New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Just a thank you for the nutrition info being shown.Appreciate this thread for all the goodies with reviews.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Shop Rite is apparently phasing out Edy's and I'm very sad.

They did however have new interesting things... This is new to me and comes in several flavors and looked delicious, but it was too expensive and I just don't have the calories for this right now (sigh)

3d-pint-cannoli.jpg

and some sort of water ice/frozen custard swirl things. Both too expensive for me to try out (should really have taken a picture).

Still no new Talenti flavors. Bleh.

I was in Shoprite yesterday and noticed the smaller selection of Edy's, I thought they were running out or making room for the new flavors, that's horrible they're phasing them out! Where did you hear that? Do you know why they're doing this?
    I didn't see this water ice/custard, but it looks interesting and I may have to give it a try if I hear good things!

Also, I got a sample of Orgain's plant based vanilla protein powder in the mail the other day (sweetened with erythritol), and I normally HATE pea protein but it was actually really delicious and had a great texture I was shocked!!! Highly recommend to anyone looking for plant based protein powders!!!
  • harleyt913
    harleyt913 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    24999195854_d2cb29fd8d_z.jpg?resize=501%2C640&ssl=1
    I wish my Kroger still carried this brand. :(

How is it? I see it at Whole Foods but I've never tried it.
    I never got a chance to try it. I only noticed it a few weeks before they started carrying it.

I'm in Cincinnati - we have a Graeter's on every corner it seems. It's incredible! I had some last weekend - I went to a Graeter's store and had 2 scoops so I didn't have the pint staring at me from the freezer.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Shop Rite is apparently phasing out Edy's and I'm very sad.

They did however have new interesting things... This is new to me and comes in several flavors and looked delicious, but it was too expensive and I just don't have the calories for this right now (sigh)

3d-pint-cannoli.jpg

and some sort of water ice/frozen custard swirl things. Both too expensive for me to try out (should really have taken a picture).

Still no new Talenti flavors. Bleh.

I was in Shoprite yesterday and noticed the smaller selection of Edy's, I thought they were running out or making room for the new flavors, that's horrible they're phasing them out! Where did you hear that? Do you know why they're doing this?
    I didn't see this water ice/custard, but it looks interesting and I may have to give it a try if I hear good things!

Also, I got a sample of Orgain's plant based vanilla protein powder in the mail the other day (sweetened with erythritol), and I normally HATE pea protein but it was actually really delicious and had a great texture I was shocked!!! Highly recommend to anyone looking for plant based protein powders!!!

Oh I don't know for sure that they're phasing them out but they definitely replaced them with some new stuff, so it was a guess. They only had one left of the slow churned flavors :( They still had the Grand ones though.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Went to Giant today & forgot to look for the Graeter's ice cream.

@Francl27 have you heard when Yuengling's new flavors are supposed to be released?

Giant didn't have the new Edy's so I bought Haagen Dasz's Peppermint Bark (they had one left) & their White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle (both are new flavors for me to try) & bought one of the Ben & Jerry's Cinnamon Buns.

If Edy's would have been more reasonably priced I would have bought the Cinnamon Bun Fun flavor since it's pretty decent for the calorie count. Still didn't notice any of the new Edy's flavors.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Outer-Aisle-Gourmet-Veggie-Thins-Pizza-products.jpg
    These were not very good, but I ate them cold. I am going to try crisping up the crust before I use it next time. I bet it will be better if I can get it to crisp up. It was kind of smooshy and didn't taste too good. I had high hopes because of all the good reviews.
  • Francl27
    Options

@Francl27 have you heard when Yuengling's new flavors are supposed to be released?

Giant didn't have the new Edy's so I bought Haagen Dasz's Peppermint Bark (they had one left) & their White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle (both are new flavors for me to try) & bought one of the Ben & Jerry's Cinnamon Buns.

If Edy's would have been more reasonably priced I would have bought the Cinnamon Bun Fun flavor since it's pretty decent for the calorie count. Still didn't notice any of the new Edy's flavors.

Never been able to find the older 'new' Yuengling flavors already :(
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    20148880214_53825f7598_z.jpg?resize=640%2C434&ssl=1
    These aren't new but I recently found at the store in the freezer aisle. They are very good, almost like an ice cream sandwich, but with no ice cream and made of peanut butter lol.

I might have to try this sometime.

I saw it at my walmart in the freezer section, you looked there right? I think Wegmans(and some stores) keep it in the non freezer section which is confusing.

Yeah Wal-Mart carries it in the freezer section.

I might try it eventually, but I have a lot of ice cream I've bought recently to go through once Lent is over.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    The squeaky texture of this is very similar to Juusto, but saltier and chunkier. I fried it up with a bit of salt and pepper. Yum!
    halloumi1.jpg
    I bought this in powdered form. It tastes like literal @$$. No wonder why it's illegal in some places.
    s-l1000.jpg

Did it taste worse than the Bobo Bars you ate awhile back?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Do you have any Weis stores in your area? According to something I read Weis could be getting the flavors on March 28th.
  • Francl27
    Options

Do you have any Weis stores in your area? According to something I read Weis could be getting the flavors on March 28th.

Nope :(
  • celinend
    celinend Posts: 30 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I doubt these bars are new, but they're new to me. A little bland but still pretty good.
    510-1030817-CarbSmart_AlmondBar_300x300_np.jpg

I could eat my weight in either of these though! Super tasty.
    emerald-cashews-sriracha-large3.png
    6ozcanboldsrirachafrontdown.jpg&maxx=300&maxy=0
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I'm just noticing this now, but I'm surprised it's taken this long for spammers to try shilling their crap in this thread.
  • Francl27
    Options
    I don't know if I'm just noticing this now, but I'm surprised it's taken this long for spammers to try shilling their crap in this thread.

I think they go away fast once we report them for spam.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    My two new favorites.... Dannon oikos triple zero Greek yogurt. 120 cal, 6 fiber, 15 protein, 7 sugar. Less than half the sugar of most Greek yogurts. No artificial food coloring. So far my favorites are the banana and the mixed berry.

Next up are the Premier protein fiber snack bars. They make my favorite protein bars and shakes but the fiber snack bars are new to me. The mixed box comes with chocolate mint, chocolate peanut butter caramel, and cookies and cream. The chocolate mint taste like a thin mint cookie. I got a box of 15 or so for $10.88 at Sam's Club.

l92uk887r0gm.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    My two new favorites.... Dannon oikos triple zero Greek yogurt. 120 cal, 6 fiber, 15 protein, 7 sugar. Less than half the sugar of most Greek yogurts. No artificial food coloring. So far my favorites are the banana and the mixed berry.

Next up are the Premier protein fiber snack bars. They make my favorite protein bars and shakes but the fiber snack bars are new to me. The mixed box comes with chocolate mint, chocolate peanut butter caramel, and cookies and cream. The chocolate mint taste like a thin mint cookie. I got a box of 15 or so for $10.88 at Sam's Club.

l92uk887r0gm.jpg

MMMM I love premier protein bars, but have never tried these! How were the cookies and cream and peanut butter?(I don't like mint)
  • Francl27
    Options
    These are the pints of frozen custard and fruit ice I saw at Shop Rite

https://www.facebook.com/doublerainbowicecream

Still tempted by the caramel custard, not gonna lie. Maybe next time.