New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited April 2016
    hgycta wrote: »
    I'm surprised no one posted about this yet, has anyone noticed Quest's new Facebook announcement for their new bars and other snacks?

New bars: oatmeal chocolate chip, rocky road, and blueberry muffin.
    New protein crunch (cereal bars): chocolate, cinnamon, peanut butter and chocolate, strawberry, and waffle
    Keto cups (looks like their cravings cups but different packaging): mint cream, peanut butter, fudge cream, vanilla cream
    And then a milk chocolate Keto bar.

I know a lot of people have mixed feelings about Quest ever since they changed their recipe, but I'm curious how they will be!

Seems interesting. I'm surprised they don't have a birthday cake flavor.

I haven't had a Quest bar since I finished my CCCD box a few months ago & I practically had to choke them down.

@Noreenmarie1234 you going to try any of the new items?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,492 Member
    I'm surprised no one posted about this yet, has anyone noticed Quest's new Facebook announcement for their new bars and other snacks?

New protein crunch (cereal bars): chocolate, cinnamon, peanut butter and chocolate, strawberry, and waffle
    Keto cups (looks like their cravings cups but different packaging): mint cream, peanut butter, fudge cream, vanilla cream

I know a lot of people have mixed feelings about Quest ever since they changed their recipe, but I'm curious how they will be!

Seems interesting. I'm surprised they don't have a birthday cake flavor.

I haven't had a Quest bar since I finished my CCCD box a few months ago & I practically had to choke them down.

@Noreenmarie1234 you going to try any of the new items?

I saw this and think it's just a big marketing ploy to try and regain all the business they lost recently. They have REALLY been pulling out all the marketing techniques. Kind of genius because it makes you order them all to try you know. I don't plan to try any of the bars (I can't stand the aftertaste, regular taste, texture, and upset stomach, plus I have 40 boxes old formula stocked up :) ). I never was crazy about the chips, but if they are changing them I may try. I also want to try the waffle flavored crunchy cereal bars. (See their marketing genius plan is working, I am willing to spend money on them again LOL).

I will probably wait for reviews on the products. Hope some are posted in here because usually ones on instagram and online are from "quest ambassadors team quest" people which are biased since they just want free products.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited April 2016
    r0v6yyp7py0c.jpg

This pic is from Spotted on Shelves, spotted in Australia. But my sister is living in Korea right now and they have them there too. She sent me a package. They got a bit crushed and are somewhat stale, but I can tell that if you like coffee flavoured desserts you will like these. They don't really scream "tiramisu" though, just coffee. I'm not such a huge fan, so I probably wouldn't buy this flavour over favourites such as mint or (regular size) lemon, but that's just personal preference. They're solid.
    I wonder if and when they'll be sold here

Chocolate and lemon thins will apparently be sold staring June 6th
  • CooCooPuff
    I haven't had a Quest bar since I finished my CCCD box a few months ago & I practically had to choke them down
    If I wasn't in a binging cycle at the time, I don't think I would have finished either bar. The new campaign really just rubs me the wrong way.

If the crunch bars are anything like the pumpkin pie ones, the crunch will taste like those awful Power Crunch wafers.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    jmarie1025 wrote: »

They're also changing the chips. I ordered several new products to try.

I'm scared of trying the chips now. I liked them as is.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,722 Member
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    I haven't had a Quest bar since I finished my CCCD box a few months ago & I practically had to choke them down
    If I wasn't in a binging cycle at the time, I don't think I would have finished either bar. The new campaign really just rubs me the wrong way.

If the crunch bars are anything like the pumpkin pie ones, the crunch will taste like those awful Power Crunch wafers.

Ohhhh I love power crunch bars. They're light and you barely know you've eaten one but they have that kit kat texture going for them....with protein! :)
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »

I agree! I noticed the chips on there but I thought that was only because they were still relatively new compared to some of their other products... I didn't know they were changing their recipe for them, too! Do you know what exactly they're changing? Why ruin a perfectly good product??? Urgh, Quest is killing me!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Oh, that honey smoked salmon looks really good!
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    edited April 2016

I agree! I noticed the chips on there but I thought that was only because they were still relatively new compared to some of their other products... I didn't know they were changing their recipe for them, too! Do you know what exactly they're changing? Why ruin a perfectly good product??? Urgh, Quest is killing me!

