New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    These are seasonal flavors, so the review is a bit late, but they went on sale for $6 each at work this week, so I thought I would give my opinion anyway...

7bzdvbbs4n2n.jpg
    Not my favorite. While it wasn't bad, there wasn't much of a pumpkin taste. You mostly taste the greens. The texture is alright, though.

ab6udsmrcfqb.jpg
    This one, on the other hand, was my favorite. It really does taste like a Girl Scout cookie, especially is you add just a smidge more cocoa and peppermint extract. I blended up one serving of this with two bananas to make the base for a chocolate peppermint smoothie bowl and it turned out really good!

cnkpd85abe60.jpg
    This one fell inbetween the other two taste-wise. It was kind of peppermint-vanilla flavored. You could taste some of the greens, but it didn't come across as powerfully as it did in the pumpkin. This would make a good smoothie booster.

pmfsg3gocq6q.jpg
    These are really yummy! It tastes like the garden salsa sun chips -- only they're healthier! I would get these more often, but they're too expensive to be anything more than an occasional treat. :(

On another note...has anyone ever tried this before?
    hugbmvaonadl.jpg
    I want to get some good tallow to cook with and spread on toast instead of lard that I have been using, but I'm unable to find any locally. This company seems to have a fairly good reputation, but I wondering if anyone here had any experience with their products.
  • Strawblackcat
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    fWNQlLG8.jpg

Has anyone ever tried this? This was truly and impulsive buy from Target. I'll probably whip some up on Monday or Tuesday.
    I haven't ever tried this variety specifically, but I have had their Paleo version that's made with almond, coconut, and cassava flour before. It was pretty good! Nice texture and really filling. The sweetness was kind of wowed though. I think they used Monk Fruit or something. It wasn't a bad weird -- just not like the stevia that I'm used to.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    memlady wrote: »
    I just found a brand called Walden Farms that has all kinds of dressings and etc. I am going to head to Walmart to pick up a few dressing. Can't wait to see how it taste!

Do NOT try the "peanut spread" ugh. Disgusting! I wasted SO much money on their products. The pancake syrup isn't too bad though.

How is their caramel spread?

The caramel spread I like to add to ice cream or in coffee (to make my own chocolate caramel lattes) or to pancake batter (for caramel flavor). It's not terrible, but I wouldn't say amazing. I would say it's a good substitute for caramely flavor when you want 0 calories though. If you try it not expecting it to taste like actual caramel sauce and just think of it as a flavoring and addition type thing, I think it's quite good.

I also really like to drizzle it on top of pudding or yogurt.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    jr4c227xm3bc.jpg

I can't find a pic of the flavour I actually got. I picked up some Oikos crunch in Banana Peanut Butter Crunch flavour - banana yogurt with peanut chips, chocolate chips, and some graham cracker pieces/crumbs. Pretty tasty! I wish there was a more prominent peanut butter and chocolate flavour to it, but if you like their banana cream yogurt (which I do, but admittedly it has an artificial banana taste to it), you'll probably like this one. I will buy it again. They were on for $1 each when I got them!

I'll probably try some of the other flavours too. But I went to the store at a busy time, and the yogurt section was pretty well picked over. This was the only one they had!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    jr4c227xm3bc.jpg

I can't find a pic of the flavour I actually got. I picked up some Oikos crunch in Banana Peanut Butter Crunch flavour - banana yogurt with peanut chips, chocolate chips, and some graham cracker pieces/crumbs. Pretty tasty! I wish there was a more prominent peanut butter and chocolate flavour to it, but if you like their banana cream yogurt (which I do, but admittedly it has an artificial banana taste to it), you'll probably like this one. I will buy it again. They were on for $1 each when I got them!

I'll probably try some of the other flavours too. But I went to the store at a busy time, and the yogurt section was pretty well picked over. This was the only one they had!

I don't like banana stuff so I passed on that one but I picked up the keylime pie one. I found the Yoplait Whips peach and cream too but I didn't buy it.

Had this. Tasty. Will definitely buy again.

23307101354_a82de022b1_z.jpg
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    These are seasonal flavors, so the review is a bit late, but they went on sale for $6 each at work this week, so I thought I would give my opinion anyway...

