikos Crunch coconut, I hope you find it, it's really good! I've only seen one store that carries it though (Shop Rite, but only one out of the two I've been at).
    I think they're just for Valentines Day.

ETA: I hadn't read mathandcats post. Nabisco making red velvet a permanent flavor does seem pretty interesting.

• Francl27
    Options
    This is the one I got. It was actually the only one at the store, and I didn't realize there were so many options! So I guess I just got the original one, not the actual oatmeal one. If I like these, I'll definitely try the oatmeal.
    0tzr6qcnnswr.jpg

I also picked this up. It was on sale and I had a $1.25 off coupon, which made it only $2.25. gydc1u6f8smx.jpg

I love the Frontier one. I just use water and it's very satisfying to me.

I like Bear Naked granola too but never tried that flavor.
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Spotted these tonight at the store! I'm so excited to try. The maple smell coming through the package is making me drool. I also grabbed a pack of the cinnamon bun Oreos as well. Today is a good day!
    mkbi3mp3qa05.jpeg
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    scastor27 wrote: »
    Spotted these tonight at the store! I'm so excited to try. The maple smell coming through the package is making me drool. I also grabbed a pack of the cinnamon bun Oreos as well. Today is a good day!
    mkbi3mp3qa05.jpeg

I tried these and love them!!! Yesterday I toasted one and wasn't crazy about it but I had one again this morning untoasted and it was a thousand times better. I think they have like little pockets of maple syrup or something similar to the cakes used in McGriddles!!! So good, but toasted you can't really feel or taste where those pockets are too much!
  • mathandcats
    Options
    So I tried one of each of the cinnamon bun and red velvet oreos. I agree with most people here: the red velvet are better. The cinnamon ones are alright, but not really that reminiscent of a cinnamon bun to me. The cinnamon flavour is a bit weak I guess. Not bad, but I don't have any trouble not eating a ton of them (which I can't say about the lemon or mint ones, two of my favourites). I preferred the gingerbread ones over the cinnamon bun. I really like the filling in the red velvet though!
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @hgycta thanks for the heads up! My BF has already requested Mcgriddles at home, lol!
  • CooCooPuff
    edited January 2016
    Options
    So I tried one of each of the cinnamon bun and red velvet oreos. I agree with most people here: the red velvet are better. The cinnamon ones are alright, but not really that reminiscent of a cinnamon bun to me. The cinnamon flavour is a bit weak I guess. Not bad, but I don't have any trouble not eating a ton of them (which I can't say about the lemon or mint ones, two of my favourites). I preferred the gingerbread ones over the cinnamon bun. I really like the filling in the red velvet though!
    Yeah, I tried four cinnamon Oreos today and had this problem. They were good, but the I was too caught up in the hype, especially after white fudge Oreos! I might try to microwave them like @hgycta mentioned. I tried the red velvet last year and didn't really enjoy them. :/

At least I've got Girl Scot cookies soon!

• fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    scastor27 wrote: »
    @hgycta thanks for the heads up! My BF has already requested Mcgriddles at home, lol!

mcgriddles are my husbands favorites and i use this recipie.. its amazing! you make hard maple syrup crush it up and sprinkle it as the pancake is cooking and voilà pockets oh syrup.

http://hilahcooking.com/homemade-mcdonalds-mcgriddles/
  • mathandcats
    Options
    I'm confused about my Kodiak Cakes nutritional info. Everything in the database and on their webpage says its 130 cal for 38g. But my box says 53g is 130cal. The ingredients are slightly different from what is listed on the Kodiak cakes webpage as well: mine says 100% whole wheat flour, 100% whole grain oat flour, non-fat dry milk, dry honey, leavening, whey protein concentrate, and sea salt. On their webpage for this product (the original whole wheat, oat, and honey one), they list "Ingredients: 100% whole grain wheat flour, 100% whole grain oat flour, non-fat dry milk, dried honey (honey, wheat starch), leavening (sodium bicarbonate, monocalcium phosphate), egg whites, sea salt." So they seem to have replaced egg whites with whey protein and lowered the calories?
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    6mu5ncgx731a.jpg
    These are REALLY yummy! I love how they're individually portioned, so I can freeze the pack and pull off a cookie or two and bake as needed. I usually make two in the toaster oven when I'm in the mood for a great. They're moist and sweet and chocolate-y and they don't have any of the graininess that some gluten free baked goods have!

neh3ckqycgzk.jpg
    These are okay, I guess. I was just in the mood for some gummies and these were the only ones that I could find nearby without artificial colors. There's not too much to say -- they taste like gummies. I think Annie's taste a little fruitier, though.