My guess is they are trying to lower production costs. Cheaper ingredients more net worth.
  • glassyo

Is that what the secret lab thing is, just another store with new products?

Ok, I just joined Quest Labs and this includes the products that haven't been released to the public yet as well as the current stuff.

And, on the chips, the protein has gone up like 1 or 2 grams and the calories went up 10. It doesn't look like the ingredients have changed.
  • CooCooPuff
    glassyo wrote: »

Is that what the secret lab thing is, just another store with new products?

Ok, I just joined Quest Labs and this includes the products that haven't been released to the public yet as well as the current stuff.

And, on the chips, the protein has gone up like 1 or 2 grams and the calories went up 10. It doesn't look like the ingredients have changed.
    I just got the email to sign up.

http://food52.com/recipes/24005-mocha-macadamia-nut-butter
    I used honey roasted peanuts instead of macadamia butter and omitted the sugar, but this made a really nice PB.

• glassyo
    And, apparently, the new protein bars can't be included in the discounted mixed box. Which kinda sucks.
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    I saw Thomas had a couple new english muffins tonight at the store, blueberry and banana bread. Has anyone tried either yet?!
  • kristian954
    kristian954 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm having the new Chobani Flip hazelnut as we speak. Totally yum and worth the 250 calories (if you're like me and love hazelnut anything), although it will definitely be a 'once in a while' thing. Also got the limited edition Cinnamon Bun Yoplait Greek and the new Simply Chobani double chocolate chunk yogurts waiting in my fridge. I had the raspberry chocolate light and fit Greek last week for the first time too and it's not bad at all (might not be new though, I just don't remember seeing it before).

Has anyone noticed any new interesting product recently?

I have recently discovered Manitoba hemp hearts. Add 3 tbsp to ur yogurt and power it up w 10 grams of omegas in perfect balance ratio and 10 grams of perfect protein. Maybe it's 7? Anyway it's very yummy and super healthy. Enjoy
  • jmarie1025
    jmarie1025 Posts: 114 Member

From what I understand they are leaving the flavors as is, but changing the chip itself to be more like a real potato chip texture wise. I personally can't stand them the way they are. They stick to my mouth and leave a sawdust like feeling. The new chips 2.0 is supposed to fix that. We will see... I ordered 1 bag to try
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    scastor27 wrote: »
    I saw Thomas had a couple new english muffins tonight at the store, blueberry and banana bread. Has anyone tried either yet?!

I haven't tried the banana bread flavor but I've heard it's rather underwhelming. The blueberry is really good in my opinion (especially since I have pineapple cream cheese in the fridge which pairs amazing with it), but it's not something I would get again for 160 calories a muffin. I'll certainly have no problem finishing it but it doesn't even come close to being as good as their maple french toast or cinnamon vanilla english muffin flavors! If you like blueberries though I say give it a try, just don't expect it to knock your socks off or anything.
  • triddering
    triddering Posts: 81 Member

I haven't tried the banana bread flavor but I've heard it's rather underwhelming. The blueberry is really good in my opinion (especially since I have pineapple cream cheese in the fridge which pairs amazing with it), but it's not something I would get again for 160 calories a muffin. I'll certainly have no problem finishing it but it doesn't even come close to being as good as their maple french toast or cinnamon vanilla english muffin flavors! If you like blueberries though I say give it a try, just don't expect it to knock your socks off or anything.

