New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    At my local Wal-Mart we have the Poptart Root Beer & Orange Crush flavor.

The Root Beer flavor is alright at room temperature & a lot better frozen in the freezer.

One day this week I'm going to put two in the toaster & then slather some Weis Root Beer Float ice cream between & make a sandwich.

A coworker gave me one of the Orange Crush flavor to try.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I tried the S'Mores Oreos and was pretty disappointed. Tasted like a Golden Oreo. I tried to scrape out the middle and eat it by itself, but it tasted like nothing in particular.

31NNxzSJ74L.jpg

The marshmallow gum was really good. Not sure the graham/chocolate really added anything. But the flavor lasted a long time.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    6q488kdj642h.jpg

why didnt anyone tell me how good these are??

83veihgwvj0f.jpg

soo soo good

I just bought the Double Chocolate brownie flavor a few months ago & also love it.
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Sweet Potato Tortilla Chips. They are freaking delicious. I generally avoid chips because of the few chips per serving, but the tortilla chips actually make it worth the calories. Plus the sodium is pretty low for chips which is a huge plus for me.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    @salembambi I've always wanted to try those rice things. How did you eat them? Just plain like as a snack or with a meal? I am just curious if they are more sweet or savory.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I'm having the new Chobani Flip hazelnut as we speak. Totally yum and worth the 250 calories (if you're like me and love hazelnut anything), although it will definitely be a 'once in a while' thing. Also got the limited edition Cinnamon Bun Yoplait Greek and the new Simply Chobani double chocolate chunk yogurts waiting in my fridge. I had the raspberry chocolate light and fit Greek last week for the first time too and it's not bad at all (might not be new though, I just don't remember seeing it before).

Has anyone noticed any new interesting product recently?

I've been dying to try the salted caramel BCAA's that everyone uses all over Instagram!

the ones by Slap Nutrition? they're pretty good, but I think they get more hype than they are worth to be quite honest.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    @salembambi I've always wanted to try those rice things. How did you eat them? Just plain like as a snack or with a meal? I am just curious if they are more sweet or savory.

I haven't tried the rollers (yet) but I did buy some when I needed to add more to my amazon order for the free shipping but I've had the Trader Joe's version. I'm sure they're the basically the same thing and the Trader Joe's version had a sliiiiiiiiiiiiight touch of sweetness to them.

They're not very filling so you might want to dip them in a nut butter or cookie butter or nutella or something. :) I ate them plain (but they were eaten along with a bunch of other stuff since I eat most of my calories at one time).
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options

i like to eat them just plain as a snack with other snacky things .They taste like a healthier less sweet version of sugar crisp cereal to me . Dipping them in almond or peanut butter would be really good too though
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Just tried the S'mores BPI Sports bar. It was just ok, nothing great (especially for a 240 calorie protein bar). Very similar to a Quest Bar but not as sweet and I could taste something slightly artificial. I definitely won't be getting it again, but I could see some people enjoying it.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    855880003036.jpg

Has anyone ever tried this? The ones I saw in store had advertisements for recent Fantastic Four Movie, but I just noticed these yesterday. They're more expensive than I would like though, 6.50 according to the HEB website.

I've seen it, lol. Thought about it, but would love to see reviews for it first...

Not sure any stores carry this brand around here.

Where have you found it at?
  • bellaa_x0
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    I just tried Quest's Vanilla Keto Cups (also from their Quest Labs) and unfortunately I can't say I was impressed, although I really wanted to be and at moments I almost convinced myself I was. It was such a weird experience but in the end I've decided it's not something I want to have again.
    I've had Quest's Cravings Peanut Butter Cups before (I really enjoy them but hardly buy them), so if anyone is familiar with these, I thought they'd be similar but they aren't. Quest's cravings cups are gritty whereas the chocolate on these Keto Cups is slightly darker and much smoother. There's a small amount of grittiness to it which I really liked, and overall the texture sent me over the moon and had me wanting more. Unfortunately, the same can't be said about the inside. I know I can't compare vanilla to peanut butter, but the peanut butter cups tasted really good whereas this vanilla filling just tasted like Quest's vanilla milkshake powder condensed and almost creamy but still solid.... it's hard to explain, but I wasn't a fan at all. It felt weird eating it, really. Not enjoyable at all and I wanted more chocolate and less filling. The ratio would have been great, if I liked the inside. Very easy to peel apart the layers (which some people may not care about but this matters to me as I like to slow down and really enjoy what I eat). After the first cup I was torn between loving the chocolate and hating the vanilla but I decided it's something I would order again, that is, until I finished the second cup. The more I ate it, the less I liked it. I noticed more of an aftertaste the more I savored the chocolate and I almost feel as if it burned a little bit and had a really bad aftertaste? Overall this isn't something I would recommend and definitely not something I'll be getting again, but with a few improvements (getting rid of the weird chemical aftertaste in the chocolate and lukewarm texture/taste of the vanilla, maybe make it creamier) I would consider giving it another chance. I'll probably try a flavor or two of the other keto cups eventually to see if maybe it was just the vanilla I didn't like, but I still think the Quest Cravings Peanut Butter Cups are still a lot better. Especially for 280 calories, this isn't something I need to have again anytime soon. I definitely feel like if I had more than two cups I would've gotten sick, it made my stomach a bit uneasy which I usually don't experience from sugar free candies.

