New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    @CooCooPuff a coworker found the S'Mores M&Ms at a Wal-Mart & gave me a few to try. IMO the M&Ms didn't have much of a S'Mores taste.
    Are they at least better than the honey roasted nut M&Ms?

I'm gonna pass on the coffee flavored nuts and just pick up the chili if I'm interested.

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    I just tried Quest's Vanilla Keto Cups (also from their Quest Labs) and unfortunately I can't say I was impressed, although I really wanted to be and at moments I almost convinced myself I was. It was such a weird experience but in the end I've decided it's not something I want to have again.
    I've had Quest's Cravings Peanut Butter Cups before (I really enjoy them but hardly buy them), so if anyone is familiar with these, I thought they'd be similar but they aren't. Quest's cravings cups are gritty whereas the chocolate on these Keto Cups is slightly darker and much smoother. There's a small amount of grittiness to it which I really liked, and overall the texture sent me over the moon and had me wanting more. Unfortunately, the same can't be said about the inside. I know I can't compare vanilla to peanut butter, but the peanut butter cups tasted really good whereas this vanilla filling just tasted like Quest's vanilla milkshake powder condensed and almost creamy but still solid.... it's hard to explain, but I wasn't a fan at all. It felt weird eating it, really. Not enjoyable at all and I wanted more chocolate and less filling. The ratio would have been great, if I liked the inside. Very easy to peel apart the layers (which some people may not care about but this matters to me as I like to slow down and really enjoy what I eat). After the first cup I was torn between loving the chocolate and hating the vanilla but I decided it's something I would order again, that is, until I finished the second cup. The more I ate it, the less I liked it. I noticed more of an aftertaste the more I savored the chocolate and I almost feel as if it burned a little bit and had a really bad aftertaste? Overall this isn't something I would recommend and definitely not something I'll be getting again, but with a few improvements (getting rid of the weird chemical aftertaste in the chocolate and lukewarm texture/taste of the vanilla, maybe make it creamier) I would consider giving it another chance. I'll probably try a flavor or two of the other keto cups eventually to see if maybe it was just the vanilla I didn't like, but I still think the Quest Cravings Peanut Butter Cups are still a lot better. Especially for 280 calories, this isn't something I need to have again anytime soon. I definitely feel like if I had more than two cups I would've gotten sick, it made my stomach a bit uneasy which I usually don't experience from sugar free candies.

Wow this was such a detailed review lol I love it :)! Thank you. I won't be trying these. If I am going to eat something for 280 calories, it better be good.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    I just tried Quest's Vanilla Keto Cups (also from their Quest Labs) and unfortunately I can't say I was impressed, although I really wanted to be and at moments I almost convinced myself I was. It was such a weird experience but in the end I've decided it's not something I want to have again.
    I've had Quest's Cravings Peanut Butter Cups before (I really enjoy them but hardly buy them), so if anyone is familiar with these, I thought they'd be similar but they aren't. Quest's cravings cups are gritty whereas the chocolate on these Keto Cups is slightly darker and much smoother. There's a small amount of grittiness to it which I really liked, and overall the texture sent me over the moon and had me wanting more. Unfortunately, the same can't be said about the inside. I know I can't compare vanilla to peanut butter, but the peanut butter cups tasted really good whereas this vanilla filling just tasted like Quest's vanilla milkshake powder condensed and almost creamy but still solid.... it's hard to explain, but I wasn't a fan at all. It felt weird eating it, really. Not enjoyable at all and I wanted more chocolate and less filling. The ratio would have been great, if I liked the inside. Very easy to peel apart the layers (which some people may not care about but this matters to me as I like to slow down and really enjoy what I eat). After the first cup I was torn between loving the chocolate and hating the vanilla but I decided it's something I would order again, that is, until I finished the second cup. The more I ate it, the less I liked it. I noticed more of an aftertaste the more I savored the chocolate and I almost feel as if it burned a little bit and had a really bad aftertaste? Overall this isn't something I would recommend and definitely not something I'll be getting again, but with a few improvements (getting rid of the weird chemical aftertaste in the chocolate and lukewarm texture/taste of the vanilla, maybe make it creamier) I would consider giving it another chance. I'll probably try a flavor or two of the other keto cups eventually to see if maybe it was just the vanilla I didn't like, but I still think the Quest Cravings Peanut Butter Cups are still a lot better. Especially for 280 calories, this isn't something I need to have again anytime soon. I definitely feel like if I had more than two cups I would've gotten sick, it made my stomach a bit uneasy which I usually don't experience from sugar free candies.

Wow this was such a detailed review lol I love it :)! Thank you. I won't be trying these. If I am going to eat something for 280 calories, it better be good.