7bzdvbbs4n2n.jpg
    Not my favorite. While it wasn't bad, there wasn't much of a pumpkin taste. You mostly taste the greens. The texture is alright, though.

ab6udsmrcfqb.jpg
    This one, on the other hand, was my favorite. It really does taste like a Girl Scout cookie, especially is you add just a smidge more cocoa and peppermint extract. I blended up one serving of this with two bananas to make the base for a chocolate peppermint smoothie bowl and it turned out really good!

cnkpd85abe60.jpg
    This one fell inbetween the other two taste-wise. It was kind of peppermint-vanilla flavored. You could taste some of the greens, but it didn't come across as powerfully as it did in the pumpkin. This would make a good smoothie booster.

pmfsg3gocq6q.jpg
    These are really yummy! It tastes like the garden salsa sun chips -- only they're healthier! I would get these more often, but they're too expensive to be anything more than an occasional treat. :(

hugbmvaonadl.jpg
    I want to get some good tallow to cook with and spread on toast instead of lard that I have been using, but I'm unable to find any locally. This company seems to have a fairly good reputation, but I wondering if anyone here had any experience with their products.

i love amazing grass products i wish i would have seen these!
  • fishshark
    Options
    mtxjkkmhjlsq.jpeg
    this isnt new, but i have never had it. I shop at whole foods so usually get boring really sour organic yogurt. I though to my self man i really miss tasty yogurt like yoplait from my childhood. Saw this wow so much protien for such little calories.. wow such low sugar! the min i tasted it i figured out why, i assume artifical sweetners. I couldnt get past one bite it was so chemically. ugh so sad. Maybe this flavor just sucks :(
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »

7bzdvbbs4n2n.jpg

ab6udsmrcfqb.jpg

cnkpd85abe60.jpg

pmfsg3gocq6q.jpg

hugbmvaonadl.jpg

Amazing Grass for 6 dollars? :o

• Francl27
    Options
    mtxjkkmhjlsq.jpeg
    this isnt new, but i have never had it. I shop at whole foods so usually get boring really sour organic yogurt. I though to my self man i really miss tasty yogurt like yoplait from my childhood. Saw this wow so much protien for such little calories.. wow such low sugar! the min i tasted it i figured out why, i assume artifical sweetners. I couldnt get past one bite it was so chemically. ugh so sad. Maybe this flavor just sucks :(

It's not just that flavor lol. I can't stand most of them either. I just don't like sucralose because they always put too much in...
  • fishshark
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    mtxjkkmhjlsq.jpeg

It's not just that flavor lol. I can't stand most of them either. I just don't like sucralose because they always put too much in...

are there other brands you like that have good flavors? its either low calories and just plain ol sour yogurt or awesome flavors with gross artifical sweetner haha
  • Francl27
    Options
    mtxjkkmhjlsq.jpeg

are there other brands you like that have good flavors? its either low calories and just plain ol sour yogurt or awesome flavors with gross artifical sweetner haha

The Yoplait Greek Whips are not sour but I don't find them filling. I like Oikos Triple Zero but they have stevia, so some people don't like that either, lol. Otherwise, Evolve Kefir is great and not sour at all, or Stonyfield Petite Creme, if you can find them... they both have 12g of protein or more for 120ish calories... but are more expensive.
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    wearmi1 wrote: »
    6tzper6e6llc.jpeg
    My yummy new treats from Target! The Salted caramel bread is to die for! Excited to try the new chobani flips!!! The strawberry flavored m&m's are good!

Where'd you get the bread?

Target!!
  • Strawblackcat
    Options

7bzdvbbs4n2n.jpg

ab6udsmrcfqb.jpg

cnkpd85abe60.jpg

pmfsg3gocq6q.jpg

hugbmvaonadl.jpg

Amazing Grass for 6 dollars? :o

We put it in sale for 50% off, and my employee discount (30%) stacked on top of that to make it 80% off original price.

We also get to order free products and other stuff at 90% off MSRP directly from the website on occasion.
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    mtxjkkmhjlsq.jpeg

I personally like some of the other flavors and find that one specific flavor just plain disgusting.
  • Francl27
    Options
    23947282252_3c023894bb_o.jpg

Tasty. Big pieces of chocolate!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    fWNQlLG8.jpg

Has anyone ever tried this? This was truly and impulsive buy from Target. I'll probably whip some up on Monday or Tuesday.

I almost bought them but I have so many of the Kodiak powder still (which I really like!). Let us know please!

Apparently Triple Zero comes in caramel now too. Definitely will have to try that one (clearly I'm masochistic).
    I made some this morning and was pretty happy with them. They're quick and easy and paired pretty well with some peanut butter I made. I would be interested in picking up Kodiak just to compare them though. The regular price for Kodiak pancakes was the same as sales price for these.

• Francl27
    Options
    fWNQlLG8.jpg

I almost bought them but I have so many of the Kodiak powder still (which I really like!). Let us know please!

Apparently Triple Zero comes in caramel now too. Definitely will have to try that one (clearly I'm masochistic).
    I made some this morning and was pretty happy with them. They're quick and easy and paired pretty well with some peanut butter I made. I would be interested in picking up Kodiak just to compare them though. The regular price for Kodiak pancakes was the same as sales price for these.

I've tried the Power cakes and the Frontier ones... I like the Frontier better as pancakes, but I love using power cakes as 'bread' for sandwiches, lol. Delicious with savory toppings.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Do you guys have any idea on an easier way (I know...I know!) to make the protein pancakes without having to do the pancake thing? Like...something microwavable maybe? :)