3u6s0w1y7jeq.jpg
    I saw this last time I went to Kroger and decided to get it since I had a $1.00 off coupon. It tastes really good! It's creamier than regular almond or coconut milk and it's sweet with just a hint of tropical flavor from the coconut. It's not too sweet, either. Just right!

22zv9k68oics.jpg
    I didn't like the first spoonful of this that I tried, but Ii started to like it more and more as I kept eating it. By the end, I was licking the bottom of the container looking for more. It's sweet, but not cloyingly so. The peach brings the sweet, but the tropicalness of the mango helps reign it in. I normally try to avoid soy, but this was yummy!

laxhsakgd13n.jpg
    I prefer these to the Silk yogurts. They're thicker, and I like coconut milk more than soy milk anyway. They're a little too sweet to be yogurt, though. More like a dessert. I like the plain yogurt from this brand better.

8v8s3rty76mg.jpg
    I think I'm in love with this stuff. It makes my coffee perfectly creamy and gives it just that hint of sweetness that takes coffee from a caffeine delivery medium to a treat. I'll have to keep my portions of it in check to make sure I'm not eating outside of my deficit.

3xn690amac5a.jpg
    This was expensive, but I was really impressed by it! I made it as dinner rolls using the directions on their website. It was really easy to make, and everyone in my family loved it! Even my mom (who HATES everything gluten free) ate them and couldn't tell the difference between these and a roll made with gluten! The nutrition facts on it aren't too bad either -- this has a really good amount of fiber I it considering that it is a gluten free flour blend. I'll have to try some of their other mixes!
  • Charleigh007
    Charleigh007 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Pop tarts and Oreo's ?????
  • Francl27
    Options
    I'm confused about my Kodiak Cakes nutritional info. Everything in the database and on their webpage says its 130 cal for 38g. But my box says 53g is 130cal. The ingredients are slightly different from what is listed on the Kodiak cakes webpage as well: mine says 100% whole wheat flour, 100% whole grain oat flour, non-fat dry milk, dry honey, leavening, whey protein concentrate, and sea salt. On their webpage for this product (the original whole wheat, oat, and honey one), they list "Ingredients: 100% whole grain wheat flour, 100% whole grain oat flour, non-fat dry milk, dried honey (honey, wheat starch), leavening (sodium bicarbonate, monocalcium phosphate), egg whites, sea salt." So they seem to have replaced egg whites with whey protein and lowered the calories?

Odd! Mine are 130 for 38g.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    Yup! Pop Tarts came out with three new flavors this year, and Oreos has cinnamon bun so far!

There's a lot of new stuff to look forward to this year.
  • Francl27
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Yup! Pop Tarts came out with three new flavors this year, and Oreos has cinnamon bun so far!

There's a lot of new stuff to look forward to this year.

I'm actually sad I didn't buy the sugar cookie pop tarts the only time I saw them.

Has anyone tried the chocolate caramel ones? My issue I guess is that I mostly like pop tarts with ice cream, so the calories add up very quickly, lol.
  • Triplestep
    Triplestep Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    8v8s3rty76mg.jpg
    I think I'm in love with this stuff. It makes my coffee perfectly creamy and gives it just that hint of sweetness that takes coffee from a caffeine delivery medium to a treat. I'll have to keep my portions of it in check to make sure I'm not eating outside of my deficit.

May I ask where you got this? I would love to break up with the Carnation version!
  • spat095
    spat095 Posts: 105 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Tried some Flapjacked protein pancake mixes this week. I liked the consistency and texture of all of them (made them all with almond milk only), and they definitely kept me really full. I was most excited to try the banana hazelnut and carrot spice flavors, but, meh...they were just okay. The apple cinnamon flavor was my favorite, I added a little extra cinnamon. Very satisfying breakfast!