I don't blame you, it wasn't worth the calories nor the money. I went to the Vitamin Shoppe's health expo today though and noticed these bars, I've never seen them before. I've tried their powder and wasn't too impressed but I'm curious how the bars will be

7nrkradig1n1.jpg

• Noreenmarie1234
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @hgycta

Omg, these look delicious, can't wait to hear
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    x9uzeyrps7je.jpg

Newish product that a lot of people probably don't know about, but I buy quite a bit of stuff off this website and had a $10 off coupon so I went for it. Each bar was a decent size and only had 160 calories, and it was actually really good and pretty filling! No weird aftertaste and really enjoyable, but it tasted like a vanilla coated marshmallow Rice Krispies treat which I'm not normally crazy about so I probably won't get this flavor again. Better microwaved, but for the price it isn't something I would buy over another protein bar (especially the OhYeah! ONE bars, I'm obsessed with those)
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    KellyLouiseGibson Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Aloe Vera Gel? Just started having it yesterday its a 25ml shot. Has anyone else used this?
  • babycatchfire
    babycatchfire Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    lgk96e4p7v86.jpeg
    Current go-to favorites. Since I follow an iifym lifestyle these are great because it's one less thing to weigh. Great post-workout or addition to Greek yogurt or oatmeal.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    lgk96e4p7v86.jpeg
    Current go-to favorites. Since I follow an iifym lifestyle these are great because it's one less thing to weigh. Great post-workout or addition to Greek yogurt or oatmeal.

I really liked the Wild Friends. They definitely have that protein added smell and flavor initially but were very tasty with a bit of dark chocolate and in my steel cut oats. I travel for work and they are convenient too for a satisfying snack treat on the go.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    lgk96e4p7v86.jpeg

Haha I hate those because they are such a pain to squeeze...
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    lgk96e4p7v86.jpeg

lol me too, I feel like I can never get it all out, so am jipped some of my precious nut butter :p
  • Francl27
    Options
    lgk96e4p7v86.jpeg

lol me too, I feel like I can never get it all out, so am jipped some of my precious nut butter :p

A serving is 32g right? Last time I only managed to get 23g out.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    lgk96e4p7v86.jpeg

A serving is 32g right? Last time I only managed to get 23g out.

I would just open the package all the way and lick the last of it off. :)
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    lgk96e4p7v86.jpeg

As someone who can eat an entire jar of peanut butter, these individual packets are really handy. Super convenient and easy to squeeze.
  • Francl27
    Options
    lgk96e4p7v86.jpeg

As someone who can eat an entire jar of peanut butter, these individual packets are really handy. Super convenient and easy to squeeze.

To be fair, the Justin's package I got was a bit bigger, and longer (and yeah, supposedly 32g).
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    q4kpitdem1vd.png

I am a huge fan of flavored coffee so I bought these to try. They were pretty bland. The chocolate mint one was the best, but I am not a big fan of chocolate mint ice cream in general, so didn't care for it too much. Chocolate mashmallow swirl sounds so good but didn't really taste like anything, either did the vienna mocha chunk lol. The only one I really liked was the butterscotch because I could taste a nice subtle butterscotch flavor.
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

To be fair, the Justin's package I got was a bit bigger, and longer ...
    :D:D:D

I also get the "bigger and longer" ones. I love the portion control though. Because with jarred PB, I'm like "2 Tbsp means how much can I fit onto a Tbsp, twice, right?" I need to find these protein Wild Friends versions!
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I'm having the new Chobani Flip hazelnut as we speak. Totally yum and worth the 250 calories (if you're like me and love hazelnut anything), although it will definitely be a 'once in a while' thing. Also got the limited edition Cinnamon Bun Yoplait Greek and the new Simply Chobani double chocolate chunk yogurts waiting in my fridge. I had the raspberry chocolate light and fit Greek last week for the first time too and it's not bad at all (might not be new though, I just don't remember seeing it before).

Has anyone noticed any new interesting product recently?

I've been dying to try the salted caramel BCAA's that everyone uses all over Instagram!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    855880003036.jpg

Has anyone ever tried this? The ones I saw in store had advertisements for recent Fantastic Four Movie, but I just noticed these yesterday. They're more expensive than I would like though, 6.50 according to the HEB website.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    855880003036.jpg

Has anyone ever tried this? The ones I saw in store had advertisements for recent Fantastic Four Movie, but I just noticed these yesterday. They're more expensive than I would like though, 6.50 according to the HEB website.

How can *anyone* resist the name "Cookie Nookie"?

Edited to add: I just looked at the ingredients. That looks VERY dangerous.
  • Francl27
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    855880003036.jpg

I've seen it, lol. Thought about it, but would love to see reviews for it first...