New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• exoticpumpkin
    exoticpumpkin Posts: 24 Member
    I have been eating these like it's going out of style! Noodles made out of beans might seem like they are going to taste disgusting or have some weird flavor/texture. I am an italian girl and LOVE my pasta, I was super skeptical about these simply because they were made out of beans. While nothing can truly replace good old spaghetti, these are a great, nutrient/fiber dense substitute. They are SUPER filling, the serving size is 2 oz (dry) but I can usually only eat 1/2 that, throw some chicken and marinara sauce on top and you have a protein packed meal that will keep you full for hours! This is the first time I have posted pictures on here so I hope I did it right?!?!

aqx8sbsnfv8a.jpg
    ivlww3g2l8ts.jpg
    p13kkm4iryjf.jpg
    icysi1rzagys.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited January 2016
    I have been eating these like it's going out of style! Noodles made out of beans might seem like they are going to taste disgusting or have some weird flavor/texture. I am an italian girl and LOVE my pasta, I was super skeptical about these simply because they were made out of beans. While nothing can truly replace good old spaghetti, these are a great, nutrient/fiber dense substitute. They are SUPER filling, the serving size is 2 oz (dry) but I can usually only eat 1/2 that, throw some chicken and marinara sauce on top and you have a protein packed meal that will keep you full for hours! This is the first time I have posted pictures on here so I hope I did it right?!?!

aqx8sbsnfv8a.jpg
    ivlww3g2l8ts.jpg
    p13kkm4iryjf.jpg
    icysi1rzagys.jpg

The only ones I tried from that brand was the mung bean ones and it totally turned me off, lol. But I should try the other ones if I ever find them..
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    cdudley628 wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »

There's the whole flipping the pancake thing that gets me. I may not have mentioned enough how much I DON'T COOK AND NOTHING EVER TURNS OUT RIGHT WHEN I TRY thing. :p Plus so many steps with the mixing and the flipping! :)

If you're having a problem with the flipping, I would suggest making smaller pancakes and waiting until you know the bottom is properly cooked by looking to see if the pancake is getting those little air bubbles on top. Pancakes are pretty much the only thing I can cook.

LOL I'm not even sure I've ever even tried making pancakes but I've heard about the bubble tell. I was only planning on doing a half serving at a time so thought about throwing it in the microwave to see how it works.

Maybe one day I'll get anbitious and actually turn the stove on. Ok, well, that's the only way to make a Trader Joe's mahi mahi burger but for other things! :)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    A quick stop to Kroger for some vegetables turned into a lot of new things for me!

Free-Chobani-Simply-100-Cruch-Yogurt-Cup-at-Kroger.jpeg
    Chobani's 100 Calorie Crunch was their Free Friday Download. I picked up this flavor because I like cookies and blueberry. I know I should have expected what I got for 100 calories, but the amount of mixins provided was super disappointing. Muller Flips this is not.... Speaking of Muller, I checked on Google just now to compare the calorie counts, and they're no longer producing in the US. :(
    Kroger has some really interesting flavors for flips. I only saw lemon zucchini and apricot butternut squash, but I really want to try the cherry beets.

LunaProd_LunaBar_IOR.png
    Pretty nice. This and the peanut butter cookie flavor were on clearance for 25 cents! I bought a few singles of some other varieties, four oatmeal, and two peanut butter bars.

23295325389_37673a8bdc_z.jpg
    I finally got around to trying this. The chocolate drizzle was tasty. There wasn't much of a marshmallow flavor. I'm glad I didn't pay full price for this.
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    Has anyone tried Quest's new Cookies & Cream protein shake yet? I just got my Healthy Awards certificate from the Vitamin Shoppe, and I was thinking about buying a container but then noticed the recipe is different from their other protein powders... of course. First the bars, now the powders! On the ingredients list after protein blend I noticed erythritol... I've had both really good and really bad experiences with this ingredient, both in terms of taste and physical effects (not to be blunt, but one time I consumed more than I should have and got TERRIBLE gas, even though several sources claim it won't cause that...)