i have to disagree... first off i think the original Cravings peanut butter cups are absolutely disgusting. they are chalky, nothing like a peanut butter cup, and not worth the calories/macros. i just tried the new keto cups in peanut butter and they actually taste like a REAL peanut butter cup in terms of flavor and texture. such a huge improvement from the old ones. maybe the vanilla isn't great - i can't speak to those specifically as i haven't tried them yet - but in terms of overall texture, etc. i think Quest has come a long way from the original Cravings cups.
  • bellaa_x0
    Options
    855880003036.jpg

Has anyone ever tried this? The ones I saw in store had advertisements for recent Fantastic Four Movie, but I just noticed these yesterday. They're more expensive than I would like though, 6.50 according to the HEB website.

I've seen it, lol. Thought about it, but would love to see reviews for it first...

I've seen it in the World Market section of my Bed Bath & Beyond.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    855880003036.jpg

HEB

• mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »
    I just tried Quest's Vanilla Keto Cups (also from their Quest Labs) and unfortunately I can't say I was impressed, although I really wanted to be and at moments I almost convinced myself I was. It was such a weird experience but in the end I've decided it's not something I want to have again.
    I've had Quest's Cravings Peanut Butter Cups before (I really enjoy them but hardly buy them), so if anyone is familiar with these, I thought they'd be similar but they aren't. Quest's cravings cups are gritty whereas the chocolate on these Keto Cups is slightly darker and much smoother. There's a small amount of grittiness to it which I really liked, and overall the texture sent me over the moon and had me wanting more. Unfortunately, the same can't be said about the inside. I know I can't compare vanilla to peanut butter, but the peanut butter cups tasted really good whereas this vanilla filling just tasted like Quest's vanilla milkshake powder condensed and almost creamy but still solid.... it's hard to explain, but I wasn't a fan at all. It felt weird eating it, really. Not enjoyable at all and I wanted more chocolate and less filling. The ratio would have been great, if I liked the inside. Very easy to peel apart the layers (which some people may not care about but this matters to me as I like to slow down and really enjoy what I eat). After the first cup I was torn between loving the chocolate and hating the vanilla but I decided it's something I would order again, that is, until I finished the second cup. The more I ate it, the less I liked it. I noticed more of an aftertaste the more I savored the chocolate and I almost feel as if it burned a little bit and had a really bad aftertaste? Overall this isn't something I would recommend and definitely not something I'll be getting again, but with a few improvements (getting rid of the weird chemical aftertaste in the chocolate and lukewarm texture/taste of the vanilla, maybe make it creamier) I would consider giving it another chance. I'll probably try a flavor or two of the other keto cups eventually to see if maybe it was just the vanilla I didn't like, but I still think the Quest Cravings Peanut Butter Cups are still a lot better. Especially for 280 calories, this isn't something I need to have again anytime soon. I definitely feel like if I had more than two cups I would've gotten sick, it made my stomach a bit uneasy which I usually don't experience from sugar free candies.

i have to disagree... first off i think the original Cravings peanut butter cups are absolutely disgusting. they are chalky, nothing like a peanut butter cup, and not worth the calories/macros. i just tried the new keto cups in peanut butter and they actually taste like a REAL peanut butter cup in terms of flavor and texture. such a huge improvement from the old ones. maybe the vanilla isn't great - i can't speak to those specifically as i haven't tried them yet - but in terms of overall texture, etc. i think Quest has come a long way from the original Cravings cups.

I agree that the original cups are awful. But I also agree with the review of the vanilla keto cups. Totally not worth the calories...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    855880003036.jpg

Acme in NJ.
  • hgycta
    Options
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »

I'll have to try the peanut butter version then, thanks for sharing!
  • chickboy0
    chickboy0 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think I found some Green Tea soap... which i've never heard of...
  • hgycta
    Options
    PSA: Until Monday, Vitamin Shoppe is having a buy one get one 50% off EVERYTHING sale using the code BOGO2016 at checkout. Paid $34.99 for one tub of Quest protein powder and got the second only $17.50. Got ONE bars for $24.99 and then the second at $12.50. Just letting you all know so hopefully you return the favor if another store has another super amazing sale x'D
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited May 2016
    Options
    When I was at Wal-Mart on Friday I noticed they're having a contest to vote for the next Wal-Mart Exclusive flavor of Oreos. The choices are Cookies & Cream (sounds boring), Jelly Doughnut, & Caramel Apple.

http://see.walmart.com/voteoreo

I voted for Jelly Doughnut since that sounds interesting.