I just saw them both at the store today, but haven't tried them. I like the cranberry ones with a wedge of light laughing cow Swiss cheese, and guessing I would like the blueberry ones, but at 160 calories, not sure I want to ...
  • ASH_DVM
    ASH_DVM Posts: 160 Member

Oooh, I'm about to finish my maple french toast ones. Hopefully Kroger runs a BOGO on them soon, cause I'll try both.
  • KNewer88
    KNewer88 Posts: 19 Member
    This isn't new, but it certainly is to me. If you like chocolate and cinnamon, you'll love this;
    mhjafwyzx2lj.jpg

It's so, so very good. The texture is smooth and it leaves a nice warmth on the tongue from the cinnamon. I honestly didn't think it would be that good, but it is.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    7l8w5932ggfn.jpg
    Finally found a dairy-based something that doesn't year up my intestines! I actually really like this. It's really creamy and not tooth-achingly sweet. Plus, you can't beat the calorie count.

occl2t4txm5m.jpg
    Tastes identical to the salted caramel one to me. Still yummy.

81wxgm4gclqd.jpg
    Rich, creamy, and coconutt-y. I like this one more as a treat vs the Arctic Zero. The ingredients list is beautiful, though.

ou6unj7oll1g.jpg
    Delish! Sweet, salty, crunchy, and just the slightest bit smoky. I got these at Big Lots for 98 cents each. I'll definitely be back for more.

y1itkqwz43em.jpg
    I got this at Big Lots, too. This is seriously the tastiest nut milk that I've ever had! It mixes great in protein shakes, and it's really creamy, even without carrageenan.

ilhmag3t4o20.jpg
    The company sent these to us as samples. I liked all the other flavors, but this one was just yuck. The cinnamon dried out your mouth, and the stevia had a horrible aftertaste. I usually like stevia, too. Weird.

vkqxwzza3x6a.jpg
    Company sent these for us to see if we'd sell them. Everyone else hated them, but I really liked them. Garlic and Sea Salt were my two favorite flavors. The spicy one didn't seem that spicy at first, but it had a kick that really heated up after you ate them.

7gitqjix0ecn.jpg
    Ewwww! These were like apples that had been left in the dehydrator too long that had been coated with salt. Total waste of $2.50.

q5yl1w0p2ey3.jpg
    Meh. The chocolate wasn't dark enough for me, or creamy enough. And pairing it with salt tasted really weird to me.

i1fvx784tpjs.jpg
    Got this for free after it expired at work. It's okay, but I wouldn't have spent the $7.50 that it cost if I were to buy it. Basically, it tastes like Quaker Instant Oats with cranberries and pumpkin seeds mixed into it. You could make this stuff at home for way cheaper. Don't waste your money.

7yckv2ynzjpj.jpg
    The rep for this company came by yesterday and gave us all sorts of samples and free stuff yesterday. I really liked this! It tastes really fruit-y (not "green" at all,) and the colostrum didn't aggravate my stomach, surprisingly. I may actually buy this in the future.

5cq4jn08xkh4.jpg
    This was seriously THE BEST tart cherry juice that I've ever had! It was so rich and concentrated that it was actually creamy! I bet that it would be delicious on pancakes, but I just can't see myself buying it, even with my 30% employee discount. $34 a bottle is just too high for me to justify, especially considering that I don't have a problem with gout.

osrbiu0wi3jt.jpg
    This was really good, too! I love that the turmeric and ginger were fermented, and neither of them tasted "too strong". The drink was actually really tasty. It would be good for people with chronic inflammation, but that's not a problem of mine (thankfully), so I probably won't buy it. I'll still take all of the sample packets, though.

The guy have us all a free jar of their hand-poured coconut oil, too, but I haven't opened it yet. I'll get back to you guys later with my report when I do.

2q2rsdbdfmls.jpg
    Ick. I hated these. The turmeric was way too strong, and the drinks themselves weren't sweet enough. Plus, they were all really gritty.

gln8yzjfq0wz.jpg
    Yummy! Really crisp and had a nice crunch too them. Too bad that they're $7.50 a bag, though. I may try to make an imitation version at home later.

utzcpswlz3e8.jpg
    SO GOOD! For something dairy-free, I could have sworn that these were made of the BEST milk chocolate that I had ever tasted! The cacao butter just made it SO creamy and decadent. Almost worth $7.50. Almost.