I'm hoping one of you guys can tell me if it's worth it or not before I end up with something possibly disappointing! Quest really is hit or miss with me, I either love them or hate them :x

Not that one but I have 3 containers of their powders right now! As long as I stick to the serving size or a bit less, I'm fine, but too much messes up my stomach too.
    Would you say the flavors are worth the price? I think there's an upcoming sale 20% off at HEB, which would put the powders at around 31.

I picked up Myprotein in the past, but I don't like that they've sent near expiring flavors OR their apple custard.

Do you like chocolate? Because you know those fun dip candies? The ones where they have that thing you lick and dip in powder and lick some more? I would totally use the chocolate milkshake flavor as the powder.
    Neat! I'll definitely consider picking up a tub if everything at home is okay.
  • Melij
    Melij Posts: 95 Member
    I have not seen the Greek whip yet What store did u get them at. Definitely going to look for the chocolate peanut butter pop tart. I know it is probably not the healthiest to eat but sounds good for a portion controlled treat. My new find Is sugar free silk cashew milk. I LOVE it better then almond milk

• Melij
    I got Dannon Light and Fit Greek mousse today at Walmart. Haven't tried it yet but I eat the Dannon L & F greek yogurt all the time.
  • Melij
    Like peanut butter but hate the calories and fat? PB2, all natural dehydrated peanut powder. Mix with a TBSP water and have a peanut butter snack or sandwich.
    Ingredients Roasted peanuts, sugar, and salt
    Serving Size 2 Tablespoons (12g)
    Servings Per Container 15
    Calories 45

Comes in chocolate too - cztpwxpan8yo.jpg
    PB2.jpg 28.1K
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    9egq6yu59umc.jpeg

Probably not new but my Safeway just got this in. So good!!! Velvety creamy texture and the smoke flavor is a really nice addition to plain hummus.
  • irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    Melij wrote: »
    Like peanut butter but hate the calories and fat? PB2, all natural dehydrated peanut powder. Mix with a TBSP water and have a peanut butter snack or sandwich.
    Calories 45

I never use PB2 to make peanut butter, it just isn't the same. It is great mixed through yogurt or as a peanut/satay flavour in stir fry.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Speaking of Muller, I checked on Google just now to compare the calorie counts, and they're no longer producing in the US. :(

Nooo!!! But I am glad that you posted this. I made an unplanned run to the store and picked up the last 7 Muller Raspberry Brownie Supremes. I had been abstaining while I lose the holiday pudge, but I couldn't handle not having one again. I am very sad about this.

For some reason, Ralph's didn't even have a spot for the Oikos crunches today. I wanted to try the coconut one :(

• CooCooPuff
    edited January 2016
    wearmi1 wrote: »
    9egq6yu59umc.jpeg

Probably not new but my Safeway just got this in. So good!!! Velvety creamy texture and the smoke flavor is a really nice addition to plain hummus.
    I have bought some pumpkin pie hummus a few weeks ago. I really enjoyed the last two tubs, but I Just keep forgetting it's in the fridge. I'll see if I can fit it in tomorrow.
    irenehb wrote: »
    Calories 45

I never use PB2 to make peanut butter, it just isn't the same. It is great mixed through yogurt or as a peanut/satay flavour in stir fry.
    I feel the same. I've haven't made stir fry in a while, but I never thought of using powdered PB for that!
    Speaking of Muller, I checked on Google just now to compare the calorie counts, and they're no longer producing in the US. :(

Nooo!!! But I am glad that you posted this. I made an unplanned run to the store and picked up the last 7 Muller Raspberry Brownie Supremes. I had been abstaining while I lose the holiday pudge, but I couldn't handle not having one again. I am very sad about this.

For some reason, Ralph's didn't even have a spot for the Oikos crunches today. I wanted to try the coconut one :(
    Yeah, Muller was really good. My Krogers had a few of these on clearance. I might pick one or two up if I go tomorrow or Thursday.

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited January 2016
    Francl27 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    Has anyone tried Quest's new Cookies & Cream protein shake yet? I just got my Healthy Awards certificate from the Vitamin Shoppe, and I was thinking about buying a container but then noticed the recipe is different from their other protein powders... of course. First the bars, now the powders! On the ingredients list after protein blend I noticed erythritol... I've had both really good and really bad experiences with this ingredient, both in terms of taste and physical effects (not to be blunt, but one time I consumed more than I should have and got TERRIBLE gas, even though several sources claim it won't cause that...)

