New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Shop Rite has the cinnamon Oreos in their weekly ad that is starting on Sunday... so I'm guessing they'll be out a bit faster than we thought.

Not great timing because we have 8 boxes of girl scout cookies to eat, but it will be eaten.. eventually.
    Girl Scout cookies are out?
    I still have whats left of my candy cane 2wisters and an unopened box of white fudge Oreos to go through. :open_mouth:
    I'll probably pick up cinnamon bun Oreos as soon as I see them. They're the first new flavor out in a while, and I'm worried they'll disappear like the cotton candy ones.

Oddly enough, Kroger still has lemon Oreos. I have no interest in them but weren't they seasonal?

Yeah today's the first official sale day for girl scout cookies! We're finishing up some Keebler cookies then we'll get started on them (we're selling them so I got them last Saturday).

You're two months ahead of us on the Girl Scout cookies. We get them in March.

I don't see that we have any markets under the Shop Rite banner or have bought into Shop Rite. Bummer.

Really? How odd.

Well...California. Our big ones are Kroger and Safeway. And Walmart/Target, of course. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Shop Rite has the cinnamon Oreos in their weekly ad that is starting on Sunday... so I'm guessing they'll be out a bit faster than we thought.

Not great timing because we have 8 boxes of girl scout cookies to eat, but it will be eaten.. eventually.
    Girl Scout cookies are out?
    I still have whats left of my candy cane 2wisters and an unopened box of white fudge Oreos to go through. :open_mouth:
    I'll probably pick up cinnamon bun Oreos as soon as I see them. They're the first new flavor out in a while, and I'm worried they'll disappear like the cotton candy ones.

Oddly enough, Kroger still has lemon Oreos. I have no interest in them but weren't they seasonal?

Yeah today's the first official sale day for girl scout cookies! We're finishing up some Keebler cookies then we'll get started on them (we're selling them so I got them last Saturday).

You're two months ahead of us on the Girl Scout cookies. We get them in March.

I don't see that we have any markets under the Shop Rite banner or have bought into Shop Rite. Bummer.

Really? How odd.

Well...California. Our big ones are Kroger and Safeway. And Walmart/Target, of course. :)

I meant for the cookies!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    LOL oh!

I'd rather have them now. March is our busiest time and my boss buys like 20 boxes of cookies from each client who has a girl scout. He gives them away but...they're here. And I live for the Do Si Dos :) Every year I thank god the packaging gets smaller and smaller. :p
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Hmm, last year, I remember seeing Girl Scouts sold at grocery stores around February.
  • Francl27
    Hmm, last year, I remember seeing Girl Scouts sold at grocery stores around February.

Here it's from January 14 to March 7th. Sadly all the people I know here have girls and they all sell cookies so I'm not going to sell much...
  • Francl27
    edited January 2016
    Ok I'm curious about that red velvet cake Oikos yogurt that's coming out.

What can it even taste like?

(can't link off impulsive buy apparently)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    @space_case @hgycta thanks for the recommendation. I want to try the ONE bars because I LOVE all things birthday cake. My vitamin shoppe didn't have, but I may order to try.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    spat095 wrote: »
    I've seen them mentioned in this thread already, but I had to come in here and rave about the new Luna bars (dark chocolate hazelnut, dark chocolate mocha almond, peanut butter dark chocolate chunk) - I never liked Luna bars before, but these are awesome. All the flavors I mentioned are great, especially the hazelnut. Lower sugar than "old" luna bars and slightly higher protein (though certainly not "high" at 8-9 g). Really yummy.

Where did you find them?

I found them before at target! I agree @Francl27 they are REALLY good. I love the chocolate hazelnut.
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    yoltk7j1yqdn.jpeg
    Just found these at target!!
  • spat095
    spat095 Posts: 105 Member
    spat095 wrote: »
    I've seen them mentioned in this thread already, but I had to come in here and rave about the new Luna bars (dark chocolate hazelnut, dark chocolate mocha almond, peanut butter dark chocolate chunk) - I never liked Luna bars before, but these are awesome. All the flavors I mentioned are great, especially the hazelnut. Lower sugar than "old" luna bars and slightly higher protein (though certainly not "high" at 8-9 g). Really yummy.

Where did you find them?

Target!
  • Francl27
    Look who's going to Target today lol. Thanks all.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Oh man, those dark chocolate raspberry cupcakes will be mine.
  • space_case
    space_case Posts: 89 Member
    Did you purchase the birthday cake flavor online?