I'm hoping one of you guys can tell me if it's worth it or not before I end up with something possibly disappointing! Quest really is hit or miss with me, I either love them or hate them :x

Not that one but I have 3 containers of their powders right now! As long as I stick to the serving size or a bit less, I'm fine, but too much messes up my stomach too.
    Would you say the flavors are worth the price? I think there's an upcoming sale 20% off at HEB, which would put the powders at around 31.

I picked up Myprotein in the past, but I don't like that they've sent near expiring flavors OR their apple custard.

Do you like chocolate? Because you know those fun dip candies? The ones where they have that thing you lick and dip in powder and lick some more? I would totally use the chocolate milkshake flavor as the powder.

I've tried every flavor from Quest so far besides their Cookies flavor, and my favorite is their Vanilla Milkshake followed by the Peanut Butter. They're all good, in my opinion, but the chocolate is less impressive compared to these first two. The vanilla is very sweet, clean, and versatile and mixes well with many things (even oatmeal) and you can do a lot more with shake flavors (adding various nut butter flavors, bananas, or flavored milks/coffees). The peanut butter limits you more, but is very good and tastes like a sweeter powdered peanut butter. The salted caramel was great at first but then kind of got old, same with their strawberries & cream which I still enjoy more than the salted caramel, surprisingly. The chocolate, on the other hand, again is good but no more impressive than any other chocolate milkshake protein powder I've tried (especially when comparing to a brand like Musclepharm or EAS). If you like milk chocolate, you may like this. But I like dark chocolate, if I'm getting chocolate I want CHOCOLATE, and this just didn't cut it for me. Lastly, the banana cream was good but I haven't invested in an entire tub yet so I'm not sure how long the excitement would stay, I've only tried a sample packet.
    All in all, unless you're a die hard chocolate fan I would suggest getting vanilla milkshake as your first flavor, even if it were just a sample packet. If you write to their live chat though on their website they usually are pretty good about sending out free samples!
  • CooCooPuff
    edited January 2016
    I still have a sample of their peanut butter that I have yet to try, lol. I don't want to use it until I can get a full tub to last me a while. Strawberries and cream was very yummy.

I only have one more Talenti tub full of apple custard, and then Myprotein whey is out of my life~<3
    I'd still recommend their Flavdrops. I've been adding their peanut butter drops to plain Greek yogurt and love it
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    I found Nutchello at Kroger, and I got the caramel almond cashew one. It's not that good. It does taste like all three of these things, but mostly just pretty watery and boring. The flavour is too mild for me.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    wearmi1 wrote: »
    9egq6yu59umc.jpeg

I tried the smoked black bean flavor this weekend. It's pretty good, but the jalapeños overpower the smoke flavor. In retrospect, i kind of wish that i had bought a traditional humus. I miss the tasty olive oil. :(
  • Francl27
    edited January 2016
    I found Nutchello at Kroger, and I got the caramel almond cashew one. It's not that good. It does taste like all three of these things, but mostly just pretty watery and boring. The flavour is too mild for me.

That's a bummer :(

About Muller yogurts, yeah, the company that produced them decided to break from them or something. I read an article somewhere about it...

Someone mentioned this and yes, they are tasty.

61y%2Be2u8QNL._SX300_.jpg

Now waiting to find the Luna chocolate hazelnut bars...
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    On Impulsive buy I seen a someone comment about the Cinnamon Bun Oreos & the other variety that will be limited edition. They had asked a question in the comment section, & Mavro responded that they may be out Monday, January 25th.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    I got Dannon Light and Fit Greek mousse today at Walmart. Haven't tried it yet but I eat the Dannon L & F greek yogurt all the time.

Ooh, tell us how you like it.
  • CooCooPuff
    On Impulsive buy I seen a someone comment about the Cinnamon Bun Oreos & the other variety that will be limited edition. They had asked a question in the comment section, & Mavro responded that they may be out Monday, January 25th.
    It's either those or the creme filled ones. It's so weird with how quickly Oreos usually release

• Francl27

I thought they were not a limited edition?