No, in store at Vitamin Shoppe. I think they must have been brand new cause they were actually sampling them (which I found out after I bought it lol).
    Loving these cookies also....

six_complete_cookies_pack111__86665.1390927957.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

Those cookies are phenomenal BUT I didn't realize they were 2 servings per package at first so that threw off my day a bit -_-
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Oh man, those dark chocolate raspberry cupcakes will be mine.

They are so good! Very rich and one seems like almost too much!
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    @Noreenmarie1234 I don't know if it was a fluke or what but the quest bars I bought from CyberMonday on Quest's website tasted much better than the box I got maybe back in sept at least the Chocolate Chunk. Now the boxes I got from GNC (Banana Nut) were the new formula too but they were hard like rocks (which the new formula shouldn't be).
    I don't know if they fixed it or my taste buds adapted but I trust that I can buy Quest again but might need to stay away from GNC's supply. Their warehouse may not be quest friendly.

Bars that I found were just fine: Chocolate Chunk, White Chocolate Raspberry, Cinnamon Bun (reminds me of the stevia + cinnamon popcorn I do). The S'mores is definitely different but works in a different way.

All Boxes were 13-14g fiber and should be the new formula. I don't know if anyone else feels the same way but I don't know if you've tried one since the change.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    I found a box of Special K's new Red Velvet 100 Calorie Pastry Crisps today at Target and me being a huge red velvet fan I had to buy it.
    What a major disappointment. It tastes like a much less impressive red velvet pop tart lacking in filling. Highly artificial and nothing impressive; overly sweet, and not in a good way.
    That being said, I also tried something new (to me) last night: IHOP's Red Velvet Pancakes.
    Holy cow.
    They're seasonal, so I STRONGLY recommend everyone here tries them if you haven't yet!!! I'm normally not a huge Ihop fan, but these things blew me away. Definitely my new favorite pancakes from them!!! Very soft, thick, and rich in cocoa flavoring. Perfect in every way. I repeat: try them!!!
  • Francl27
    hgycta wrote: »
    I found a box of Special K's new Red Velvet 100 Calorie Pastry Crisps today at Target and me being a huge red velvet fan I had to buy it.
    What a major disappointment. It tastes like a much less impressive red velvet pop tart lacking in filling. Highly artificial and nothing impressive; overly sweet, and not in a good way.
    That being said, I also tried something new (to me) last night: IHOP's Red Velvet Pancakes.
    Holy cow.
    They're seasonal, so I STRONGLY recommend everyone here tries them if you haven't yet!!! I'm normally not a huge Ihop fan, but these things blew me away. Definitely my new favorite pancakes from them!!! Very soft, thick, and rich in cocoa flavoring. Perfect in every way. I repeat: try them!!!

Mmm. I saw the red velvet pastry crisps but I'm not into red velvet stuff that much... I love their chocolate ones though!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    besee_2000 wrote: »
    @Noreenmarie1234 I don't know if it was a fluke or what but the quest bars I bought from CyberMonday on Quest's website tasted much better than the box I got maybe back in sept at least the Chocolate Chunk. Now the boxes I got from GNC (Banana Nut) were the new formula too but they were hard like rocks (which the new formula shouldn't be).
    I don't know if they fixed it or my taste buds adapted but I trust that I can buy Quest again but might need to stay away from GNC's supply. Their warehouse may not be quest friendly.

Bars that I found were just fine: Chocolate Chunk, White Chocolate Raspberry, Cinnamon Bun (reminds me of the stevia + cinnamon popcorn I do). The S'mores is definitely different but works in a different way.

All Boxes were 13-14g fiber and should be the new formula. I don't know if anyone else feels the same way but I don't know if you've tried one since the change.

Yeah they recently sent out an email saying they "fixed" the recipe. But when they had their beta testers and new bars sent they sent me some and they were the same consistency and soft like the old bars....but the taste was still not the same. They still had the weird artificial taste to them and were still missing the "addictive" taste that made them so good. (which I am assuming was their perfect blend of protein, iso-IMOS and use of stevia over sucralose). The ones I had were just mediocre. Not fantastic like the old bars were. They weren't unpalatable like the first batches, but they weren't something I would spend the money I was on the old bars for and they just aren't AS good.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Looks like I'll be using up a lot of my Sunday calories to try those IHOP red velvet pancakes. Their pancakes usually fill me for the entire day so it's fine.